FIFA say SFA must take action against Rangers

tbblue

Fifa have done nothigng so far, they havent even spoken to the SFA or seem to know the specifics of the case...mare shite from idiots

I think today proved exactly why the SFA didn't contact FIFA which they should have done, someone knows they fucked up... :sherlock:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The sfa have fucked up by handing us an illegal punishment!

So because we have stood up, and won the case we are to be punished further!

FIFA should be looking closely at the sfa and give them a shafting

Bang on mate.

FIFA can't punish us, they can only take action against the SFA it seems.

To be fair, I am not sure we have sought "redress" in a civil court, we are not actually challenging the findings of the panel or challenging the SFA rules, simply stating that the punishments handed out were not within the parameters set out by the SFA. Basically asking the SFA to live by their own rules!

Would be strange to punish Rangers for refusing to accept, what has been proven to be, an illegal punishment. If anything the SFA should be carpeted for failing to enforce their own rules! Dare I say it, as clear a case of bringing the game into disrepute as there can be!

So here's the SFA's options.

1.Rule 66 allows for a maximum fine of £100,000 to be imposed,

2.as well as ejection from the Scottish Cup,

3.a suspension, expulsion from participation in the game and/or termination of SFA membership.

1. possible

2. possible but a no money maker competition for the SFA

3. Bring it on if you dare

^^^^ this

FIFA can't touch us. The SFA could try to charge us under Article 5.1 (Recognise and submit to the jurisdiction of the Court of Arbitration for Sport). Three points on this:

1. As the SFA have no procedures in their rules for a club to actually appeal to CAS, Rangers can hardly be found guilty of breaching 5.1.

2. Even if the SFA could get over this hurdle, the only sanctions available under the JPP are a maximum £10,000 fine (wow) and a one year suspension (never going to happen). These are maximums - the Lower is £500 fine with no suspension, the Mid is £1,000 fine with no suspension, the Top is £5,000 with no suspension.

3. The Judicial Panel would need to be convinced that going to the Court of Session to challenge an illegal sanction was punishable by the maximum sanction. No reasonable person could come to that conclusion and such a perverse decision would itself inevitably be challenged in, and overturned by, the Court of Session.

Bang on mate.

Thats the way I read the rules too, by the looks of it FIFA's response to any such breach would be to impose sanctions on the offending FA including National team and member clubs, looks like those with a deep rooted hatered fot the Gers would see themselves punished to get one over on us. lol, what a backwards bunch!!!

It's not UEFA we should be worrying about.

Sion thought they were above FIFA by taking the civil court route and ended up getting papped out of Europe and a 36 point penalty for their troubles.

Piss these guys off and they can expel the whole of Scottish football into the wilderness.

We should have hired our own lawyer who had half an idea about football legal matters who could have advised these idiots Duff and Duferer what a big risk it was by taking the SFA through a civil court.

Bastards have no clue and due their incompetence, could have made things worse.

FIFA can't touch us. The SFA could try to charge us under Article 5.1 (Recognise and submit to the jurisdiction of the Court of Arbitration for Sport). Three points on this:

1. As the SFA have no procedures in their rules for a club to actually appeal to CAS, Rangers can hardly be found guilty of breaching 5.1.

2. Even if the SFA could get over this hurdle, the only sanctions available under the JPP are a maximum £10,000 fine (wow) and a one year suspension (never going to happen). These are maximums - the Lower is £500 fine with no suspension, the Mid is £1,000 fine with no suspension, the Top is £5,000 with no suspension.

3. The Judicial Panel would need to be convinced that going to the Court of Session to challenge an illegal sanction was punishable by the maximum sanction. No reasonable person could come to that conclusion and such a perverse decision would itself inevitably be challenged in, and overturned by, the Court of Session.

Exactly. (tu)

It's the SFA that need to be concerned and very much so.

Not us.

It's not UEFA we should be worrying about. ..

Piss these guys off and they can expel the whole of Scottish football into the wilderness.

