anyone watching this shite on bbc?!

Revolt

Just watched this .D+P are a disgrace snd must be removed.Apart from that the programme told us nothing new but most importantly didn't hurt us.In one view it actually helps as it shows whatever went on was done secretly + dishonestly with the intention of covering their tracks.Interestingly for those who still support Murray was the fact that he'd put NOTHING in snd taken 6.3 million OUT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the Duff & Phelps stuff.

David Grier was with 'MCR' at the time of CW's takeover.

Duff & Phelps took over MCR, so it was nothing to do with Duff & Phelps, so no conflict of interest.

Did I understand it correctly that David Murray had an EBT value of £6million, Barry Ferguson and Stefan Klos both £2.5million each?

They mentioned that EBT's involved over 100 people to the tune of circa £50million yet between the 3 above nearly 20% has been accounted for? It's a great headline to say players were regularly avoiding paying tax but the reality could be so different if/when it's all broken down.

Well what a fecking mess. I can say one thing, when murray stated he put in over 100 million out his own pocket, I said he was a liar. I have spoken abt murray for well over a decade in the pub and got shot down in flames. Murray had a knack of getting money into the club, joe lewis, dave king to name a couple, but he barely put a penny in. He is a feckingf liar! Chop his arms off and use him for a sandbag!! Useless bastard! My point has always been this as well.... If we are found to have done wrong, can rangers fc not claim the murray group for their legal advice? And where does that leave the murray?? Up the lumb? Na that's what he tried!! Also on the programme they read the emails word for word, except in the takeover where it did not say written regulations but they ust put the word in all of a sudden?? Just seemed strange? I still think we will win tax case but think the hold up is as I have suggested on here, they will have to look into each and every one of these players and staffs accts, with mr olgilvie first!

From what I have seen from this programme ebts are perfectly legal until 2010 . So surely we can only be responsible for ebts from 2010 onwards . Still a very confusing state of affairs with duff and phelps and Whytes counterparts but I believe we will be ok and still good enough to be number 1 in Scotland

Forget the Duff & Phelps stuff.

David Grier was with 'MCR' at the time of CW's takeover.

Duff & Phelps took over MCR, so it was nothing to do with Duff & Phelps, so no conflict of interest.

This.

I don't think anyone would argue that Daly's documentary purports to be a factual account of what took place during the SDM era, the Whtye takeover saga and the D & P administration. There were certainly parts of the programme that tested the bounds of reason, but overall, it was thought provoking and interesting and, for any Rangers fan, extremely worrrying and of considerable concern.

I don't think the programme added anything additonal or revelatory to our knowledge of the EBT issue, although the extent and scope of the 'scheme' is, perhaps, greater than we had heretofore believed. However, for good or ill that matter is the subject of the Big Tax Case, and that decision is still awaited.

Whether the allegations made against D & F, Grier, Withey, and others can be proven, only time - and forceful legal action - will tell, but the programme has raised sufficient serious concern to warrant the removal of Duff & Phelps forthwith - of that there can be no doubt! The conflict of interest is stark and, even if that argument were to fail, the appearance of a conflict is unassailable.

Whether you like Daly's programme or not, it has assisted our understanding of what took place over the Murray years and, indeed, in recent weeks and months. We have been lied to on a mammoth scale and we should not shoot the messenger for bringing us a view that is unpalatable.

We must use Daly's programme to effect the immediate removal of Duff & Phelps and install administrators who are totally impartial and free of any taint, either of Murray or Whyte.

The RFFF in conjunction with new administrators must speedily consider what evidence is available (including the Daly documents if obtainable) and seek to initiate action against those who have betrayed and defrauded or club.

2 highlights in this so called doc they played penny arcade and wee britney spiers admitting the record bigged up craig shyte we should dig into the archieves n say what britney was saying at the time according to her she seen shyte coming apart from that im gutted i missed lewis on itv was a load a shite