Whytes Shares in The Rangers

BawdeepLoyal

when your the only bidder you don't bid high.

I notice what d&p didn't do was reject murray's bid and accept Miller's.

The Blue Knights aren't the only bidder though so they have to come in with a bid that AT LEAST matches the best bid that's sitting on the table, something thay have consistently failed to do. TBK are relying on a share issue to garner the funds to be able to carry out a CVA BUT :

1) they don't have any shares to sell.

2) IF they do get the shares they may not get the required response from supporters that gets them the required cash amount to satisfy the CVA - the administrators can't take projected sums into account regarding payment to creditors, only what is sitting on the table just now as part of their bid.

in the case of point 2 Miller is the better option but if a bidder puts a new bid on the table then D & P have to look at it and assess if it is the better deal, hence the reason why Miller hasn't been named a PB at this moment in time. I hope this makes sense.

yeah they definitely aren't trying to up the bids :lol:

They will move with Miller this week once he gets the situation with sfa/spl to his satisfaction................. whereas mini still looking for money.

Tell you what only one left to try is the HMRC he could take them out of the creditors pot and do a deal with them for a loan of £10m and pay them back the money over 9.10 years whatever.

The Blue Knights aren't the only bidder though so they have to come in with a bid that AT LEAST matches the best bid that's sitting on the table, something thay have consistently failed to do. TBK are relying on a share issue to garner the funds to be able to carry out a CVA BUT :

1) they don't have any shares to sell.

2) IF they do get the shares they may not get the required response from supporters that gets them the required cash amount to satisfy the CVA - the administrators can't take projected sums into account regarding payment to creditors, only what is sitting on the table just now as part of their bid.

in the case of point 2 Miller is the better option but if a bidder puts a new bid on the table then D & P have to look at it and assess if it is the better deal, hence the reason why Miller hasn't been named a PB at this moment in time. I hope this makes sense.

they certainly don't have to match Miller's bid.

I could bid 25 million with the condition that there are no spl or sfa sanctions.

safe in the knowledge I would never need to fork out.

that's what they said 10 days ago.

I'm sceptical shall we say.

lol and look back over the last year as to minis statements. Anyway I forgot you as you said no absolutely nothing about minis bid/thoughts apart from what the papers say.

So really no need to pass comments on as if you are in the know.

they certainly don't have to match Miller's bid.

I could bid 25 million with the condition that there are no spl or sfa sanctions.

safe in the knowledge I would never need to fork out.

I think the SFA sanctions regarding the transfer embargo will be overturned or at least made to cover a shorter timescale - the SPL sanctions are only applicable if the club remains within the SPL, if the club doesn't and goes to the SFL then the sanctions can't be imposed - i could be wrong but it's how i understand it could be. Regarding the sanctions - if Rangers vote along with the 10 lesser clubs regarding TV and Gate monies then i don't think the sanctions will happen (these clubs need Rangers more than Rangers need them after all) - this is the reason i think the meeting was put off until today.

If time was the main issue, D&P would have taken Whyte to court immediately. They haven't so they're clearly not overly confident of victory.

Whyte's holding will have to be purchased if we want to exit by a CVA. Unfortunately, with every passing day, a deal doesn't look possible there and I think we may well be heading for a pre-pack.

While I said Shyte it is the companies I should have referred to that Shyte controls and D&P HAVE taken then to court!

I think Newco is the best way given the morass and mess of the financial structures as it is the cleanest option going forward and we just have to deal with the footballing penalties.

:anguish:

I've been saying for several weeks that Whyte was and still is the biggest obstacle to a CVA and avoiding liquidation.

Unfortunately, it's going to take a fair whack of cash to 'persuade' this guy to walk away and, even then, he may still want the smug symbolism of director's box tickets for life.

Those who want to buy the football club and, indeed you and I, are going to have to decide whether or not the distastefulness of paying this guy takes precedence over saving our club.

I have been saying from day one that Craig Whyte will not walk away without a motza of cash in his bank account. Our esteemed poster,BP9 disagrees with me,but I still say that unless CW ends up behind bars and that a court deems they are not his to sell, then he holds all the aces to where we go from here.

There was one report I saw where Whyte stated that he is "owed" (allegedly) £30 million,being the amount he has spent on taking control of Rangers FC. :rolleyes:

I have been saying from day one that Craig Whyte will not walk away without a motza of cash in his bank account. Our esteemed poster,BP9 disagrees with me,but I still say that unless CW ends up behind bars and that a court deems they are not his to sell, then he holds all the aces to where we go from here.

