We have the best facilities by far, why are the failing to produce

ray

What sort of training agenda do we have apart from one that finishes before midday, so chaps can have haircuts and driving lessons, get some discipline instilled into them and make the players and "coaching ?" staff earn their inflated 3rd division wages.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now is really the time to be investing in coaches.

We cant sign anyone for something like 12 months (or is it 16 because of the transfer windows?) so we need to make the best of what we have.

Didn't the likes of Laudrup offer to work for us?

What if he is as useless as what we currently have? Durrant was an incredible player but is a very poor coach. Ally was a brilliant striker but is clearly struggling with management. We need proven coaches, coaches who have previous for developing players. We don't have that.

Nobody can deny the facilities are top notch, I also genuinely believe the players love being there and stay behind after training to work on fitness or team building..... Which is great, it's certainly needed (tu) .... But....

What certainly isn't happening is a decent footballing phillosophy being instilled into players. There's no cultured approach to the game, there's no genuine game plan or tactics being implemented, there's no movement or understanding of each other. A lot of these things can be attributed to a new team trying to gel..., but that shouldn't excuse the previous few years of the SAME coaching team, that as yet, I haven't seen any marked improvement in standard or a footballing approach being implemented.

I don't think ally, as a manager, has as much input as he should. If he can't see the issues that have been around for alot longer than this year then he should get his jotters. It's hard to say if he realises what needs to be done or not - I hope he does for his sake as I'd love if he was a successful Rangers manager. We need to address these issues and as a Rangers fan I feel it should be a requirement to highlight these discrepancies.

In the short term - coaching needs a revamp. We're becoming a backwater. I don't think any of the back room team have the ability to instill a passing and movement style of football. Which is surprising considering Durranty is there and he was a VERY technical footballer. It should be even more evident when we play on these small parks with part time teams - we have LESS ground to cover when we should be pressing and a shorter easier pass, we shouldn't tire yet we seem to so the exact opposite.

Sorry for the wall of text. I've needed to get it off my chest.

What if he is as useless as what we currently have? Durrant was an incredible player but is a very poor coach. Ally was a brilliant striker but is clearly struggling with management. We need proven coaches, coaches who have previous for developing players. We don't have that.

(tu)

I'd rep you if I wasn't on my phone - I'll rep you later :lol:

Nobody can deny the facilities are top notch, I also genuinely believe the players love being there and stay behind after training to work on fitness or team building..... Which is great, it's certainly needed (tu) .... But....

What certainly isn't happening is a decent footballing phillosophy being instilled into players. There's no cultured approach to the game, there's no genuine game plan or tactics being implemented, there's no movement or understanding of each other. A lot of these things can be attributed to a new team trying to gel..., but that shouldn't excuse the previous few years of the SAME coaching team, that as yet, I haven't seen any marked improvement in standard or a footballing approach being implemented.

I don't think ally, as a manager, has as much input as he should. If he can't see the issues that have been around for alot longer than this year then he should get his jotters. It's hard to say if he realises what needs to be done or not - I hope he does for his sake as I'd love if he was a successful Rangers manager. We need to address these issues and as a Rangers fan I feel it should be a requirement to highlight these discrepancies.

In the short term - coaching needs a revamp. We're becoming a backwater. I don't think any of the back room team have the ability to instill a passing and movement style of football. Which is surprising considering Durranty is there and he was a VERY technical footballer. It should be even more evident when we play on these small parks with part time teams - we have LESS ground to cover when we should be pressing and a shorter easier pass, we shouldn't tire yet we seem to so the exact opposite.

Great post.

Winning the league is not in doubt, that is a given. Our long term progression as a club and team is what is paramount.

Exactly. It's the long term progression and planning that's my issue and I imagine it's the same for alot of unhappy bears.

We can't compete with any top team and that's down to money AND coaching.... We also struggle to beat European minnows and that's purely down to coaching.

It takes time (tu) ...... But its plain to a man with half an eye that the direction isn't there and that fundamentaly comes down to the coaching staff, the manager and the relationship between those two sets of people.

It needs reworked - and I hope it does for ally's sake

Exactly. It's the long term progression and planning that's my issue and I imagine it's the same for alot of unhappy bears.

We can't compete with any top team and that's down to money AND coaching.... We also struggle to beat European minnows and that's purely down to coaching.

It takes time (tu) ...... But its plain to a man with half an eye that the direction isn't there and that fundamentaly comes down to the coaching staff, the manager and the relationship between those two sets of people.

It needs reworked - and I hope it does for ally's sake

Spot on.

Whit fuckin planet are you on. :lol: :lol: doh doh :lol: