Rangers, scapegoat?

corkinator

Just thinking with the diatribe an hatred flowing freely towards our club in recent years, and just escalating out of control in the last few months, it strikes me that NO OTHER section of society would have been made to suffer the way the club an its fans have.

I'm all for a bit of crack and a certain amount of hatred for the club but what we have went through has been truly appalling at time and most of it if not all has been unwarranted.

However I digress and I point is this, are we looking at a starting point for a kind of "ethnic cleansing" in scotland?

Many people I know outside of scotland have said it seems as if they get rid of one side of the old firm, us, then sectarianism in this country would disappear <cr> . I believe apartheid schooling is to blame and always has been.

We have Salmond looking to break from the uk as well as other little bits and bobs happening in Glasgow especially, the east end regeneration and the virtual slum conditions of the Goan area and south side with rail links being denied after promises' were made.

I am a confirmed atheist but I do see sinister connotations in what's been happening with Rangers as a club in recent years. There is something inherently sinister about one section of society wanting the other sections demise and dare I say death.

Thanks.

If it was black and white schools, there would be baying groups outside the council wanting them shut down. But bc its "trendy" to be a RC they get away with it. Look around most of the schools in glasgow. Most RC schools have been done up, while non demonitional schools lie in ruin. Says it all.. But what we should be doing is organising ourselves for salmonds blitzkreig, . We can't take this shit lying down, and need to be ready to fight back. The way to do it, get out voting, set up local groups to show our disgust, demonstarations on a. Weekly basis outside george square, leaflets, write/speak to local elected members etc.

They will tell you, they have separated schools in england,.. Yeah they may well do and they will say they don't have these ongoing "issues". Well I am sorry. Somewhere on the south east coast bears no relation to what happens in the west of scotland and northern ireland. So let's get out there and telll themm.. We don't do walking away!! Fuck alex salmond, nicola sturgeon and the rest of the SS army. f

If it was black and white schools, there would be baying groups outside the council wanting them shut down. But bc its "trendy" to be a RC they get away with it. Look around most of the schools in glasgow. Most RC schools have been done up, while non demonitional schools lie in ruin. Says it all.. But what we should be doing is organising ourselves for salmonds blitzkreig, . We can't take this shit lying down, and need to be ready to fight back. The way to do it, get out voting, set up local groups to show our disgust, demonstarations on a. Weekly basis outside george square, leaflets, write/speak to local elected members etc.

They will tell you, they have separated schools in england,.. Yeah they may well do and they will say they don't have these ongoing "issues". Well I am sorry. Somewhere on the south east coast bears no relation to what happens in the west of scotland and northern ireland. So let's get out there and telll themm.. We don't do walking away!! Fuck alex salmond, nicola sturgeon and the rest of the SS army. f

Great post, they do have rc schools in England but not at the percentage we have in scotland. I lived in a town with rc schools and it was probably 6-1 non denom, to rc. And there is indeed bother, usually every Friday, fights and what not. So the argument they throw about doe not wash.

Just thinking with the diatribe an hatred flowing freely towards our club in recent years, and just escalating out of control in the last few months, it strikes me that NO OTHER section of society would have been made to suffer the way the club an its fans have.

I'm all for a bit of crack and a certain amount of hatred for the club but what we have went through has been truly appalling at time and most of it if not all has been unwarranted.

However I digress and I point is this, are we looking at a starting point for a kind of "ethnic cleansing" in scotland?

Many people I know outside of scotland have said it seems as if they get rid of one side of the old firm, us, then sectarianism in this country would disappear <cr> . I believe apartheid schooling is to blame and always has been.

We have Salmond looking to break from the uk as well as other little bits and bobs happening in Glasgow especially, the east end regeneration and the virtual slum conditions of the Goan area and south side with rail links being denied after promises' were made.

I am a confirmed atheist but I do see sinister connotations in what's been happening with Rangers as a club in recent years. There is something inherently sinister about one section of society wanting the other sections demise and dare I say death.

Thanks.

put it this way, could you see the same level of bile and hatred was thrown at the tarriers? no, because they are a 'minority group'. its utter BS.

put it this way, could you see the same level of bile and hatred was thrown at the tarriers? no, because they are a 'minority group'. its utter BS.

As you use a derogatory word to describe them whilst making the point? Jesus, people really are blinded in this part of the world.

