Ranger fight SFA in court over ban

Jonok

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post HHB. Concise, factual and to the point. (tu)

Of course, I could be wrong <cr>

It would not be the first time that something which appear logical to me gets debunked. But, in this case, I do think that the SFA have left themselves open to legal challenge by the arbitrary nature of their 'tribunal' and 'appeal' process. My guess is that UEFA/FIFA will do everything they can to stay clear of this situation in the hope that it blows over and that the fiction of football being above the law can be maintained.

fifa threatened the swiss FA with expulsion from Eu competition for failing to act against sion

The SFA has acted against us , and therefore there is no comparison to make.

Fifa wont expel other scottish clubs from competing because we are in dispute with fa, i doubt they will even get involved as its a domestic matter

fifa threatened the swiss FA with expulsion from Eu competition for failing to act against sion

Fifa wont expel other scottish clubs from competing because we are in dispute with fa, i doubt they will even get involved as its a domestic matter

Sion went to a Swiss civil court (Valais) which instructed the Swiss FA to allow the players they had signed to play pending a fuller trial of the facts.

The players themselves also went to court alleging that the transfer ban against Sion was hurting their careers and was also contrary to employment law.

This second point is important as the issue of FIFA/UEFA managing the transfer market has come up before (Bosman?) and will likely come up again. I have read several opinions that suggest that it would not take much for the whole transfer structure to be declared illegal. Indeed, it is a conflict that seems to rumble on because the fundamental right under the laws of the EU to the freedom of movement for workers between countries within the EU and upon which the ECJ based its Bosman decision is at odds with the concept of a transfer window or, in the case of Rangers, a transfer ban.

I know this is my first post and it will lead to the usual suspicions, but, what IF this backfires?

It could lead to the SFA chucking us out completely! No SPL or SFL3!

They've already punished us they can't take it back and issue a new one

They've already punished us they can't take it back and issue a new one

But Uefa and/or FIFA could force them to chuck us out and that scares the Jebus out of me. Uefa and FIFA don't want clubs taking their FA to domestic court and could put a gun to the SFA's head and make them choose, either we get or they do. Then we would be totally screwed.

But Uefa and/or FIFA could force them to chuck us out and that scares the Jebus out of me. Uefa and FIFA don't want clubs taking their FA to domestic court and could put a gun to the SFA's head and make them choose, either we get or they do. Then we would be totally screwed.

To be fair mate if we carry on not fighting things we are fair game to many, and if iffs and butts should stop us we would never do anything. Maybe these actions will force some to buckle up a bit with their actions toward us, as nasty as they seem to be I think these sort of things send that message loud and clear

I'm quoting this post from earlier by a member regarding taking the SFA to court;

Maybe wishful thinking but I reckon the SFA might be happy to lose this case.They can then get out of this ridiculous decision made by the original 3 numpties who apparently shocked everybody with this nonsense without losing face

I know this is my first post and it will lead to the usual suspicions, but, what IF this backfires?

It could lead to the SFA chucking us out completely! No SPL or SFL3!

They cannot now change the punishment in the case in question. And they certainly cannot punish us for going to court.

I am lost here. So if we take the sfa to court, they can throw us out, but that means other teams cannot play in europe? Am I right? <cr>

They can't throw us out of anything. And the other teams will play their euro games.

alasdair lamond

Fifa and Uefa have both told BBC Scotland they're not planning to get involved in Rangers v SFA

uefa/fifa shitting it cos they know they and the sfa are on a loser. :uk:

alasdair lamond

Fifa and Uefa have both told BBC Scotland they're not planning to get involved in Rangers v SFA

uefa/fifa shitting it cos they know they and the sfa are on a loser. :uk:

Good stuff but there's no reason for them to involve themselves :uk: