We have the best facilities by far, why are the failing to produce

ray

:superally:

No. No excuses.

Ok.. Can I just sit back and watch the bears exit division 3.. With ease.. And never say.. I told you so.. That would be so sassi.. I'll give you £10 too.. Fecking upping my overdraft as we post................................................. Kidding :rolleyes: Positive.. We are Rangers.. Then.. Now.. Forever :21: :21: :21:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we were in SPL.. Maybe.. The team are having to adapt to SFL division 3 grounds for the first time in their history.. Thats 140 years.. Erm a wee break here.. Ta <cr>

I undertsand, but a lot of these boys will have drawn div3 teams in the cups, played on similar grounds as a youngster and at the end of the day football is football - albeit it'll be more of a challenge on a pitch that's cut up but this will be the best nick the pitch has been in all season and it'll only get worse.

The issue is with development, coaching and long term goals. I seriously couldn't care less if we got beat 1-nil but kncoked the ball around with purpose and created chances. But we aren't doing it. It's a new team and it needs to gel.....the results are long term but there should be a marked improvement immedietly... There isn't (tu)

:superally:

Ok.. Can I just sit back and watch the bears exit division 3.. With ease.. And never say.. I told you so.. That would be so sassi.. I'll give you £10 too.. Fecking upping my overdraft as we post................................................. Kidding :rolleyes: Positive.. We are Rangers.. Then.. Now.. Forever :21: :21: :21:

We'll win the div on our home form alone.... I don't think that's in doubt (tu)

But winning it has nothing to do with long term progression.

I hope I'm proved wrong, for ally's sake, but I've yet to see a purpose in the way we play

:lol:

They do - I bet there is alot of boys who stay behind for a banter and a bit of gym work - but no real tactical or footballing improvement (tu)

You mean you really don't know where they are after 11.30 am, all those hairdressing appointments and driving lessons with a "bite" of lunch at a posh eatery, fuck if an auld geezer like me knows what's going down in the hood... :cgreen:

I undertsand, but a lot of these boys will have drawn div3 teams in the cups, played on similar grounds as a youngster and at the end of the day football is football - albeit it'll be more of a challenge on a pitch that's cut up but this will be the best nick the pitch has been in all season and it'll only get worse.

The issue is with development, coaching and long term goals. I seriously couldn't care less if we got beat 1-nil but kncoked the ball around with purpose and created chances. But we aren't doing it. It's a new team and it needs to gel.....the results are long term but there should be a marked improvement immedietly... There isn't (tu)

I'm sorry but I need to disagree.. We are unbeaten in division 3.. And the matchdays at Ibrox are better than ever.. I've been there for every one.. Even took the kids.. We have had the best days/ nights out ever ..

I would never have taken the kids to SPL games.. Me and my hubby went.. But would never have taken the kids.. But I do now.. We have the best times ever..

The issue is with Division 3 grounds/ facilities in my honest opinion.. I've missed only one away game online.. But Rangers will settle into these grounds.. First away win i'm partying (tu)

You mean you really don't know where they are after 11.30 am, all those hairdressing appointments and driving lessons with a "bite" of lunch at a posh eatery, fuck if an auld geezer like me knows what's going down in the hood... :cgreen:

I seen Mckay's tweet (tu) but that was the day after a match, I imagine it was light running followed by a quick breakdown of the previous game. ......

Having said that - on the whole I agree with you (tu) they aren't there long enough to truly develop and I doubt even if they were there the coaching team would be teaching them the right stuff .... From a technical point of view anyway (tu)

Our standard of play has never been an issue but as a club our entire mantra and ethos is simply to win.

The moment any manager stops winning even for a limited period of time any previous goodwill he has built up evaporates. It is fickle beyond belief. Look at Advocaat two years of dominating Celtic as well as great European results and arguably the best sort of football we've displayed in my lifetime but the moment Celtic overtook us he became hated. We went from wearing orange shirts at Hampden to sheer dislike of the man very very quickly.