It wouldn't happen as the media is now run by them for them. I really fear for scotland in the next 20 years or so. :disappointment:

As you use a derogatory word to describe them whilst making the point? Jesus, people really are blinded in this part of the world.

Still a valid point though, some people put things across differently to yourself mate.

While I sincerely believe that the attitude and actions directed towards Rangers by Scottish society in recent years is very much a programme of scapegoating for Scottish society's own ugly history, I do not believe hyperbolic language like "ethnic cleansing" and "apartheid schooling" is helpful, or accurate, at all.

not really sure i follow you - i'm on a site for Rangers fans that has no impact on fans outside of us.

also, i live in Canada

We took our eye off the ball. Our apathy or laziness has created a situation where rc's have crept into all corridors of power. Media politics etc. The problem is that WE, the majority, have voted these councillors into power, only for them to try and shaft us. Especially the prodominantly catholic, scottish lhabour party. I've asked this question a 100 times, how does a 17% minority hold so much power over the majority in this country?

While I sincerely believe that the attitude and actions directed towards Rangers by Scottish society in recent years is very much a programme of scapegoating for Scottish society's own ugly history, I do not believe hyperbolic language like "ethnic cleansing" and "apartheid schooling" is helpful, or accurate, at all.

Fair point, I did sensationalise a bit with "ethnic cleansing" but I stand by apartheid schooling as that is EXACTLY what it is.

Fair point, I did sensationalise a bit with "ethnic cleansing" but I stand by apartheid schooling as that is EXACTLY what it is.

No it isn't. It isn't exactly what it is and it isn't even kind of what it is. There is no legal policy of segregation and no punishment for breaching it. It is entirely the choice of the parents.

The taig schools down south are not state funded!! Simple principle, the government cannot and shuld not subscribe to what is socially and morally devisive. Only in Scotland. Give these taig vermin an inch they will and have taken the mile!

They may well try to hide behind their rivalry with us on the football front, but it doesn't take a blind man to see what they are all about!

They have a hunger strike march tomorrow for their dear murderin terrorist bastard boaby s and his murderin cohorts. No doubt ski masked up with terrorist manners just to try and intimidate the free thinking population of Glasgow and of course no action taken against them!

If we had a similar march for the innocent population of the ''Union'' who were murdered at the hands of these filth, firstly we probably wouldn't get the licence, but in the unlikely event that we did, flew the Ulster banner along with the other UK flags, we would probably be arrested and if we were to wear ski masks, we would also be arrested, immediately after we were beaten to death by plhod! The mhedia would consider it all very sectarian, whilst theirs would be reported as a solemn occasion!!

I didn't hate them before our problems, but I certainly do now. Sectarian paedophile idolitry worshippin vhermin!

Only in Scotland!!

Rant over!

No it isn't. It isn't exactly what it is and it isn't even kind of what it is. There is no legal policy of segregation and no punishment for breaching it. It is entirely the choice of the parents.

Stop splitting hairs you know EXACTLY what I meant. Hence the reason you are so touchy.

You are 100% right,when the blacks were segregated from the whites in South Africa the world was outraged by the apartheid system ,so why should it be called anything else in Scotland when the Catholics are separately schooled from the rest of the population

Stop splitting hairs you know EXACTLY what I meant. Hence the reason you are so touchy.

:lol: Touchy?

I do know what you meant. I already said that, and that I agree with the sentiment. What I don't agree with is not saying what we mean appropriately. Splitting hairs is perfectly valid. Apartheid has a specific meaning and specific connotations, and if you want people to discuss the problem of religiously segregated schooling seriously, you would do well not to use loaded terms like "apartheid".

We are witnessing the Descrimination of Rangers and, in turn, Descrimination of us as both British and Protestant, beacause we have been been silent and have allowed others with their own agenda to demonise us. We are becoming outcasts in our own country.

We live in a country where Educational Apartheid is an accepted way of life and the weird thing is that if you question this you run the danger of being called a bigot.

FFS when are we going to wake up to this inequity and stop appeasing the minority view, which thinks it is ok to seperate weans at the age of 4 and 5 and in turn condemn them to a lifetime of segregation , instead of supporting integration ,which will produce a more balanced and tolerant Scotland

Out of all the organisations in the world who you would want involved in a childs eduction , the Roman Catholic Church would be the absolute last.

Why would any parent want a Preist anywhere near their weans?

