Whytes Shares in The Rangers

BawdeepLoyal

As we know there has been much speculation about Whyte and his shares recently with him being branded irrelevant, and a side issue, by the administrators.

I don't think any of us really believed that to be the case, but I have been looking back at Whyte and how he came into the picture and as far as I can see there are a few matters which will need resolved before Whyte agrees to any handover, no matter who buys us and what is offered in any CVA.

To me the minimum Whyte will want is what he has paid out, one way or another.

I assume that there have been costs associated with the following:

1) Due diligence - he must have paid a lawyer or other such company for a report of sorts.

2) Legal fees - incurred as a result of contracts being drawn up, signed, registered, advice give, attendance at meetings, etc, etc.

3) General expenses - travellng, hotels, general playing Billy Big Baws whilst in Glasgow taking us over.

4) Accountancy costs - as stated, running the numbers in conjunction with the lawyers, etc.

5) Business consultancy/financial advice - there are always hanger-on costs like these, BS though they may be.

In light of the above, I would guess that the total is a fair whack indeed, and there is no way he will walk without this being paid back to him, whether he actually deserves it or not.

if we then look at the situation where he actually expects a payment for his shares on top of the expenses/costs above we could be looking a seriously frustrating situation with Whyte, and one which may not be easily resolved.

Has anyone any ideas the type of figures we could be looking at for an average buyout of the sort we have been subjected too? The share matter will be based on opinions, but there must be some figures available for takeover costs per se.

Any ideas?

BDLoyal

I've been saying for several weeks that Whyte was and still is the biggest obstacle to a CVA and avoiding liquidation.

Unfortunately, it's going to take a fair whack of cash to 'persuade' this guy to walk away and, even then, he may still want the smug symbolism of director's box tickets for life.

Those who want to buy the football club and, indeed you and I, are going to have to decide whether or not the distastefulness of paying this guy takes precedence over saving our club.

I thought Whyte already made it clear what he wants. He wants to keep 20 percent of his current stake, his own man on the board, seats in the directors box for life, and assurances that he will not be chased for any future liabilities.

I've been saying for several weeks that Whyte was and still is the biggest obstacle to a CVA and avoiding liquidation.

Unfortunately, it's going to take a fair whack of cash to 'persuade' this guy to walk away and, even then, he may still want the smug symbolism of director's box tickets for life.

Those who want to buy the football club and, indeed you and I, are going to have to decide whether or not the distastefulness of paying this guy takes precedence over saving our club.

many have said liquidation would leave him open to prosecution that's the hope I am clinging to.

but I fear you are right Frankie. I know a few lads that won't renew season books if whytes benefiting.

I think the bids will work themselves out, and I don't see liquidation (yet anyway), but Whyte does seem to be a complete prick, and normally when folk like that have the power and ability to hold it over folk and use it to their advantage, they cannot resist it. Thats my biggest worry at this time.

I think the bids will work themselves out, and I don't see liquidation (yet anyway), but Whyte does seem to be a complete prick, and normally when folk like that have the power and ability to hold it over folk and use it to their advantage, they cannot resist it. Thats my biggest worry at this time.

IMHO (and it is only my opinion), if TBK could have done a deal, they'd have done so by now.

Unfortunately, I think we're heading for pre-pack unless something changes substantially.

As we know there has been much speculation about Whyte and his shares recently with him being branded irrelevant, and a side issue, by the administrators.

I don't think any of us really believed that to be the case, but I have been looking back at Whyte and how he came into the picture and as far as I can see there are a few matters which will need resolved before Whyte agrees to any handover, no matter who buys us and what is offered in any CVA.

1) Due diligence - he must have paid a lawyer or other such company for a report of sorts.

2) Legal fees - incurred as a result of contracts being drawn up, signed, registered, advice give, attendance at meetings, etc, etc.

3) General expenses - travellng, hotels, general playing Billy Big Baws whilst in Glasgow taking us over.

4) Accountancy costs - as stated, running the numbers in conjunction with the lawyers, etc.

5) Business consultancy/financial advice - there are always hanger-on costs like these, BS though they may be.

In light of the above, I would guess that the total is a fair whack indeed, and there is no way he will walk without this being paid back to him, whether he actually deserves it or not.

if we then look at the situation where he actually expects a payment for his shares on top of the expenses/costs above we could be looking a seriously frustrating situation with Whyte, and one which may not be easily resolved.

Has anyone any ideas the type of figures we could be looking at for an average buyout of the sort we have been subjected too? The share matter will be based on opinions, but there must be some figures available for takeover costs per se.

Any ideas?

BDLoyal

In a stratight forward sale you MAY be correct - but like anyone else 'caveat emptor' (Buyer beware) is the rule - sort of that money is gone CW so tough!

BUT Whte 'claims' to have all sorts of loans and guarantees (as well as his actual shareholding) and to get a CVA in a decent time everyone of these will need to be negotiated away.

