What happens if the SFL reject an application

Dennis

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Were no wanted up here anymore and I don't want us to be here I say we apply for England if there was ever a time to do it this is it.

I've said that for ages.

England would provide us with the platform to make the next step up.

There was an issue before about Scottish Teams not playing in England, however theres nothing to stop us buying a wee diddy English team and then changing the name.

We'd probably have to play all our games in England, but it would be better than staying in Scotland where we are obviously not welcome.

Did the SFL chief exec or someone similar not come out and say they would welcome an application? I'm not sure if they even ask the club's to vote, is it not just the board? The SPL board bottled the responsibilty and passed it on to the Club's a few month ago..

Jim Ballantyne is the man to whom you refer and he is no enemy of Rangers from what I understand.

I dont want to rock the boat, but they have no reason to let us straight in. Theres other teams ahead of us in the queue.

What nonsense. I don't know how they will vote but to suggest there is no reason to accept us is rubbish.

Rubbish that I do not believe comes from a Rangers fan....

What nonsense. I don't know how they will vote but to suggest there is no reason to accept us is rubbish.

Rubbish that I do not believe comes from a Rangers fan....

No it's from the Chief exec of the SFL.

“If Rangers or anyone else applied for entry into the SFL they would have to go through the same process as Annan, Spartans FC, Preston Athletic and Cove Rangers did four years ago.

“They would have to put a proposal to us on why they should be allowed in and then hope they were voted in by the SFL clubs.

“At the moment it’s difficult for me to comment on Rangers’ situation. But anything that brought excitement and freshness to the SFL would be something I’m interested in.

“It would be the same process, given any set of circumstances. When Annan were welcomed in the process took a couple of months during the close season. In the past we’ve had to assess the likes of Annan, Cove and Preston on the basis of ground criteria, facilities and financial stability.

“So checks have to be done, which would obviously be a bit different if Rangers were involved.

“However, at the moment there is no vacancy in the SFL.

No it's from the Chief exec of the SFL.

“If Rangers or anyone else applied for entry into the SFL they would have to go through the same process as Annan, Spartans FC, Preston Athletic and Cove Rangers did four years ago.

“They would have to put a proposal to us on why they should be allowed in and then hope they were voted in by the SFL clubs.

“At the moment it’s difficult for me to comment on Rangers’ situation. But anything that brought excitement and freshness to the SFL would be something I’m interested in.

“It would be the same process, given any set of circumstances. When Annan were welcomed in the process took a couple of months during the close season. In the past we’ve had to assess the likes of Annan, Cove and Preston on the basis of ground criteria, facilities and financial stability.

“So checks have to be done, which would obviously be a bit different if Rangers were involved.

“However, at the moment there is no vacancy in the SFL.

For some reason you quoted me in this post.

Do you realise it is customary to do that when you are replying to the post in question?

As opposed to an uninteresting quote from some football bureaucrat.

For some reason you quoted me in this post.

Do you realise it is customary to do that when you are replying to the post in question?

As opposed to an uninteresting quote from some football bureaucrat.

It was in reply to your post, so we will just leave it at that, and if I ever need lessons from you about customs I will ask, once hell thaws out.

It was in reply to your post, so we will just leave it at that, and if I ever need lessons from you about customs I will ask, once hell thaws out.

It was not a reply to my post, it was a vaguely related comment from some uninteresting nobody. It did not address the point I made.

I am used to people in need of advice ignoring it, don't let it bother you, I'm not offended if somebody chooses to look foolish.

join forces with linfield? think of the interest it would generate in ulster and around the world with scottish and norn ireland ex pats.. we could have a route in to europe every year and build a strong champ league team

Well they certainly found room for Livingston and Gretna to drop down....so I'm guessing that we'd be accomodated. No offense to Spartans or Annan etc.

Yes, the space comes from an SFL team being promoted to the SPL, or from Dunfermline not being relegated. Rangers would apply to join. Some other teams would apply to join. The SFL decides which team is the best out of the applicants. I can see no reason why that wouldn't be Rangers.