You are 100% right,when the blacks were segregated from the whites in South Africa the world was outraged by the apartheid system ,so why should it be called anything else in Scotland when the Catholics are separately schooled from the rest of the population

I disagree with the idea of faith schools no matter what religon, if we want a multicultural Britain then all schools should be based on teaching kids the facts and any religous or cultural extras should be delt with by churches, mosques, sinagogs or whatever.

The taig schools down south are not state funded!! Simple principle, the government cannot and shuld not subscribe to what is socially and morally devisive. Only in Scotland. Give these taig vermin an inch they will and have taken the mile!

They may well try to hide behind their rivalry with us on the football front, but it doesn't take a blind man to see what they are all about!

They have a hunger strike march tomorrow for their dear murderin terrorist bastard boaby s and his murderin cohorts. No doubt ski masked up with terrorist manners just to try and intimidate the free thinking population of Glasgow and of course no action taken against them!

If we had a similar march for the innocent population of the ''Union'' who were murdered at the hands of these filth, firstly we probably wouldn't get the licence, but in the unlikely event that we did, flew the Ulster banner along with the other UK flags, we would probably be arrested and if we were to wear ski masks, we would also be arrested, immediately after we were beaten to death by plhod! The mhedia would consider it all very sectarian, whilst theirs would be reported as a solemn occasion!!

I didn't hate them before our problems, but I certainly do now. Sectarian paedophile idolitry worshippin vhermin!

Only in Scotland!!

Rant over!

Where is their march? To the green or royston?? If its good enough for them to wear skimasks, maybe some on this side of the fence will do likewise and show the bhastards!m or infiltrate them and them at quarter past the hour just go fucking mental and start dragging the murdering sympathising chunts about the streets of glasgow!! Scum scum scum!

:lol: Touchy?

I do know what you meant. I already said that, and that I agree with the sentiment. What I don't agree with is not saying what we mean appropriately. Splitting hairs is perfectly valid. Apartheid has a specific meaning and specific connotations, and if you want people to discuss the problem of religiously segregated schooling seriously, you would do well not to use loaded terms like "apartheid".

It's an unwritten rule in scotland, your brought up in the catholic religion you attend a catholic school, 99+% of the time. I actually said to my mates missus about a school closer to her that her young boy could attend as its closer to her home and she said,"I canny send him there that's a Protestant school". It wasn't it was non dom, but this is what your up against. Especially the area I live in they are totally brainwashed by the god/ jesus LIE.

If you want religion teach them separately I find it astonishing that parents put up with their children being taught fairy stories when they should be getting educated. No order we have some of the highest illiteracy statistics in the western world.

Where is their march? To the green or royston?? If its good enough for them to wear skimasks, maybe some on this side of the fence will do likewise and show the bhastards!m or infiltrate them and them at quarter past the hour just go fucking mental and start dragging the murdering sympathising chunts about the streets of glasgow!! Scum scum scum!

Royston to the green. Don't know the time.

They had a similar march last year for some other terrorist minded shite and wore ski masks without any challenge from pc plhod!

FFS, if we wore ski masks at an orange rally (not that we would as it's not we are about) there would be fuckin hell on and you can imagine the mhedia feedin frenzie. Makin sure they showed all the followers warin Rangers FC tops of course!!!

It's an unwritten rule in scotland, your brought up in the catholic religion you attend a catholic school, 99+% of the time. I actually said to my mates missus about a school closer to her that her young boy could attend as its closer to her home and she said,"I canny send him there that's a Protestant school". It wasn't it was non dom, but this is what your up against. Especially the area I live in they are totally brainwashed by the god/ jesus LIE.

If you want religion teach them separately I find it astonishing that parents put up with their children being taught fairy stories when they should be getting educated. No order we have some of the highest illiteracy statistics in the western world.

I am well aware of that. The reason it isn't apartheid is that every child is free not to if they (or rather their parents) choose not to opt into this voluntary kind of segregation. A nominally Catholic child may go to a non-denominational school, a nominally Protestant child may go to a Catholic school. There is no legal compulsion to discriminate and no punishment for breaching what you yourself describe as an "unwritten rule".

It's a very real, very serious cultural issue that requires examination and discussion, what it doesn't need is overly emotive sloganeering. When a non-Catholic rants about "apartheid schooling" in Glasgow, he will be readily dismissed by many as a bigot. That is not helpful. But he brings it on himself by not knowing what he's talking about.