Behind bars would be my second choice. Lunch with Paul McBride would be my #1 option.....

Behind bars would be my second choice. Lunch with Paul McBride would be my #1 option.....

maybe they could share a chicken supper that's lying there uneaten.... the guy it was meant for couldnae have been hungry :craphead:

As we know there has been much speculation about Whyte and his shares recently with him being branded irrelevant, and a side issue, by the administrators.

I don't think any of us really believed that to be the case, but I have been looking back at Whyte and how he came into the picture and as far as I can see there are a few matters which will need resolved before Whyte agrees to any handover, no matter who buys us and what is offered in any CVA.

To me the minimum Whyte will want is what he has paid out, one way or another.

I assume that there have been costs associated with the following:

1) Due diligence - he must have paid a lawyer or other such company for a report of sorts.

2) Legal fees - incurred as a result of contracts being drawn up, signed, registered, advice give, attendance at meetings, etc, etc.

3) General expenses - travellng, hotels, general playing Billy Big Baws whilst in Glasgow taking us over.

4) Accountancy costs - as stated, running the numbers in conjunction with the lawyers, etc.

5) Business consultancy/financial advice - there are always hanger-on costs like these, BS though they may be.

In light of the above, I would guess that the total is a fair whack indeed, and there is no way he will walk without this being paid back to him, whether he actually deserves it or not.

if we then look at the situation where he actually expects a payment for his shares on top of the expenses/costs above we could be looking a seriously frustrating situation with Whyte, and one which may not be easily resolved.

Has anyone any ideas the type of figures we could be looking at for an average buyout of the sort we have been subjected too? The share matter will be based on opinions, but there must be some figures available for takeover costs per se.

Any ideas?

BDLoyal

You are assuming that it was Whyte who paid those various expenses, I'd hazard a guess that most if not all the invoices raised were not paid by Craig Whyte or companies 100% owned by Craig Whyte.

You are assuming that it was Whyte who paid those various expenses, I'd hazard a guess that most if not all the invoices raised were not paid by Craig Whyte or companies 100% owned by Craig Whyte.

That is a very good point mate! I didn't look at it from that perspective, but it did roll on for a while and lawyers like to invoice on the button, thus my (silly) assumption he actually paid a bill.............. <cr>

when you read the list you have stated do you not think this is why D &P are taking Collier Bristol re Gary Whitley to court? There is an another thread on this on this forum. I think Craig Whyte is irrelevant as if D&P sell to the highest bidder they have legally bought and paid for the club, what can whyte say to that, his shares are worthless, he put the club into admin as he couldn't pay the bills and they owe £$. Bill Miller will walk away while his way of thinking is good no CW no ticketus no sanctions , he will never be allowed to screw hmrc, were as TBN are trying to keep everyone happy so they are and will always be preferred bidder. The only thng beating them up is the figures, they prob want to keep as much cash for players and running the club rather than pay crediters.

If time was the main issue, D&P would have taken Whyte to court immediately. They haven't so they're clearly not overly confident of victory.

In fairness, they have taken legal steps and sought an expedited hearing, but the judge set a full hearing for October ... that case is not just against Collyer Bristow, it also includes Whyte's takeover vehicle, Rangers FC Group.

As admin's, can D&P not issue new shares in the company, thereby diluting Whyte's holding?

I would not have thought so and the amount of shares required to dilute Whyte's holding sufficiently would be massive and costly for whoever bought them.

I would not have thought so and the amount of shares required to dilute Whyte's holding sufficiently would be massive and costly for whoever bought them.

Seems to go to that the new shares would decrease in value accordingly. Any of our more financially-minded people out there have some thoughts on this?

I'm almost certain Whitehouse said something to this effect a couple weeks ago.

As admin's, can D&P not issue new shares in the company, thereby diluting Whyte's holding?

I'm led to believe they can but that any shareholder can mount a legal challenge ergo substantially delaying any implementation, it would take a mammoth amount of new shares to do so anyway.

Seems to go to that the new shares would decrease in value accordingly. Any of our more financially-minded people out there have some thoughts on this?

I'm almost certain Whitehouse said something to this effect a couple weeks ago.

I really don't think it would be legal to issue company shares for sale when said company is in administration ... in real terms, shares in Rangers have no value. Once a company enters administration I think the trading in shares is suspended.