ResidentEvil 6

Mor3los_1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a blast of the demo last night, it's looking good to me so far. Love the beginning of Leon's bit. I see it's still got the overdramatic acting in it which is good cause it wouldn't be Resi without being cheesy as fuck.

Massive Resi fan, my favourite games genre.

However I'm not a fan of the gameplay on this one, as said above seems more of an all shooter.

Resi is going away from what made it superb. The mystery, zombies and problem solving. Understand games advance but this is going way off sync, the zombies carrying weapons is something I really dislike.

Enjoyed Resident Evil 5 as it still had a mystery about it, with the shooting aspect not that much away from the old games, but this one has went well off angle. Might grow on me as I wasn't massively excited when I first played five and get right into it eventually.

Was looking massively forward to 6, heard it was going back to its routes, whilst the trailer's looked epic. But so far not been impressed.

Nothing will come close to the original though.

I don't know whether I agree or disagree with you here. I was really looking forward to a return to the series roots, as they did with Resi Revelations on the 3DS.

I love the original 2 Resident Evils. The atmosphere is perfect in both of them. Creepy, jumpy and a wee bit scary. You didn't need loads of fast moving zombies to get the feel of them. A shuffling cadaver was enough in most cases, especially if you were low on ammo and they were getting closer and closer.

Games have moved with the times though. In speeding up the player characters and giving them less restricted movement the developers have had to change the enemies so that you're not running rings around them. Can you imagine having to use the old tank controls these days? The games wouldn't sell at all and would be seen as archaic.

In these days of kids claiming to be hardcore gamers cause they'll only play violent shooters Capcom have had to move with the times and make Resi more like Gears of War rather than stay true to the minimal enemy, atmospheric games they used to make. The old style games wouldn't sell.

I wish they would keep it creepy and atmospheric though, I just don't think we'll see a game like the first 2 again though.

just cant get into the resi series now that they have moved on from their roots, the old low ammo, puzzle solving was a bit monotonous, but overall a thoroughly enjoyable game, resi 2 was simply genius and only matched perhaps with code veronic x

now we have running weapon carrying monsters, and thats a massive issue as the series was built on zombies and not monsters, where are all the mutated citizens that shuffle slowly and hide around corners

i know they have to move with the times, but perhaps resi simply needs to be consigned to the history books, release games like this if they want, just dont class them as resident evil imo

So what's the verdict on it so far then mate?Did well gettin it that early agree ShopTo are the best for this :praise:

I'm around 6 hours through Leon's campaign. Controlls are very fiddly to start with, had no idea what i was doing and was dying a fair bit. Overall i am really enjoying it although my one peeve is if you complete a chapter with no ammo left you start the next chapter with no ammo and if you have to beat a mini boss you will die straight away, has happened to me alot. Also being too late to react to the button mini game fights (like the cutscene battles in Resi 4 where you had to press button combos when they apppeared on screen). Haven't touched the other campaigns yet but they do interlink with each though as i've met the other people from the 2 other storylines in Leon's. You also have the option of either doing a campaign offline with the other character being controlled by the computer or via the PS Network and have a random person or friend help you play the game. Since i have the game earlier there was no point in me searching online.

I'm around 6 hours through Leon's campaign. Controlls are very fiddly to start with, had no idea what i was doing and was dying a fair bit. Overall i am really enjoying it although my one peeve is if you complete a chapter with no ammo left you start the next chapter with no ammo and if you have to beat a mini boss you will die straight away, has happened to me alot. Also being too late to react to the button mini game fights (like the cutscene battles in Resi 4 where you had to press button combos when they apppeared on screen). Haven't touched the other campaigns yet but they do interlink with each though as i've met the other people from the 2 other storylines in Leon's. You also have the option of either doing a campaign offline with the other character being controlled by the computer or via the PS Network and have a random person or friend help you play the game. Since i have the game earlier there was no point in me searching online.

Cheers for getting back mate looking forward to it although by the sounds of the low ammo Im gonna be tearing my hair out ,Knife at the ready it is then :lol:

Cheers for getting back mate looking forward to it although by the sounds of the low ammo Im gonna be tearing my hair out ,Knife at the ready it is then :lol:

I killed most of my enemies with melee combos. Just completed Leon on Normal, the boss is a cunt, that is all. Also died 5 times on one of the cutscene combos as i didn't know what to do, shite. Then wasted 10 minutes failing to climb a rope.