TBK Love In

scottyc06

timestamp='1336822588' post='1060030627']

everyone will do their

Some more than others and a cash injection is what is required now BK should stop fiddling about while Rome burns and get real

he's put in an acceptable bid.

if d&p want to hold off for a better one little can be done to stop them.

upping your acceptable bid will just encourage them to wait longer.

d&p are playing a dangerous game. the sure as hell better come up with a viable bid now or people will get very very angry.

I doubt they will myself but we will see.

Hmm, if this is the case then that is truly worrying.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok il bite!

Time wasters? Yes miller was a time waster, but have a look closer to home.. Which consortium has been here since day one and not tabled an acceptable bid! I wish they would I really do, maybe then we would get somewhere and we would both have something to be happy about... I'd still have a club to support and you'd have TBK running the club!

they have tabled an acceptable bid.

it really is that simple.

they have tabled an acceptable bid.

it really is that simple.

So just to clarify, by acceptable, I assume this means that they have bid an amount greater or equal to what D+P have asked for? And they are still waiting in case someone outbids them? Have they set a time limit for the other bidders? When is it?

So just to clarify, by acceptable, I assume this means that they have bid an amount greater or equal to what D+P have asked for? And they are still waiting in case someone outbids them? Have they set a time limit for the other bidders? When is it?

yeah that's it.

as for the other bids they will wait until it looks like they might not get paid I expect.

<br>it might well have been. if miller had bought us. after all Kennedy had spoken to him.<br>
<br><br>Maybe Kennedy should have spoken to the Rangers Supporters' Group that instigated the protest as well, then Miller might well have bought us.<br><br>PS I'm not in any way saying this would be his sole reason for not buying us, but it certainly didn't help.<br><br>The point I'm making is, if Kennedy spoke to Miller, and felt he was the right man for the club, then why all the protests against him...............................instigated by the fans' group who were in support of Kennedy? Did he not ask them to support Miller as well? Or was the "support Bill Miller" just a smokescreen for what he really meant, and the protests suited him and the BK's?

People who are swayed by mere words don't have a clear grasp of how the process works, TBK are a busted flush and have been since day 1.

How do I know this?

Look at the bid yesterday.

Busted flush sums them up.

They are a bit of an embarrassment now.

Maybe Kennedy should have spoken to the Rangers Supporters' Group that instigated the protest as well, then Miller might well have bought us.

PS I'm not in any way saying this would be his sole reason for not buying us, but it certainly didn't help.

The point I'm making is, if Kennedy spoke to Miller, and felt he was the right man for the club, the why all the protests against him...............................instigated by the fans' group who were in support of Kennedy? Did he not ask them to support Miller as well? Or was the "support Bill Miller" just a smokescreen for what he really meant, and the protests suited him and the BK's?

people are individuals.

we each do what we feel is right.

me I listened to Kennedy and didn't protest. much as I listened to him yesterday.

I'm not convinced by TBK , they have been withdrawing bids and acting like spoilt children tbh. And now causing huge rifts in our loyal support with their petty statements geared at putting mob pressure on administrators. Not very dignified and not the sort of characters suitable to be custodians of the greatest club in the world.

up to you who you believe one way or another it will all be over soon.

Its not about wanting to believe someone, if you want to continue with conspiracy theories to fuel your ideals that anything outwith TBK is wrong then carry on!

people are individuals.

we each do what we feel is right.

me I listened to Kennedy and didn't protest. much as I listened to him yesterday.

Of course you didn't protest, you've not been at a game since we went into admin!

D. Murray didn't want to sell to mini

Lloyds didn't want to sell to mini

Whyte didn't want to sell to mini

D&p don't want to sell to mini

There is a pattern here maybe its because mini has not got the money .

He may have the clubs best interest at heart but that doesn't get you any where , it's cash we need and however

Puts that up and gets us out this mess , that will do for me.

For a person with a estimated fortune of over 300 million, the almighty savior statement of "He would step in and save RFC and would not let it die" is rather empty.

If he couldn't have put 15 20 million down to save the club then done a deal with those who are behind the Blue Knights to find a group of 10 who would pay him 2 million each with interest once the club is back on its feet, but he is not a Rangers supporter.

On the other hand his wife is supposed to be a Rangers fan so he may not be getting his hole for a considerable time.

My thoughts on the TBK bid, as laid out by Kennedy.

According to Kennedy, the offer was £5.5 million up front, with a further £2 million contingent on European success in years two and three. Add to that potential £7.5 million a pledge to pay off all Rangers' football related debts (although that could be off-set by payment of football debts owed to Rangers ... the figures more or less balance out) taking it to a quantum of £11.2 million. Much was also made of TBK taking responsibility for on-going expenses at the time of takeover. But what does all this mean?

How do TBK propose to bring about this "European success" in years two and three? When paying the players their full whack the club haemorrhages circa £1 million per month. And that's with a playing squad that bombed out of Europe very early this season. So, are TBK expecting to add quality to the squad and take the £12 million hit per annum? If that is the case, is it really credible to expect to carry on regardless with the profligacy of the past while giving creditors pence in the pound? Seriously, £36 million down the drain to give the creditors an extra £2 million? That's not going to happen.

Ah, but didn't you listen to all the talk about increasing revenues ... the commercial side of the club is going to be transformed. Seriously? How? The legacy contracts that Bill Miller cited as a problem aren't going to be a problem under TBKs? And how do football clubs generally go about increasing revenues? Well, increasing the capacity of the stadium is usually the main one. But Ibrox currently has a capacity of a little over 50,000 and average attendances of circa 44,000, which amounts to 6,000 empty seats. But, we'll carry on regardless and look at increasing the capacity. Back in 1999 Newcastle United set about increasing the capacity of St James' Park from a little over 36,000 to a little over 52,000 at a cost of around £70 million. It cost Arsenal the small matter of around £300 million to move from the 38,000 capacity Highbury to the 60,000 capacity Emirates. Adding a further 10,000 to the capacity of Ibrox would cost a minimum £50 million.

In short, I think it was all hot air and pie in the sky.

<br><br>Maybe Kennedy should have spoken to the Rangers Supporters' Group that instigated the protest as well, then Miller might well have bought us.<br><br>PS I'm not in any way saying this would be his sole reason for not buying us, but it certainly didn't help.<br><br>The point I'm making is, if Kennedy spoke to Miller, and felt he was the right man for the club, then why all the protests against him...............................instigated by the fans' group who were in support of Kennedy? Did he not ask them to support Miller as well? Or was the "support Bill Miller" just a smokescreen for what he really meant, and the protests suited him and the BK's?

But, but, but, but, that would mean that Brian Kennedy doesn't always tell the truth, and that might just blow people's minds, because we must beleive every single word he says.