Audi withdraw sponsorship/cars

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

Kill the witch - bring back Bombardier Brown to lead us the promised land of milk and honey......and backers wearing Selik strips. :anguish:

Be reasonable, CB, he's already got a football agent and a brickie fae Fife backing him.

I agree.

Kill the witch - bring back Bombardier Brown to lead us the promised land of milk and honey......and backers wearing Selik strips. :anguish:

You both have to stop saying stuff like this, there are people out there who will think you are being serious. Bombers joke interest should be treated as such, properly. (tu)

"And now the players face having to buy their own motors at a time when their wages could be slashed further."

Some of the players might only be on £250,000 a year for a while now. And with a decent motor costing as much as £30,000 I think we should be told just how they will manage to make ends meet.

Poverty kills.

House prices have dropped too so when some of the players jump ship and sell the houses. They may make a loss :anguish:

Some of these guys wouldn't know the first thing about car financing - they've been handed stuff they never had to pay for and now the real world has come knocking at their doors.

Why would anyone be concerend about that?

We need a league to play in and money coming into the club through the turnstyles before we, as a club, can consider ourselves large enough to attract car sponsors again.

We'll probably also need the hire a First Bus to ferry the players back and forward to away games as well - I can't see the present bus provider continuing with this one - can any of you? :sherlock:

Some of these guys wouldn't know the first thing about car financing - they've been handed stuff they never had to pay for and now the real world has come knocking at their doors.

Why would anyone be concerend about that?

We need a league to play in and money coming into the club through the turnstyles before we, as a club, can consider ourselves large enough to attract car sponsors again.

We'll probably also need the hire a First Bus to ferry the players back and forward to away games as well - I can't see the present bus provider continuing with this one - can any of you? :sherlock:

Well we now know he doesn't care a jot about us. (tu)

Having read through all that shite please note that there is only ONE quote from Lomond Audi " Last night a spokesman for Lomond Audi said: "The contract expires on Saturday and has not been renewed." and it was slipped in at the end of the article.

All this "a source said" and "an insider revealed" pish is complete and utter made up crap.

People need to read between the lines.

A contract has expired and they have decided not to renew it - there could be hundreds of reasons for that.

Having read through all that shite please note that there is only ONE quote from Lomond Audi " Last night a spokesman for Lomond Audi said: "The contract expires on Saturday and has not been renewed." and it was slipped in at the end of the article.

All this "a source said" and "an insider revealed" pish is complete and utter made up crap.

People need to read between the lines.

A contract has expired and they have decided not to renew it - there could be hundreds of reasons for that.

Name one.

There will be new sponsors soon enough,no advertiser will ignore the advertising potential when we're back playing, Audi aren't the only cunts with cars. :tank:

And the players aren't the only cunts without cars. :angry:

I don't wish to recall the heady days of jackets for goalposts, etc, but non-Glasgow-based guys like Millar, Brand, Baxter, Greig etc, all travelled to and from their home towns by train or bus into Glasgow every fucking day for training at the Albion and then repeated that journey on the way home.

Others who lived in Glasgow took the bus or subway - some (wee Doddie) walked.

My heart doesn't bleed for those not getting a sponsored car.

Maybe it will bring the reality of the rest of us home to some of them.

People aren't buying Audis in the current double dip recession we are experiencing

The sposorship deal was a rolling deal, they still sponsor selik it was a joint sponsorship deal between audi The Rangers and selik, they have no plans to recall the selik sponsorship.

Audi is a pacesetter of advanced technology which is why Audi adopts a positive commitment to sponsorship. And The Lomond Audi Group shares that commitment. We are the official car sponsors of Celtic and Rangers and each club’s players, management team and back room personnel drive Audi.

Do you think Green spoke to them about it or tried to convince them to stay?

Why would Audi want to sponsor a third division team and possibly giving players cars worth more than they might soon be making a year?

I work in the Motor Trade and at the moment a lot of dealerships, large car groups and manafacturers are cutting costs

our present situation is an easy out road for Lomond Audi.Once this is all done and dusted the reduced exposure through

drop in advertising will see them pull the deal on the Earls very shortly as well.

P.S Car sponsorship is the least of our worries.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. The deal with Lomond wasn't a particularly good one anyway. The players didn't get the cars for free... they still made substantial payments on them. A lot of the top earners didn't even take the Audi deal.. they went through companies like Sportsman Autosource for their motors.