Walter has 8 - 10 million to spend ?

Thats what I reckon. That can get you 1 quality player, 2 at a real push!

put it this way, we were willing to spend 3.4M on brown, and we are HOPING to get 1.5 for buffel and probably 1.5 for sebo/svensson/sionko if we are lucky. so thats 3M. added to the 3.4 possibly on brown were saying about 6M give or take a mill or two.

Having read a few articles on it he seemed to mention bringing in 5 players (not sure if this is as well as Darchville, Gow and Broadfoot). So say 8m at max means around £1.5m per player.

Assuming its 5 more players i reckon your talking GK (back up), RB (utilty kind of player across the back as back up Whittaker?), CB (Osasuna player?), Winger (McCulloch or Naismith, id rather have Naismith) and ST (Fediuano(sp.)).

That would be say 2m for the striker, 1m for naismith, Free for Cuellar, 1.5m for Whittaker leaves almost 1.5m for a back up keeper so if you got a cheap one (bosman hopefully ) would make almost 3-4m for a striker?

I doubt he has more than the £4M. Alarm bells started ringing when he couldnt better Celtics £1.1M for Hartley which was not an unreasonable sum for him, and then when one of his Jan targets Scott Macdonald was signed up for a mere £750,000, he never even bothered entering into negotiations. These were the type of players we needed if we were working to a budget, but even they seem out of our reach.

cuellar is going to cost at least 2M and walter hasnt confirmed interest in him (neither denied it)

He has actually denied the interest.

Probably as he thinks Celtic may outbid us if they learn of an interest from Ibrox in a player.

Why what has he done.....what has he achieved

HEE HAW

i hate to appear like i'm jumping on the bandwagon here fish me old son, but your recomendation of billy davies hasn't exactly won many trophies either (if any at all) if you were offered the managers job, would you or could you turn down the job even though you don't agree with the chairmans position, bearing in mind the obvious love of our club you appear to show?

What do you think that'll get us ? Will it win us the League ? :pipeguy:

What do you think,seriously?

Jeeezo,a U.F.O. has just flew past my bedroom window,quickly followed by a flying pig. :rolleyes:

You really must know,it's gonna be 3 in a row. championee

You are all quoting money 5 mill 10 mill but you seem to forget the wages.

I reckon we have a set amount and this is divided into wages over 1 year and transfer fees.

So brown would have cost us 4.4 mill fee and 1.3 mill in wages so total of 5.7 million on one player probably doesnt really leave much for others.

We have already secured Gow and Broadfoot and im sure their salarys have been taken from the total already. Say 1 mill? And thats for 2 players so 5.7 for one IMO walter and SDM are right in not blowing so much of the kitty on one player when our needs are greater.

We can sell players and use their salaries too in the total as im sure Prso Klos and Raes have already been added.

So the total kitty i aint a clue and neither do many of you posting in here.

Have faith and trust in our management team and if they don't sign the right type of player then start slating them but the transfer window aint opened yet and the guys we already signed "arent good enough" "aint Rangers class", i say give them time to prove you wrong and unite for once as a support in giving 100% commitment to our team.

Jeeezo,a U.F.O. has just flew past my bedroom window,quickly followed by a flying pig. :rolleyes:

A CARPENTER'S TOOL INDEED in this section alert! :craphead:

Think we might do well in Europe don't know about domestically ? :pipeguy:

And the other results you silly boy....

Its seems you are one of the ostriches who are just happy to beat that lot

Looks like you cant add up if the results for the start of the season were the same as the end end we would have won the league simple , silly girl.

Looks like you cant add up if the results for the start of the season were the same as the end end we would have won the league simple , silly girl.

Silly comment of the thread so far goes to.................. :craphead:

this must be the post of the year,win the title with this lot of rubbish. (td)

for fecks sake, our league record since Smith took over is excellent. This can only improve as more players are brought in, What Celtic do does not concern me, i am confident we will win the title next season under Smith.

The league was over when Walter took over. We beat the scum twice once when they were 18 points clear and the other when they had already clinched the league. Look at our performances after we clinched 2nd spot. Don't get carried away we have a long way to go to climb out of this mess and the quality of our performances since Walter took over have really only improved at center half.

Firstly as i had hoped and predicted previously we have not got brown, not worth the gamble for what little money we have. Also lets be realistic Celtic can still only play with 4 in the middle, lets say that is Hartley, m'geady, nakamura and now brown, you have to admit that Neil Lennon done a great job for them and now its a case of Brown for lennon- with the exception of a bit more energy and pace they wont have improved substantially. All gers should be fully supporting the management, they are equally as much of a supporter as we are and they are doing their absolute best in the circumstances. Its ridiculous to be critical at this stage, who else out there would you trust to come in with any more experience, determination, character, knowledge or commitment to this club?? the answer is there is no one better. Get behind them and lets help solve our problems not add to them...