Craig Whyte: Jail Bound (Hopefully)

TheMenace72

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murray won't do any time (and I don't think he should anyway), there's nothing to say you can't sell your business to a cunt.

I hope that Craig Whyte rots in prison, and to be honest, it he was in a Scottish jail there's not much chance of him lasting very long.

hate to say it but he is an old hand at fecking companies up and walking away so will have known every dodge and what not to do to cause jail time.

Usually, nobody bothers to prosecute because these sort of cases are expensive and there isn't much money around. The difference is that he picked on Rangers this time, so you have just over half the population of Scotland, 2/3 of the population of Northern Ireland and a significant proportion of people in England and Wales and around the world baying for blood.

I'd have thought nailing Sir David Murray would be nigh on impossible, if regulations governing liquidation mandate that an investigation can only go back three years. Murray resigned near enough three years ago and for several years prior his leaving the club was paying down the debts. Murray's profligacy was well in the past.

Unfortunately, you are probably right. If Lloyds hadn't called in the loan, continuing down the path of paying it off as he was doing was in the best interests of creditors, and it would have been cleared eventually. When he did sell it, he sold it to someone who paid off the Lloyds loan and produced letters from solicitors saying he had the money, which is good enough evidence as a defence in any criminal trial. I do wonder though what will happen to the solicitor who wrote that letter.

Threads like this could work to Craig Whyte's benefit - 'Law of unintended consequences'.

There is nothing in the OP to give any 'evidence', but there is already more than enough to prejudice the investigation and to (possibly) identify the 'source'.

This thread is based on the premise that "a friend of a friend reckons".

It's bullshit. Enough's enough. Time to close it surely.

Threads like this could work to Craig Whyte's benefit - 'Law of unintended consequences'.

There is nothing in the OP to give any 'evidence', but there is already more than enough to prejudice the investigation and to (possibly) identify the 'source'.

I'm more than happy for the thread to be deleted. I posted it purely for discussion as it its a forum but i wouldn't want to endanger any investigations (tu)

I'd love to see him get jailed but can I ask how she came to this conclusion? As far as I know BDO haven't taken over from Duff & Phelps yet let alone carried out an investigation. Is it not a bit premature for BDO staff to be speculating about the outcome?

Is the BDO staff member aware that you have posted this online? Try to keep them onside so that your friend has unofficial access to some insider knowledge in the future.