Is this the end of scottish football

Someone explain to me why Ally and what would seem the majority of our fans are happy to be starting next season in Div.3. ?

We are all saying that most top clubs will go to the wall if we are out of the top flight therefore the lack of sponsorship and “the sky deal” will starve needed money into these clubs.

What will be there ( premier league) after 3 years and surely if there is only 4/5 clubs still existing in the same capacity then the standard of football will be substandard and not worth watching.

Why do some ppl keep going on about lower English leagues when in reality our fans/clubs are not welcome in the English leagues. It won’t ever happen and we need to accept this.

If there is no money in Scottish football in three years then there will not be any money for any future years so the probability is it will die very slowly.

Reading this, and of course you will have your own opinions then why are we happy to go into the bottom tier of Scottish football.

No sensible investor will touch us and the future of clubs like ours will not be able to cope with the running costs a club our size has.

So let me try to understand our stance here..we`re happy to go into a Division that will not only kill most of Scottish football but will ultimately kill our club hmmmm.

Am I worrying too much or am I just being too pessimistic ....OR am I a realist and this is the beginning of the end...time will only tell.

:(:(

Someone explain to me why Ally and what would seem the majority of our fans are happy to be starting next season in Div.3. ?

We are all saying that most top clubs will go to the wall if we are out of the top flight therefore the lack of sponsorship and “the sky deal” will starve needed money into these clubs.

What will be there ( premier league) after 3 years and surely if there is only 4/5 clubs still existing in the same capacity then the standard of football will be substandard and not worth watching.

Why do some ppl keep going on about lower English leagues when in reality our fans/clubs are not welcome in the English leagues. It won’t ever happen and we need to accept this.

If there is no money in Scottish football in three years then there will not be any money for any future years so the probability is it will die very slowly.

Reading this, and of course you will have your own opinions then why are we happy to go into the bottom tier of Scottish football.

No sensible investor will touch us and the future of clubs like ours will not be able to cope with the running costs a club our size has.

So let me try to understand our stance here..we`re happy to go into a Division that will not only kill most of Scottish football but will ultimately kill our club hmmmm.

Am I worrying too much or am I just being too pessimistic ....OR am I a realist and this is the beginning of the end...time will only tell.

:( :(

Rangers 1st Scottish football 2nd is the way i look at it, just like the SPL chairmen also seemed to look at it that way.

I'm not happy about us playing in any division other than the top league in Scotland, but looking at the options we had as a club that's been battered from pillar to post by any diddy club with a fan base of over 200,then Div. three was the only one that made sense to us considering our playing staff (or what's left of it) AND any other division is playing right into the hands of these greedy cunts from the SPL/ Div.1 who want to see us die a horrible death,yet want to make their survival depend on Rangers money coming back to their poxy clubs.

Is it the end of Scottish football? At this point in time, if it's the beginning of the end of the corrupt SFA/SPL I will be fucking doing cartwheels when it happens :beer1::pipe:

as someone already said, its rangers first scottish football second.

rangers would be able to continue without scottish football, but scottish football cannot continue without rangers.

you're right the spl (or whatever it will be called in a few years) will be a disgrace of a league, with (imo) 3 teams at the current standard still playing.

we ARE watching scottish football die, but we will never watch rangers die.

Where did we find the OP?

This is more like the making of a fairer, more transparent, regulated, improved overall quality, improved domestic player, more desirable long term Scottish game for generations to come. And with the support more than rallied around our club, we will be back leaner and meaner than ever before in my lifetime... I look forward to the coming years and the teams which will replace the chaff which will, without doubt, be separated from the wheat.

That, in itself will improve the tv value and revenue in the longer term. It won't however improve the quality of the top potatoes...

WATP

this s what happens when one side pushes the big red button and hopes the other side don't. Now it's baton down the hatches and see who survives the nuclear winter. My money is on Rangers :sherlock:

I wouldn't bet against you. Well said.

rangers would be able to continue without scottish football, but scottish football cannot continue without rangers.

How would this work?

I don't think there's much chance of all this ending with Rangers ending in div3 but if they do, by the time they get to the top flight, Scottish football will be somewhere just below the league of Wales.

How would this work?

I don't think there's much chance of all this ending with Rangers ending in div3 but if they do, by the time they get to the top flight, Scottish football will be somewhere just below the league of Wales.

true, but as long as we are there (along with the tims) scottish football would still exist in some form. it'll be even more gash than it is now, but it would still exist.

Im totally disgusted at what im seeing here. Its as if anyone asking a ligitimate question is a Taig..FFS what is it with some people.

If im a taig why the fuck would i ask such questions ? Why would I not slag the team off..

Id rather watch my local than sit with some of you lot.

And we call some of the other lot bigots ffs.

:wanker:

First time post guys. I am of the opinion (if we stay in Division 3, which i still doubt will be allowed to happen) that this will be good for Scottish Football. Scotland cannot support 42 league teams, its ridiculous. A lot of these teams should be back to sunday football or something similar. We shouldnt have 2, 3, 4 SENIOR teams from the same general area, unless that area can support them, ie Rangers and Celtic, and a few others. Its never good when people lose their jobs, companies go under etc, its not something i want to see happen. But Scotland should have a maximum of 30 professional teams, 2 leagues, 30 teams distributing money between them and not dozens or non entities. This might force that sort of change as certain clubs go under.

Where did we find the OP?

This is more like the making of a fairer, more transparent, regulated, improved overall quality, improved domestic player, more desirable long term Scottish game for generations to come. And with the support more than rallied around our club, we will be back leaner and meaner than ever before in my lifetime... I look forward to the coming years and the teams which will replace the chaff which will, without doubt, be separated from the wheat.

That, in itself will improve the tv value and revenue in the longer term. It won't however improve the quality of the top potatoes...

WATP

CRAP

Scottish football should become an amateur league with part time players across the board, it's pretty crazy a country of our size and very small population has a professional league with full time players. Also lets face it most players in the SPL are amateur and in no way should be getting paid full time wages.