This cant sign till 2014 is pish

Gazzano8

• 2 months later...

I have discussed this before...next year the transfer window will close on Sept 2nd as the 31st Aug is a Saturday.

The transfer window ALWAYS closes on a week day which will be Monday 2 nd Sept.

I reckon we can sign anyone and get them registered on 1st or second.

I still believe this to be true.

After reading the Sunday Mail (Pub edition) today back page and page 88.....I may be right in what I said months ago about the transfer window!

I can see some VERY unhappy Hoopies if this is the case!

Been saying this all along. However, the likelyhood is we will go with what we have until Jan '14.

I can't imagine we would start next season without bringing in at least a couple of players. Hopefully a couple of pre-conract agreements with players in January with them joining in the summer and able to play from September 1st. Either that or we see who is a free agent on Sept 1st.

I can't imagine we would start next season without bringing in at least a couple of players. Hopefully a couple of pre-conract agreements with players in January with them joining in the summer and able to play from September 1st. Either that or we see who is a free agent on Sept 1st.

I know. I didn't consider the idea of them exploring pre-contract options. Many good free agents will be gone by 1st Sept which means the Club are more likely to sign players on a pre-contract and register them when they can.

Looking forward to seeing who the Club have lined up!

It's a REGISTRATION embargo. We can sign who ever the fuck we want but the sfa won't register them To play

Do you think we'll sign players and then tell him to wait a year or whatever it is to play for us?

I said earlier on in this thread that we could sign players but loan them back to the club we've signed them from for a year.

But i don't know how many clubs would go for that, the player might not want that either.

We will be signing bosmans from January onwards, for them to come in in the summer, have pre-season with us like normal and then register them with the SFA on September 1st. It is no big deal. We are basically only ruled out of bringing players into the club to play for us in this coming January window. I think we have enough cover and quality to get through this season so it's no big deal as wrong or as illegal as the punishment was.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/360349/Ally-McCoist-plans-a-new-year-signing-swoop-for-Rangers

Just one question what about these fecks that jumped ship and SFA still hold registrations for will that not limit the amount of signings????

The SFA have had almost 6 months to sort that out come January, no way should any of them still be registered up here. Have the SFL got different allowances for player registrations to the SPL? Celtic have a squad of almost 40 and Hearts had over 60 registered last year.