Eck is another example from Hero (2003) > Incompetent (2004) > Hero (2005) > Incompetent (2006)

And finally Walter yeah we all love him now but I remember post on this board when we were struggling in the 2008-2009 season there was even posts saying fans wouldn't stay around and applaud him if we didn't win 3IAR.

Our management definetly needs to be doing more to encourage a more attractive brand of football but we as fans have to accept that one of the reasons we play with this mentality is because as a club we care solely about winning not about development and this culture comes partly from us (tu)

I seen Mckay's tweet (tu) but that was the day after a match, I imagine it was light running followed by a quick breakdown of the previous game. ......

Having said that - on the whole I agree with you (tu) they aren't there long enough to truly develop and I doubt even if they were there the coaching team would be teaching them the right stuff .... From a technical point of view anyway (tu)

Laugherty was in the bookies at Anniesland cross every training day before 11.30am. :cgreen:

ps when he made training.

I'm sorry but I need to disagree.. We are unbeaten in division 3.. And the matchdays at Ibrox are better than ever.. I've been there for every one.. Even took the kids.. We have had the best days/ nights out ever ..

I would never have taken the kids to SPL games.. Me and my hubby went.. But would never have taken the kids.. But I do now.. We have the best times ever..

The issue is with Division 3 grounds/ facilities in my honest opinion.. I've missed only one away game online.. But Rangers will settle into these grounds.. First away win i'm partying (tu)

I agree (tu) the atmosphere has been great and the fans are really united. It's great being back at Ibrox. :21:

I imagine your right - the new surroundings and div3 parks will have a bearing on the slow start to the season, but I don't think that's a good enough excuse for the general lack of movement/passing/ability on the park and the lack of direction off it (tu)

Like most - I'm more than prepared to let ally work through it, he deserves time..... But he needs to address these issues soon

One of the main reasons that is attributed to SAF's longevity and continued success at Man Utd is that he often changes his number two and I don't think it would hurt Ally to maybe think about doing something similar, just because a fresh pair of eyes might see new things that the current lot aren't seeing any more.

At youth team level, I can't say that I know any particular horror stories about Sinclair, but from what I've read on here it appears that he is very narrow minded and very much of the size first, ability later attitude and if that is true it simply isn't good enough for a club as big as ours in 2012.

When you look at the job that say Dario Graddi has done at Crewe over the years, you can't help but wonder what somebody like that could do with the facilities and resources that are available at a club our size.

Laugherty was in the bookies at Anniesland cross every training day before 11.30am. :cgreen:

ps when he made training.

Wouldn't surprise me with that wank :lol:

I'll take your word for it though - can't say I would know either way.

If it's true - it confirms everything I've been saying about the direction of coaching - it needs a revamp with a modern approach and some baws need booted (tu)

One of the main reasons that is attributed to SAF's longevity and continued success at Man Utd is that he often changes his number two and I don't think it would hurt Ally to maybe think about doing something similar, just because a fresh pair of eyes might see new things that the current lot aren't seeing any more.

At youth team level, I can't say that I know any particular horror stories about Sinclair, but from what I've read on here it appears that he is very narrow minded and very much of the size first, ability later attitude and if that is true it simply isn't good enough for a club as big as ours in 2012.

When you look at the job that say Dario Graddi has done at Crewe over the years, you can't help but wonder what somebody like that could do with the facilities and resources that are available at a club our size.

(tu)

I agree

Wouldn't surprise me with that wank :lol:

I'll take your word for it though - can't say I would know either way.

If it's true - it confirms everything I've been saying about the direction of coaching - it needs a revamp with a modern approach and some baws need booted (tu)

Since it is well known that Ally and Durranty don't like to hang about at training or what passes for training (never thought I would get passes on the same page as training :lol: ) it will take a seismic shift to alter things at The Rangers.

Our standard of play has never been an issue but as a club our entire mantra and ethos is simply to win.

