Rangers Draw Forres Mechanics

scottyc06

There is 1 stand, its tiny, 250 seats, and the rest of the ground is grass banking.

It may get moved to Elgin, or even ICTs dump.

Its possible to watch the game from the A96 though.

I Googled the street view and the A96 runs right past the back of the tiny stand - indeed the field at the far end has a fence that is three-feet tall (if yer' lucky!) ;)

I reckon this could be a record crowd of 10,000 - 8,674 of whom will be watching it for free.

Sadly the A96 will be at a standstill with Bears' bodies clogging it and the farmer who owns said field will be going apeshit as his tatties will be trampled asunder.

I.........(chinka-chinka-chinka-chinka)..................I predict a riot. :party:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Says online capacity is 1,476, and discussions will take place over the venue for the game but they really want it at their ground, it would be better for everyone if it's just at ibrox, more people get to see the game and Forres would get alot more money

That's not in the spirit of the Scottish Cup.

Small away ground, new venue for the Bears to visit....an away-day to remember (hopefully).

Nah.........keep it where it is. :sherlock:

Says online capacity is 1,476, and discussions will take place over the venue for the game but they really want it at their ground, it would be better for everyone if it's just at ibrox, more people get to see the game and Forres would get alot more money

From a financial aspect I agree, however I stay 5 minutes from the ground

Its a good draw for us. Looks like we could motor on into the next round. A good win will give the team a (hydraulic) lift. I just hope our squad has the tools to go up there and get the win, rather than looking like spare parts.

Its a good draw for us. Looks like we could motor on into the next round. A good win will give the team a (hydraulic) lift. I just hope our squad has the tools to go up there and get the win, rather than looking like spare parts.

Oil hear no more of this piss(ton). :rolleyes:

I Googled the street view and the A96 runs right past the back of the tiny stand - indeed the field at the far end has a fence that is three-feet tall (if yer' lucky!) ;)

I reckon this could be a record crowd of 10,000 - 8,674 of whom will be watching it for free.

Sadly the A96 will be at a standstill with Bears' bodies clogging it and the farmer who owns said field will be going apeshit as his tatties will be trampled asunder.

I.........(chinka-chinka-chinka-chinka)..................I predict a riot. :party:

Back in the heyday of "fitba hooliganism" the polis up here were on overdrive, it was ridiculous.

1991ish.....6 of us (six, as in half a dozen) were met off the train by a squad of 24 coppers, (4 on horseback) and coralled up a street and into the ground at 1pm, to keep us out of the boozers. It was a Highland League fixture, and once the battalion of polis had got us inside the ground, they buggered off, leaving us to set off our fireworks in peace. (tu)

Happy days.......:pipe:

We should offer to switch the game to Ibrox, give them 500 free tickets and pay for the buses to bring them down from the Highlands.

If you throw in TV money, and the 50% of the gate, that's worth about £300k to them, and they get a big day out at Ibrox free of charge.

If the SFL/SPHell/SFA are talking about league reconstruction with a pyramid system, that £300k could just about guarantee them a slot in the SFL in a couple of years

A season ticket for Forres could be the way forward here........to get a ticket for the Rangers game.

I'd reckon around £40-£50 would get one, and probably get you first shout on 2-4 Rangers tickets.

Just guessing obviously.

A season ticket for Forres could be the way forward here........to get a ticket for the Rangers game.

I'd reckon around £40-£50 would get one, and probably get you first shout on 2-4 Rangers tickets.

Just guessing obviously.

Are you aff your head? £40-£50 quid to see the league champions!

It would be at least £60

Are you aff your head? £40-£50 quid to see the league champions!

It would be at least £60

:D

It used to be £20 for a season ticket for Telford Street (Caley), and that was just 18 years ago............I'd imagine Forres was a fiver back then.

I remember the year they won the title for the only other time.........halcyon days.

This was the same night Ally McCoist scored a hat-trick at Ibrox against the bheasts iirc........I defo missed this Caley game due to being at Ibrox.

:D

It used to be £20 for a season ticket for Telford Street (Caley), and that was just 18 years ago............I'd imagine Forres was a fiver back then.

I remember the year they won the title for the only other time.........halcyon days.

This was the same night Ally McCoist scored a hat-trick at Ibrox against the bheasts iirc........I defo missed this Caley game due to being at Ibrox.

I was at the game last year when they won the league :lol: Everyones got a guilty pleasure eh?