If time was no barrier then in those case all these 'assumptions' would get tested in court - and a 'fair' compromise/offer could be reached.

This is where I think TBK bid really falls apart as it means we have to deal with the Charlatan Shyte and sort this out in a decent time frame - which gives him power.

What I like about the Miller bid is it sidelines these issues and creates the time to sort these issues out correctly (in which case I think Shytes claims will all fail) but there may be football ramifications with that solution.

Rock - Hard Place - take your pick.

IMHO (and it is only my opinion), if TBK could have done a deal, they'd have done so by now.

Unfortunately, I think we're heading for pre-pack unless something changes substantially.

Indeed, TBK seem to have came to a stumbling block they will not get over.

Well (pedantically) it is time that is the biggest obstacle to a CVA - as all Shytes claims should be validated and tested in court - but we cant afford the time. I have just posted on this thrad - Rock or Hard Place take your pick - and thats what you have outlined as well - My own opinion is take the footballing consequences and get a clean start and CW can heave everything he is due (and that is meant as a double ententre!) . I dont buy all the crap about losing our history in a NewCo so I dont fear that route as much as some - we would all like at CVA but, for me, not at any cost and Shyte coming out ahead in this is a price to far for me.

Well (pedantically) it is time that is the biggest obstacle to a CVA - as all Shytes claims should be validated and tested in court - but we cant afford the time. I have just posted on this thrad - Rock or Hard Place take your pick - and thats what you have outlined as well - My own opinion is take the footballing consequences and get a clean start and CW can heave everything he is due (and that is meant as a double ententre!) . I dont buy all the crap about losing our history in a NewCo so I dont fear that route as much as some - we would all like at CVA but, for me, not at any cost and Shyte coming out ahead in this is a price to far for me.

If time was the main issue, D&P would have taken Whyte to court immediately. They haven't so they're clearly not overly confident of victory.

Whyte's holding will have to be purchased if we want to exit by a CVA. Unfortunately, with every passing day, a deal doesn't look possible there and I think we may well be heading for a pre-pack.

ticketus :lol:

Ticketus are no longer part of the TBK deal - if they chase Whyte for the shares and manage to aquire them do you honestly believe they will just hand them over to TBK and go on their merry way. If they have the shares they don't need to be part of any CVA because the shares will give them the upper hand in any deal - they'll practically name their price and see what TBK come back with (they want back as much of their initial outlay back as they can get because, bare in mind, TBK NEED those shares and Ticketus don't particulary need to sell them - if they don't want to).

just like d&p and miller.

You continualy make it known that you believe the administrators to be liars and also that they are out to destroy the club.

And Miller.......................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm guy has been working behind the scenes for the last few weeks, unless that is more lies that you keep suggesting that the admin are out to fuck the club.

What has mini been doing while Miller has had his people in discussions to get an answer from the football authorities .......running Here, There and Everywhere , trying to get people to give him money to try and but the club.

What happened to the fabled £25m from last year.

Borrowing money you can go back and back and ask the same people for money and then more money, then they turn round and say sorry enough is enough. Ticketus have obviously had enough of mini asking.

I mean for the chap David Whitehouse stated on national radio on Saturday thet the offer from mini was less than the creditors would get in a Liquidation. Now we know, but many previous digs from you,that the administrators don't want mini to get the club..............tip for you everyone money would be welcome to them.

You really need to take a reality cheque(remember him) as to mini and his well knights without the shine.

Any ideas?

BDLoyal

I always assumed he paid for everything out of the ticketus money and apart from his pound never put anything in. Also the Arsenal shares that he sold have yet to be accounted for.

You continualy make it known that you believe the administrators to be liars and also that they are out to destroy the club.

And Miller.......................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm guy has been working behind the scenes for the last few weeks, unless that is more lies that you keep suggesting that the admin are out to fuck the club.

What has mini been doing while Miller has had his people in discussions to get an answer from the football authorities .......running Here, There and Everywhere , trying to get people to give him money to try and but the club.

What happened to the fabled £25m from last year.

Borrowing money you can go back and back and ask the same people for money and then more money, then they turn round and say sorry enough is enough. Ticketus have obviously had enough of mini asking.

I mean for the chap David Whitehouse stated on national radio on Saturday thet the offer from mini was less than the creditors would get in a Liquidation. Now we know, but many previous digs from you,that the administrators don't want mini to get the club..............tip for you everyone money would be welcome to them.

You really need to take a reality cheque(remember him) as to mini and his well knights without the shine.

when your the only bidder you don't bid high.

I notice what d&p didn't do was reject murray's bid and accept Miller's.

I always assumed he paid for everything out of the ticketus money and apart from his pound never put anything in. Also the Arsenal shares that he sold have yet to be accounted for.

I'm sure you are spot on.

people forget there are millions missing.