Email sent to the SPL

SWFC1982

This is a copy of the email I sent to the SPL. Don't want you to think the entire football world is against you. I know it wont achieve a lot but I thought it was worth sharing with you all.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to express my disgust at the way not only that Glasgow Rangers have been treated, but also the way that the Scottish Football League clubs are being blackmailed by the SPL to allow Rangers into Division 1. Threatening a breakaway SPL 2 just to make sure that the SPL get their way is morally wrong. The only reason the SPL want Rangers in Division 1 is to ensure that Rangers get promoted next season, so that SKY don't withdraw their support for the SPL. For an organisation such as the SPL to threaten such a manoeuver, makes a complete mockery of the "sporting integrity" that the SPL has been preaching in relates to the punishments handed out so far to Rangers, and also the likely punishments that follow. If any one has been acting against sporting integrity in this matter, then that has to fall at the door of the SPL.

Just to clarify, I am not a Glasgow Rangers fan, I am a loyal supporter of Sheffield Wednesday, but feel that the Scottish Football League clubs should be able to vote the way that they see morally fit and not be blackmailed by the SPL.

Yours Sincerely,

SWFC1982

Always hasd a soft spot for Rangers, and hope everything turns out well in the end.

A lot on here don't want any favors just fairness. I agree totally about the lack of Sporting Integrity,they want to punish us but they also want the money we generate. Sporting integrity just a pish buzzword just now and means fuck all really.

I know how it feels going through hard times at a football club, and everyone kicks you while you are down. Thats why I thought I would show a little bit of support. I know it wont do a lot, but I suppose its better than nothing.

This is a copy of the email I sent to the SPL. Don't want you to think the entire football world is against you. I know it wont achieve a lot but I thought it was worth sharing with you all.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to express my disgust at the way not only that Glasgow Rangers have been treated, but also the way that the Scottish Football League clubs are being blackmailed by the SPL to allow Rangers into Division 1. Threatening a breakaway SPL 2 just to make sure that the SPL get their way is morally wrong. The only reason the SPL want Rangers in Division 1 is to ensure that Rangers get promoted next season, so that SKY don't withdraw their support for the SPL. For an organisation such as the SPL to threaten such a manoeuver, makes a complete mockery of the "sporting integrity" that the SPL has been preaching in relates to the punishments handed out so far to Rangers, and also the likely punishments that follow. If any one has been acting against sporting integrity in this matter, then that has to fall at the door of the SPL.

Just to clarify, I am not a Glasgow Rangers fan, I am a loyal supporter of Sheffield Wednesday, but feel that the Scottish Football League clubs should be able to vote the way that they see morally fit and not be blackmailed by the SPL.

Yours Sincerely,

SWFC1982

Always hasd a soft spot for Rangers, and hope everything turns out well in the end.

As a 13 yr old i recall my game with my juvenile team ahd finished and a few of us gathered outside a tv shop in PRW and watched your final against Everton in 66. I am sure this was the first final shown live in colour and even you happened to lose that game , took an interest in The Owls and kept in touch with Chris Woods when he signed for you.

Hopefully we will be back in Premiership before too long... United can rot haha

Love to see Wednesday back at the top. Always like the club and a true sleeping giant of the game south of the border.

And an illustration to our support that dropping down leagues is far from the end - perseverance pays!

Good luck to your club next season - hope it goes well for you.

the hardcore support has stuck with the club even through it's really bad times. Must admit this season just gone has been one if not the favourtie of mine. Beating United to promotion on the last day of the season in front of 4 full sides of Wednesdayites is something I will never forget. So even if it is Division 3 for you, its not the end, just a new beginning.

As a fan of Def Leppard I know that they are Wednesday fans. In fact I think "Bringing On The Heartache" was written about your club.

Good luck mate I've been in Newcastle recently and the Geordies are backing us and would love to see us in the Premier League. They are not in favour of "the Irish Club who play in Scotland" not the many I've spoken to anyway.

I know how it feels going through hard times at a football club, and everyone kicks you while you are down. Thats why I thought I would show a little bit of support. I know it wont do a lot, but I suppose its better than nothing.

Much appreciated mate (tu) nice to hear support from other supporters, good luck to the Wednesday next season.