Now back to the Football - What do you want to see?

I see Alley having 3 options available to him on our path back to the top

1 - get in some high quality old pro's at the end of their careers

2 - play the youth and bring in young players with potential

3 - a mix of the above

I really hope and want to see the Rangers support get behind Ally in the next few seasons and encourage him to bring through a young team of Rangers lads with the potential to be the main stays of our team when we get back to the SPL.

I know it would be easier to go with the old guys but I for one can recall us going down this path under McLeish with Berg, Cappucho, Ostenstad, Alex Rae etc and although we stayed at a decent level it harmed the progress of the club and demoralised the fans.

We now have a chance to build a new philosophy of football the likes that Ajax, Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao have done.

I urge us to let Ally know we will back a team of young Rangers players even if they have a few bumpy roads to travel with our support and with one of two guys like McCulloch and Alexander in about the team we will still be favourite to go straight back up.

One of the potential negatives of us being in the 3rd division is that our better talents at the u17's and u19's may decide that they would be better served by getting moves elsewhere. It may be harder for us to keep or even attract new talents to our club with some favouring a move to even a mediocre SPL team.

Or it could be the case that the younger players see this as the best opportunity to make the next step in their careers in that in previous years, we have farmed out a few of them to teams in lower leagues to gain experience - surely with a mix of more experienced pros we should have enough to get up through the leagues, especially if we are looking to keep them on full time.

In terms of the experienced pro's I think we may see stop gaps from year to year, ie signing players who will do a job for that particular division.

Time will tell, but I hope we manage to keep some of the better talents and try to impose a new style of play, but I realise that in the lower leagues it isn't always easy to play silky stuff when up against a group of bruisers.

One of the potential negatives of us being in the 3rd division is that our better talents at the u17's and u19's may decide that they would be better served by getting moves elsewhere. It may be harder for us to keep or even attract new talents to our club with some favouring a move to even a mediocre SPL team.

Or it could be the case that the younger players see this as the best opportunity to make the next step in their careers in that in previous years, we have farmed out a few of them to teams in lower leagues to gain experience - surely with a mix of more experienced pros we should have enough to get up through the leagues, especially if we are looking to keep them on full time.

In terms of the experienced pro's I think we may see stop gaps from year to year, ie signing players who will do a job for that particular division.

Time will tell, but I hope we manage to keep some of the better talents and try to impose a new style of play, but I realise that in the lower leagues it isn't always easy to play silky stuff when up against a group of bruisers.

I agree it will be hard to play a new brand of attractive football in the lower leagues but it is something we should try to achieve. Teams like Falkirk play good stuff in the SFL 1 with kids. Im sure with the talents we can get playing for us we can achieve this and still win.

I agree it will be hard to play a new brand of attractive football in the lower leagues but it is something we should try to achieve. Teams like Falkirk play good stuff in the SFL 1 with kids. Im sure with the talents we can get playing for us we can achieve this and still win.

I agree in principle but that will take patience from the support, we were a pretty unforgiving support at times when we were chasing titles in the SPL and that was in a two horse race, imagine what it may be like in a potential one horse race if we have a couple of young lads struggling for confidence - the cries of get the baw up the park will be louder than ever!

- Ally lifting trophies.

- The Brendanbeu up in smoke.

- Regan 6ft under.

- Liewell straightening his eyes out.

- Media taking an interest in Lennons affairs, and i mean, affairs.

- Keevins, Grant, Guidi, Walker, McGuire/Martin, English, Spiers and co standing in the dole queue.

- Jig being made First Minister.