Thought that was the Liewell approved SFAs area of expertise?

Sion thought they were above FIFA by taking the civil court route and ended up getting papped out of Europe and a 36 point penalty for their troubles.

We should have hired our own lawyer who had half an idea about football legal matters who could have advised these idiots Duff and Duferer what a big risk it was by taking the SFA through a civil court.

Interesting you are so well versed on the Sion case, have a vested interest in it?

:shifty:

Part of the problem for Sion was that they went through CAS and lost, so failed to abide by their findings. SFA rules didn't allow us to go to CAS!

There's no comparison at all.

Sion challenged a FIFA ruling that was within FIFA rules.

Rangers challenged an SFA ruling that was not in SFA rules.

Big difference!

Stop scaremongering please.

Bang on mate.

Correct, they can't touch us.

All they an do is threaten the SFA to be excluded from International football if they don't take any action against us, but they can't touch us with a barge pole.

I am confident that the SFA will take the right choice for the good of Scottish football which needs us more than we need it.

Hurting.

This is bollox.

Sion were not punished for taking FIFA/UEFA/Swiss FA to court. They were punished for fielding ineligible players and only after they lost in court and at the CAS.

ps. Scottish football getting punished would, in my view, be acceptable collateral damage.

Correct, they can't touch us.

All they an do is threaten the SFA to be excluded from International football if they don't take any action against us, but they can't touch us with a barge pole.

I am confident that the SFA will take the right choice for the good of Scottish football which needs us more than we need it.

No.

They can strongly advise the SFA to tighten up their rulebook and not allow a similar scenario to happen again.

They can threaten them with action if the SFA don't.

That's about it.

Why the drama?

I'm not usually one to slate peoples post, but by fuck will people ever give the scare mongering a by and just enjoy the fact something has (for a change ) went our way. People talking about sion case. it's a completely different case. The SFA could not impose such a ban, no communication with FIFA what's so ever. From where I sit they will be more embarrassed that a governing body could

Make such a horrendous and embarrassing mess.

The FIFA statement just states they are not happy this went to court, and how they expect it to be removed from the public court and dealt with, within football. I would be very surprised if we received punishment fromr FIFA, after all it has took this to finally catch their eye, and see how much Reagan an his misfits are not capable.

There was nothing on their website about this an hour ago.

Not really the sort of thing likely to appear on the website. Fifa operates something like a tinpot third world country, which perhaps isn't so surprising since Blatter relies on tinpot third world countries to remain in power.

With this outcome a victory for the gers. Im hoping this c.v.a comes off. Alot of chairmen will be gutted and when the votes come for newcos they'll probably choose the maximum punishments in the hope we newco. Maybe there is an agenda with a few of s.f.a board so im expecting some big old statement condemning us and maybe suspend us.

Fair enough, but the headline from the STV site is

"FIFA warn SFA they must take action against Rangers for use of law courts"

So I'm more concerned about the implimications and penalty of a new and more severe offence than a poxy 1 year transfer embargo.

Fair enough, but the headline from the STV site is

"FIFA warn SFA they must take action against Rangers for use of law courts"

So I'm more concerned about the implimications and penalty of a new and more severe offence than a poxy 1 year transfer embargo.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago. :sherlock:

Obviously I wouldn't want the rest of Scottish football to suffer just because of a few people who can't enforce their own rules, but I'm sure that the other teams would agree that in the interest of sporting integrity it is important that this case runs its course.

Clearly it could result in sanctions against Scottish football as a whole, but that's a risk that I, personally, am willing to accept.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago. :sherlock:

Ok I see the collateral damage acceptance.

It is obvious that you are of the opinion that this would be an acceptable outcome.

I'm just not totally sure on what the SFAs reaction is going to be though.

I thought that the Taigs were shafted last year when Sion won the court case, but FIFA then came down like a ton of bricks on the Swiss FA.

So, why do you think FIFA are going to treat Scotland differently from Switzerland and the SFA will refuse to buckle under their threats in this case?