Sky remove spl games from their listings

c/hallbear

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly surprising, the fact is, the undeniable irritating fact for the rest of these hatred filled muppets is that the SPL cannot survive without us, and all financial forecasts indicated that, and they were all predicated on SKY maintaining some relationship with scottish football. If they pull out completely it will be total armageddon and never mind a slow and lingering death it will be more like an instant and rapid demise.

A time is coming soon when the real motives behind these decisions will be laid bare, and when the fans of other clubs are going to have to realise the irony that they killed their own clubs, that punishing us was more important than anything, than the game in general, and that their club is no more as a result.

Hard to know what this really means actually, it could just be the proposed live games are being finalised, but were SKY to pull out the SPL is over.

Fuck em all.

I hear that the SPL are about to default on a £1.8m payment to the SFL.

David Longmuir is the only one who has emerged with any credit in this and can be trusted to do the right thing imho

He has already intimated he won't hesitate to declare the SPL insolvent if payment isn't forthcoming.

I guess he'll have new applications to Div 3 soon . . .

That's what the blood sucking fookers get.

If SKY really do want the scum in the EPL along with the mighty Rangers then this is one sure way to do it.

Do they have the cojonas to kill Scottish football in order to improve the value of their key product (English Football) ?

I would say they probably do actually.

Just thinking through this, the SFL set Monday as a deadline for interested bids, so they can't make a decision until then.

If Sky/ESPN want to go with the SPL, then they won't bid by Monday and that would probably leave the SFL having to consider the SPL offer.

If the SPL pulls the guaranteed £2M payment to the SFL, the SFA MUST step in to make the final decision.

Still looks like a serious drop on the original £13M a year deal to me.

I dont think its as clear cut as appears. Sounds to me like SKY are trying to get us on the cheap wrapped in with their SPL deal by getting the SPL to do their dirty work.

If that fails then I reckon they would come back to the SFL with a revised offer. Whatever happens on Monday I dont think will be a final offer to the SFL.

The SFL should wait and see how things develop first imo and make it clear that they are not willing to hand over their rights. After all everyone seems to be forgetting the team we would be playing has to agree to allow cameras into their grounds to show their team as much as ours.

1342955153' post='1060249526']

Fuck em all.

I hear that the SPL are about to default on a £1.8m payment to the SFL.

David Longmuir is the only one who has emerged with any credit in this and can be trusted to do the right thing imho

He has already intimated he won't hesitate to declare the SPL insolvent if payment isn't forthcoming.

I guess he'll have new applications to Div 3 soon . . .

That's what the blood sucking fookers get.

Can we Have D&P to assist in their administration and wee Shyties new debt collection firm chase them up ? LOL

Anyway....NOT OUR PROBLEM......we are not an SPL club anymore , so let these tossers rot .....SFL for me