QPR confirm Joey Barton has been fined six weeks’ wages & no longer club captain

As I understand it they wanted to release him but he made it clear he wanted his contact paid in full if that was to happen & that would be about £11m , as for his fine his end of season bonus was over £800k so he won't be starving.

They should sell / release him

He's on massive wages which other clubs would struggle to meet given his ban & history . I'm told QPR looked into sacking him but it was deemed the behaviour wasn't considered gross misconduct so releasing him on a free was discussed but he told the club he'd demand his contract be paid off which would cost up and about £11m apparently. Barton has effectively got them by the bollocks

I would definitely describe his conduct as 'gross'. and that'd be putting it lightly. Definitely not Captain material, he shouldn't have been given the armband in the first place.

See him and some of the other QPR guys around as I live in Shepherds Bush-he is oddly both popular and unpopular due to this. One thing I will say is the Chairman is a very popular guy-regularly goes in the QPR pubs and has a beer and fair play to him and he listens to what the regular guy may say in a pub. Imagine we had a person who took any notice of what we think.........