Ally Proud Of Players

ALLY MCCOIST was delighted to see his side progress to the second round of the Ramsdens Cup against Brechin but knows the performance could have been better.

The manager admitted the trip to Glebe Park was a tough test for his players given it was their first competitive outing.

But he was pleased with that graft put in from his new look team and believes they can only get stronger.

He said: "I thought at times in the game it was a really good performance, we shouldn't forget that is only our first competitive game.

"We've had a couple of bounce games but that is all and for it to go to extra time and for us to progress is pleasing.

"I don't think anyone can say we didn't deserve to win the game but with it going to extra time it certainly put our boys' fitness levels to the test.

"But the most important thing, and it's the same for every cup tie, is that we went through."

Ally also praised youngsters Lewis Macleod and Barrie McKay for their displays.

He added: "You only get out of the game what you put into it and I was particularly pleased for the younger boys.

"Macleod was outstanding and Barrie did well although he will get better.

"But I was also really pleased with the older pros such as Ian Black and Lee Wallace was deservedly man of the match.

"Big Lee also got his winning goal so I would hate for people to look at the game and think I wasn't happy with the performance.

"I was and to be fair to Brechin they worked hard, played well and caused us a few problems on the break.

"But overall I just thought we deserved it."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2864305?

I think Ally will be disappointed by the effort of Goin and some poor passing. Our Manager has a hard job and will support his players as any good manger should but he should have a word with some of them about finding another club and then signing some real Rangers men who will play for the jersey and the fans.

As an extra thought why do we have idiots abusing Brechin players on the touchline. These guys were OK and we need some friends in the game not more that hate us.

Ian Black and a couple of youngsters were a real plus for me.

I think Ally will be disappointed by the effort of Goin and some poor passing. Our Manager has a hard job and will support his players as any good manger should but he should have a word with some of them about finding another club and then signing some real Rangers men who will play for the jersey and the fans.

As an extra thought why do we have idiots abusing Brechin players on the touchline. These guys were OK and we need some friends in the game not more that hate us.

Ian Black and a couple of youngsters were a real plus for me.

What was said regarding abuse?

What was said regarding abuse?

To be fair I did see a wee bit (not much) from the touchline while watching today. I basically just clocked a few wanker signs and taunts when they were taking throw-ins, that's all. I was a little bit disappointed, but I admit there may have been a reason for it I wasn't aware of. Also, the travelling fans made the effort to get up the road for the game so I am in no position to criticise.

Minuscule gripe.

Also - great comments from Ally. His patience paid off and the lads played well for having next to no pre-season.

To be fair I did see a wee bit (not much) from the touchline while watching today. I basically just clocked a few wanker signs and taunts when they were taking throw-ins, that's all. I was a little bit disappointed, but I admit there may have been a reason for it I wasn't aware of. Also, the travelling fans made the effort to get up the road for the game so I am in no position to criticise.

Minuscule gripe.

Also - great comments from Ally. His patience paid off and the lads played well for having next to no pre-season.

just curious what was said, diving bassas would suffice and pikey looking cunt may be also