Same name

BF2 winston

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not yet, no. Who knows what the finished product will become.

Lots of people look ar the past through blue tinted specs though.

Davie had some amazing performances and was a joy to watch at times, but there were quite a few indifferent performances in there too. But then who of us can be perfect all the time?

Nobody was comparing him to Davie imo.

His Dad named him Cooper out of his respect for a Rangers great and nothing else.

Let the lad play and he will be great for us.

Pressure like that he can do without

This, to the word.

Why does everyone have to be compared to everyone else, and especially to someone like Super.

Let the lad get on with his football and let’s remember the genius we were lucky to have, being in a different era, for as long as we did.

Nobody is comparing them, indeed presently there can be no comparison. Davie Cooper was one of most talented footballers the world has ever seen.

Which was recognised by his peers at the time.

The hairs on the back of my neck are standing up while writing this. The tears still come to my eyes every time I think of him and his untimely passing.

No one is comparing him to Davie Cooper and to be brutally honest if people had been geniunely comparing him to Davie then we would not have been the only massive club trying to sign him.

David Templeton may well go on to be a fantastic player and legend for us but Davie Cooper was on another level.

Pre Laudrup et al, on his day and to my mind at least, Davie would be a class apart.

Fair comment..........but he was anything but unique..........good but not unique and watched him through the 70s and 80s. Would even go to say Davie was not a class apart from the likes of Willie Henderson or Wee Bud. That would be decrying the skills of those two named players.

Fair comment..........but he was anything but unique..........good but not unique and watched him through the 70s and 80s. Would even go to say Davie was not a class apart from the likes of Willie Henderson or Wee Bud. That would be decrying the skills of those two named players.

It's subjective; I think Davie just gave me some of the greatest moments of being a Rangers fan with his style of play. Personally, only Laudrup has ever given me more.

I'd never knock the talents of either player you mentioned, both greats.

It's subjective; I think Davie just gave me some of the greatest moments of being a Rangers fan with his style of play. Personally, only Laudrup has ever given me more.

I'd never knock the talents of either player you mentioned, both greats.

Agree..............it's about what you think of re a player........... I thought Davie was a good player.