The moment any manager stops winning even for a limited period of time any previous goodwill he has built up evaporates. It is fickle beyond belief. Look at Advocaat two years of dominating Celtic as well as great European results and arguably the best sort of football we've displayed in my lifetime but the moment Celtic overtook us he became hated. We went from wearing orange shirts at Hampden to sheer dislike of the man very very quickly.

Eck is another example from Hero (2003) > Incompetent (2004) > Hero (2005) > Incompetent (2006)

And finally Walter yeah we all love him now but I remember post on this board when we were struggling in the 2008-2009 season there was even posts saying fans wouldn't stay around and applaud him if we didn't win 3IAR.

Our management definetly needs to be doing more to encourage a more attractive brand of football but we as fans have to accept that one of the reasons we play with this mentality is because as a club we care solely about winning not about development and this culture comes partly from us (tu)

Yeah I agree with this (tu)

Not only does the coaching team need to change their approach but the fans will need to accept that change takes time and we will lose games here and there.....

But, like I said earlier, I wouldn't mind losing so long as there was marked improvement in ability and coaching... But I've yet to see it (tu)

There's still time - we can get it sorted

Since it is well known that Ally and Durranty don't like to hang about at training or what passes for training (never thought I would get passes on the same page as training :lol: ) it will take a seismic shift to alter things at The Rangers.

:lol:

Really? Can't say I've heard that about Coisty and durranty. But based on the performances I'd say it's evident that things need re-worked.

I agree (tu) the atmosphere has been great and the fans are really united. It's great being back at Ibrox. :21:

I imagine your right - the new surroundings and div3 parks will have a bearing on the slow start to the season, but I don't think that's a good enough excuse for the general lack of movement/passing/ability on the park and the lack of direction off it (tu)

Like most - I'm more than prepared to let ally work through it, he deserves time..... But he needs to address these issues soon

I'm totally with you on this.. Lets give him till the end of the year.. He has saved the club (tu)

I'm totally with you on this.. Lets give him till the end of the year.. He has saved the club (tu)

The man who saved the club will decide on the allotment of time if and when it runs out he has his investors to consider, no man is bigger than the club. :cgreen:

Are you saying that McCoist and Durrant are pissing about here?

Not taking the job seriously?

Not trying their best?

Fucking off as early as they can?

Explain the bold...!!!!!!!

You seem to think you know something, or is it just your outside opinion ?

Some of our players need to work on Shhoting Technique, and dead ball skills .

I havent seen a Free kick scored since early last season Jelavic.

Its patently obvious we need to up our Tactics and Techniques.More Time on the Training Pitch required.

It More looks like the standard of player to me.... hope it changes, fast.

Expecting too much, too soon , maybe ?

Remember too, a few seasons ago we attended the UEFA Cup Final... these guys now employed ..... can only dream... not anywhere near the same standard of player.

Worrying thing is... the guys we ARE playing... are up against part-timers.

Things as I said, need to change.

Ally will sort it.

Certainly agroe with your first paragraph; also having been behind dugout when Durrant "managed " the reserves I would say he could contribute nothing tactically. Again I have only read about Sinclair from people who do not rate him here but would say all the youngsters who have come through recently; Wilson,Ness,McCabe,Hutton,McKay,McLeod have better movement,control,passing ability than the established players over the past few years and Sinclair surely has nothing to do with the tactics of the first team on away days.

Is it football philosophy and tactics or attitude of the players which have resulted in the poor performances against lower quality opposition,not just this season but in cup games for the past 4 or 5 seasons, or basic lack of respect for the manager who now seems constantly baffled by away performances,first half performances,lack of tempo?

I've spoken to people about Gradi before. Guy has a history of great youth development that's kept that club alive for years. Hugely respected in the English game . He's been offered posts at bigger clubs and always refused, don't know if he likes absolute control over the whole coaching side or if he's just a Crewe fan at heart.

Don't want to get rid of Super, still think he's the man who should be given the chance to take us forward, but youth development needs revamp. Gradi would be great but he works as a long term solution so no quick fix plus he wouldn't come here anyway. Don't know much about Sinclair other than him & Super go way back.