Interesting rules in the SPL articles

Rule H13 - Membership of League confers Membership of SFA

H13 In accordance with the SFA Articles and to the extent that it is not already a full or associate member of SFA, membership of the League confers registered membership of the SFA.

Link to SPL articles - SPL Rules

Was this rule the real reason we were denied entry to the SPL, as it would have automatically given us membership of the SFA and therefore, their blackmail leverage would be gone?

I was actually looking for the rule we are supposed to have breached for the 'dual contracts' but I could see any other than:

Rule D9.3 - No Player may receive any payment of any description from or

on behalf of a Club in respect of that Player’s participation in Association Football or in an activity connected with Association Football, other than in reimbursement of expenses actually incurred or to be actually incurred in playing or training for that Club, unless such payment is made in accordance with a Contract of Service between that Club and the Player concerned.

What do you all think?

H13 In accordance with the SFA Articles and to the extent that it is not already a full or associate member of SFA, membership of the League confers registered membership of the SFA.

Was this rule the real reason we were denied entry to the SPL, as it would have automatically given us membership of the SFA and therefore, their blackmail leverage would be gone?

I was actually looking for the rule we are supposed to have breached for the 'dual contracts' but I could see any other than:

on behalf of a Club in respect of that Player’s participation in Association Football or in an activity connected with Association Football, other than in reimbursement of expenses actually incurred or to be actually incurred in playing or training for that Club, unless such payment is made in accordance with a Contract of Service between that Club and the Player concerned.

What do you all think?

Some top class delving starting to come out now - hopefully some of the more legally minded can help us out here?

But they're not using the rule book, the only rules they're using are the rules of the mob

Oh they use the rule book, but at the part of rule book regarding punishment for breaking rules it states that the SFA and SPL can impose any penalty they see fit. The rules actually allow them to make up rules. It is a fucking joke.

What do you all think?

Good work. No mention of dual contracts. If the payments are coming from the same organisation then there shouldn't be a problem. Think these rules are in place to stop team A paying players from team B to kick fuck out of team C who are the main challengers in the title to team A. Used to happen in Spain.

A very good point about SFA membership there my friend as I have no doubt this would have been made clear to everyone involved prior to the SPL vote.

A few comments on the rules, etc:

The rules are effective from 1st July this year. What was in place prior to that date covering the period of 2001 to 2011?

On the EBT issue, it is down to interpretation whether or not they are contractual as part of a salary or not. I fail to see how the SPL can make up their minds on this whilst the HMRC enquiry/tribunal cannot after at least two years of investigation. My understanding is that these EBT payments were in the form of a loan. What would happen to these arguments if some of the players "repaid" part of said loans. If I was on the RFFF I would give some of the money to some of the players to make some repayments of loans.

D9.2 states that contracts must be on a form approved by the SPL. I assume they have approved our form of contract.

D9.3 Says nothing about getting a loan! It also doesn't say anything about money paid into an EBT.

I'd be interested to look into the accounts etc for payments to players at another particular club.

This clamour for our titles etc is an over-the-top reaction which has its roots in Parkhead. Their envy of us is quite disturbing. In any other area of society we would be able take out an injunction on all these people who would be guilty of harassment.

Would be interesting to check the Memo and Articles of Association for the Scottish Premier League Ltd as well. These set out the rules and duties of the company running the SPL. There could be something in there of interest. Can't find them online though. Anyone any ideas ?

To explain, the Ltd company that runs the SPL is itself governed under a set of "rules" that describe the purpose, responsibilities etc that govern everything the Company does. These are the Memorandum and Articles of Association. The SPL as an organisation is therefore governed under these rules. As the Memo and Articles are created at the start of a new company, they can sometimes be overlooked when the company later makes changes to other rules. The result could be that the company either acts outside of its powers or that it does not fulfil its duties as set out in the Memo and Articles of Association.

My point , are the SPL rules consistent with the rules of SPL ltd? Has the SPL fulfilled its duties as set out in the rules of SPL ltd ?

The SPL may take the same approach as the SFA and make it up as they go along, but I'm pretty sure that the law of the land is that a company must act within its memo and articles.

on behalf of a Club in respect of that Player's participation in Association Football or in an activity connected with Association Football, other than in reimbursement of expenses actually incurred or to be actually incurred in playing or training for that Club, unless such payment is made in accordance with a Contract of Service between that Club and the Player concerned.

What do you all think?

That is exactly what I was about to go looking for mate 00000042.gif

That means that the SPL are only concerned about knowing of money earned for playing football. There is no mention about paying players for other roles or any company benefit schemes.

If that is the only rule then Green better not accept any waiving of the right to appeal or take the SFA/SPL to court.

But they're not using the rule book, the only rules they're using are the rules of the mob

Oh but they are using the rule book.

It's a special, extra, Rangers only rule book. It has writing on the first and only page.

It states: "Create, modify or otherwise invent as required. All rules and rulings are valid and apply only to The Rangers."

A very good point about SFA membership there my friend as I have no doubt this would have been made clear to everyone involved prior to the SPL vote.

A few comments on the rules, etc:

The rules are effective from 1st July this year. What was in place prior to that date covering the period of 2001 to 2011?

On the EBT issue, it is down to interpretation whether or not they are contractual as part of a salary or not. I fail to see how the SPL can make up their minds on this whilst the HMRC enquiry/tribunal cannot after at least two years of investigation. My understanding is that these EBT payments were in the form of a loan. What would happen to these arguments if some of the players "repaid" part of said loans. If I was on the RFFF I would give some of the money to some of the players to make some repayments of loans.

D9.2 states that contracts must be on a form approved by the SPL. I assume they have approved our form of contract.

D9.3 Says nothing about getting a loan! It also doesn't say anything about money paid into an EBT.

I'd be interested to look into the accounts etc for payments to players at another particular club.

This clamour for our titles etc is an over-the-top reaction which has its roots in Parkhead. Their envy of us is quite disturbing. In any other area of society we would be able take out an injunction on all these people who would be guilty of harassment.

Wasn't the EBT's paid through MIH? Or a Murray set up offshore account? If so, that looks like the CFCSFA have fucked up with this one.