Celtic Tax Case update

Hate to burst your bubble, but all footballers are involved in these schemes and it is a non-story.

The schemes are part of the Enterprise Investment Scheme and a number of funds found innovative ways of getting round them.

Even our players were involed.

Barry Ferguson:

ECLIPSE FILM PARTNERS NO. 9 LLP 4/4/2006

You do know Octopus run a lot of non-film related type schemes like this?

I guarantee you I could find 100 footballers with investments in these. Unfortunately there is nothing in this story and that is why no one will pick up on it.

Just google wayne rooney and film investment and you will see he made investments similar. So has Ferdinand, Keane, Cole. The list is endless.

The point is they are forever claiming the Moral High Ground and this proves they are the same (tax avoidance wise) as anybody else. Double Standard B******S.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just looking up to see if I could find any info on these schemes and I stumbled on the following article that I thought might be of some interest.

Three senior investment bankers are among 16 City workers arrested by tax authorities investigating allegations of fraud involving film financing schemes.

They have been named as Vincent Walsh, a former director of RBS’s UK equities business, Jason Edinburgh, a senior equities trader at RBS, and Michael Elsom, 45, a trader at broking firm Marex Spectron.

HM Revenue & Customs carried out a series of raids on Wednesday following an investigation into allegations of tax fraud linked to film financing.

Film schemes have been the subject of a number of legal challenges but this is one of the few times HMRC has pursued criminal charges in respect of such investments.

It has become common practice for UK taxpayers to invest in a film production and then write down the value to claim tax relief on the loss. But following a change in rules, tax relief on such schemes is now limited to a maximum claim of £25,000 a year unless the investor is “actively involved”, which means the investor spends 10 hours a week working on the film.

The inquiry relates to the personal financial affairs of those involved and is not connected to the institutions they work for. The three men remain on the staff of their employers, but are understood to be on leave. None of the men have been charged with any crime.

Source: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2c4391c2-5987-11e1-abf1-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1wTFfXlpi

It does seem strange that they would do it once and once only :rolleyes:

imho they were warned by one of their high rank political insiders to own up to one and they wont be investigated any further. just my opinion but gordon brown pm at the time and now head of ceptic charity must have known tax man was coming down hard on ebts

imho they were warned by one of their high rank political insiders to own up to one and they wont be investigated any further. just my opinion but gordon brown pm at the time and now head of ceptic charity must have known tax man was coming down hard on ebts

You are probably right,Dr Death would have been tipped the wink,but there is a good chance two contracts would have been used I wonder if the SFA will ask to see the documents

The only problem is the media cannot go out saying Selic used a tax avoidance scheme as Celtic did not setup the companies.

Also whats all this pish with tax avoidance and evasion it's the same thing!

The only problem is the media cannot go out saying Selic used a tax avoidance scheme as Celtic did not setup the companies.

Also whats all this pish with tax avoidance and evasion it's the same thing!

No it's not.

Tax avoidance is illegal.

Tax evasion Is not illegal.

I am not doubting the original OP, but this looks a bit dodgy to me, I will wait to see if Alex Thomson does a blog on this shocking development, if he does it is a bag of shite.

:shifty:

Perhaps he's agreed to leave it all to Mark Daly, who must surely be working on his next docco.

Former Deputy Governor of the Bank of England and former chairman of c*#tic (2000-07) Brian Qiinn was tipped off in 2005 about Hmrc investigations into Ebt's , he allegedly cut a deal back then with Hmrc , The Ebt's began and ended under Mr. Quinns reign . A good journalist must interview him to uncover the full story.

As said on another site, even if celtic fixed thier ebt scandal, the way spl are looking at this double contract crap, is celtic are also guilty if we are, as they issued ebt the very same as us even if it's just 1 player, he also must have had 2 contracts if that's what they decide.Do the same rules not apply to all clubs?

Someone has to push this info the right direction and in the correct manner

I'm so sick of the manky bastards making out they are whiter than white

When we all know they slippery cunts

Definitely, they are well known as Scotland's Shame in England and for reasons more than just this - I predict Rangers will come out of this mess very soon and we bigger, better and stronger - whilst Celtic will become weaker. Let them enjoy their cheap chuckle now, cos it will soon be us laughing. Whiter than white, pah they wish.

Cannot wait for the scum to be in the media dog house - we all know they have skeletons in their closet.

As said on another site, even if celtic fixed thier ebt scandal, the way spl are looking at this double contract crap, is celtic are also guilty if we are, as they issued ebt the very same as us even if it's just 1 player, he also must have had 2 contracts if that's what they decide.Do the same rules not apply to all clubs?

Fuckin right.

If they are proposing making every game a 3-0 loss that an EBT player played in and the subsequent stripping of titles, the same rules have to apply to Celtic.

I expect no less from the SPL enquiry, as they asked fr the documents from every club, not just us.