De Stefano is a Rangers FC Plc Shareholder

SteveJ

I'm not sure why he reckons the Italian courts would have jurisdiction in respect of the UK statutory obligations of a company that is registered in Scotland. There might, I suppose, be an EU law dimension to this but I really can't see where that might be. Still, anything that might hit back at the SFA and SPL can only be a good thing.

He may not be qualified as a lawyer, but he has made a damn good reputation from it. He has represented Hollywood film stars and made plenty from it!

Italian law is very strict on certain things and protecting their people is one of them. If he states, as a shareholder he has been misled, then I am sure it could get nasty. My only worry is, his share is after the administration and not before, but I am sure he knows this.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why he reckons the Italian courts would have jurisdiction in respect of the UK statutory obligations of a company that is registered in Scotland. There might, I suppose, be an EU law dimension to this but I really can't see where that might be. Still, anything that might hit back at the SFA and SPL can only be a good thing.

Various angles, say, putting Rangers into liquidation (which it isn't yet) could be prejudicial to the interests of an Italian shareholder. Or, fraud carried out while the regulators (SFA) turn a blind eye. If only Carling did European arrest warrants for Regan.

He may not be qualified as a lawyer, but he has made a damn good reputation from it. He has represented Hollywood film stars and made plenty from it!

Italian law is very strict on certain things and protecting their people is one of them. If he states, as a shareholder he has been misled, then I am sure it could get nasty. My only worry is, his share is after the administration and not before, but I am sure he knows this.

Hope he is for real, if he had our interests at heart why didn't he just advertise for existings shareholders to contact him?

Hope he is for real, if he had our interests at heart why didn't he just advertise for existings shareholders to contact him?

I think for him to go through Italian courts, he had to find an Italian shareholder or own it himself.

Can somebody explain wtf's going on here please?

Di Steffano has managed to get himself a share in Rangers FC PLC and by that, he states he can now challenge the administration of the club and business. He has also stated that he will pursue the case via Italy, which will ensure the newco is not hit with penalties (in my opinion) but the biggest thing is - Rangers have a legal eagle looking out for us.

We need legal protection, so we need fans to back this, regardless of how ridiculous it could seem to some.

Di Steffano has managed to get himself a share in Rangers FC PLC and by that, he states he can now challenge the administration of the club and business. He has also stated that he will pursue the case via Italy, which will ensure the newco is not hit with penalties (in my opinion) but the biggest thing is - Rangers have a legal eagle looking out for us.

We need legal protection, so we need fans to back this, regardless of how ridiculous it could seem to some.

Thanks. So things could get very interesting (in our favour)?

Right I tried to understand what the fuck is happening in this thread .Unfortunately I'm over qualified ,so could someone please explain in laymans terms , Cheers .

"Over qualified"

I laughed at that as I think you're actually being serious.............................

Thanks. So things could get very interesting (in our favour)?

Yes and NO.

I am not a legal eagle and only use common sense as my degree.

If Di Stefano writes to the SFA tomorrow stating his intention to pursue his case on Rangers FC PLC, I fear the SFA will have no option but to refuse Sevco the membership for newco Rangers, meaning that Rangers will have no league during 2012/13.

If Di Stefano clears our name and we don't go down the newco route, would a year out be so bad?

Yes and NO.

If Di Stefano writes to the SFA tomorrow stating his intention to pursue his case on Rangers FC PLC, I fear the SFA will have no option but to refuse Sevco the membership for newco Rangers, meaning that Rangers will have no league during 2012/13.

If Di Stefano clears our name and we don't go down the newco route, would a year out be so bad?

Jeezo. Where and when will it all end? If ever.

Am gettin too auld for aw this.

Yes and NO.

I believe his intention long term is similar to Bill Millers, he will amalgamate both together again.

This is Mental , by a Mentalist, but could be serious as this could Roll and Roll and Roll and Roll and Roll.Well you know what I mean.

We have been stitched up Major, and we the Fans have been the big losers in all of this.See if he manages to prove us innocent I will be the first to Buy him a drink in The Louden.

Various angles, say, putting Rangers into liquidation (which it isn't yet) could be prejudicial to the interests of an Italian shareholder. Or, fraud carried out while the regulators (SFA) turn a blind eye. If only Carling did European arrest warrants for Regan.

I just don't see on what basis the Italian civil courts can have jurisdiction. If there had been a contract made between Rangers and Di Stefano in Italy or the contract between them was to be performed in Italy then, yes, the Italian courts could well have jurisdiction. Otherwise, Di Stefano's legal remedy would have to come from the courts in Scotland. Also, if he wanted to, for example, take out an interdict against the SFA or SPL then he'd have to do that in a Scottish court, as we saw in the Ryan Giggs case, when an English super-injunction had no legal effect in Scotland.

Some criminal courts in Europe have extra-territorial jurisdiction but that relates to their own citizens, as German ex-F1 driver Adrian Sutil found out to his cost a few months ago when he was convicted in a German court of a charge relating to an incident that occurred in a Shanghai nightclub.

Ultimately, though what's important is that Di Stefano just might be the sort of man who will take up the cudgels on behalf of our club. We certainly live in interesting times.

He might be a bit of a nutter but he`s streetwise and will fight for us whenever he can.Of course it`s good PR for him,but he does have contacts inside UEFA,having said that he`s probably got contacts in Pentonville Prison too.Also,he claims to be in touch with overseas interests too.which might lead to financial benefits for us.As I said,he`s a maverick.....but he`s our maverick now