Most random signing?

spartanD84

As far as I remember Gattuso couldn't speak any English when he joined us as a fresh faced 19-year old, and then we bought a young Italian left back called Luigi Riccio who was apparently wee Rino's mate. I remember wondering at the time if that was the only reason we signed him, so the guy had a friend he could talk to! :lol:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcus Gayle was my initial thought, a late season signing when i am sure we were already trailing badly in the league. Then he gets sold during his first summer.

Sure Paul Reid was highly rated maybe even an England captain at u'19s when we signed him.

There was a Finnish midfielder that Advocaat signed who played a couple but can never remember his name.

Jani Kaupilla or Tero Pentilla? Haha

Foster! i know money was tight but loaning a full-back from the Sheep? c'mon!

Kenny Miller re-signing was also a strange one

Diouf was also pretty incredible

more recently Sandaza. i thought after the way he was messed about in January he would've told us to bolt, especially with us being in Div 3

Ian Black also

Darius Adamczuk (probably spelt that wrong).

Signed for us instead of the filth from Dundee I think (after looking pretty impressive) and then basically crumbled and suffered from severe depression before packing it in. doh

Random signing, in terms of what happened to him, but shows the mentality required to be a Rangers player.

Graeme_4 - here is a smaller version of your sig should you choose to change it:

http://i.imgur.com/0mKkG.jpg

0mKkG.jpg

Bert Konterman. Never heard of him before he signed, wasn't an international at the time(I don't think). Caused more heart attacks than Glasgow chippies but made up for it with a screamer against Celtic in a cup semi. Cult hero.

Konterman was a Dutch international when we signed him, he played in Euro 2000 just after we signed him

Luigi Riccio ! :sherlock:

I remember him well. Walter had visions of him being Amoruso MK2. Remember seeing him playing at Bathgate for the reserves, trying to spray passes from the back like big Amo, but he was dire.

Ostenstad was a good player in the mid-90s. Remember that hattrick against Man Utd for Southampton? He was past it by the time Eck signed him.

Paul Ritchie from Hearts also falls in to the same category.

Trying to think what happened with him. Did he not see out his Hearts contract on loan to Man City or Bolton, as Hearts refused to do business on a cut price deal with Rangers. Then we got him on a Bosman?