Ally wants a goalkeeper

simplythebest

McCoist also admits that, in an ideal situation, he would recruit another experienced keeper to back up Neil Alexander and allow Scott Gallacher to go on loan.

He added: “We don’t want anyone to leave but I have asked them if they are going to, to let me know as soon as possible. That would be a better situation.

“We don’t want anyone to leave, so it’s not ideal but we can’t have it both ways. We don’t get windows where you only bring people in.

“In an ideal situation we’d like to get big Gall out to get some games too. He could maybe go on loan because we have high hopes for him.

“Neil is obviously very experienced and has a proven track record.

“So in an ideal world I’d like to get another goalie in and let big Gall go on loan and get him some valuable experience.”

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/1749-strength-in-numbers

Don't really feel we need that to be honest.

I think it would be good management to get Gallagher out on loan and bring in a reliable, lower league vet as a number two.

At 23 Gallagher is going to learn far more playing games than he will sitting on the bench. Look at what loan deals did for the careers of Allan McGregor, John Ruddy & Joe Hart when they were a similar age.

Game time is vital for our younger players to develop and gain experience .Also sometimes players play poor or make errors and can lose confidence, it is best (in my opinion)that a rookie makes their mistakes elsewhere whilst gaining experience but not hampering our results.

Any goalkeeper would, but you need to find someone willing to not.

Only position that you can't even use rotation to give people matches.

I disagree. Your back up keeper should always be experienced. Your younger keepers should be out on loan getting games, one of them will be expected to be Number1 in time. See colin scott, or more recently, Niemi. Failin to loan niemi out at the right age cost us a future number one, he was a fantastic goalkeeper.