The political dimension

I now live in England and the media coverage of the Rangers case is somewhat sketchy. Only now that we have been turned down by SPL is it more newsworthy. I see that Westminster Culture, Media and Sport committee are to investigate the state of Scottish Football. What has Holyrood been up to throughout this?

I know that Salmond spoke on it early on, only to get slapped down by Celtic. Has he said anything since?

Has the Minister for Sport, Shona Robison said anything?

Has Sturgeon commented on the effect on her Govan constituents?

Have there been any questions asked at Holyrood?

I'm sure that had the same thing happened to a big English Club, the EPL and FA would be called to account by Westminster.

If the biggest club in Scotland can be treated this way and the football authorites talk of social breakdown and the government dont intervene, what hope is there? Seems to be no leadership. I pity you shopuld the referendum go the wrong way and these people are running everything.

What you have to factor in is that we have a lot of republicans here. The Scottish dimension is the SNP and of course the Irish ones have hijacked the Labour Party - so political support is non existant

But I thought Salmond had embraced the Queen (so to speak).

What you have to factor in is that we have a lot of republicans here. The Scottish dimension is the SNP and of course the Irish ones have hijacked the Labour Party - so political support is non existant

I guess it isn't so much that the Irish ones have hijacked the Labour Party. It has always been that way. Unionists traditionally voted for the Scottish Unionist Party, now part of the Tories. They were pretty much wiped out in Scotland from 1983 onwards after Thatcher came to power in 1979. Labour's sister party in Northern Ireland is the SDLP who are the "moderate" republicans.

Salmond is a disgrace all this bollox of wanting what's best for Scotland, let HMRC (London centric)shit from a great height all over Rangers, has continued to hide away, how many thousands of "True", "Honest" and "Hard Working" Rangers supporters lifes will his ignorance effect 10's maybe 100's of thousands. Ironic how's he's always at the cup finals though.

I hope he and his sports minister foxtrot oscar, I have lost all respect for the attention seeking Whitehall puppet.