We have the best facilities by far, why are the failing to produce

ray

Sorry for the double post. Meant t say Dario Gradi has great record & respect for youth development at Crewe and kept that club going for years. He's been offered jobs at bigger clubs and always refused so he won't come here despite our size and facilities.

Super still the man to take us forward. But youth policy needs a revamp. Don't know anything about Sinclair other than him and Super go way back

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant wait to read the disloyalty reaction if we actually lose a game this year! No pressure Ally!

For a support that write pages about traitors and why we need people who will stay with the cause some fans reactions this early in the season smacks of base hypocrisy

Ally McCoist bleeds Rangers Football Club. He's had a summer like no other manager in our history has had.

That buys him time.

That is all.

Agreed - and that time is a lot more that a few matches.

(BTW did you just step out of the shower - a thought you had died (Dallas 70's) An not sure welcome back is the right tone - so Hiyaa !!:sherlock:

What sort of training agenda do we have apart from one that finishes before midday, so chaps can have haircuts and driving lessons, get some discipline instilled into them and make the players and "coaching ?" staff earn their inflated 3rd division wages.

Under 19's and above McCoist

Below the rat Sinclair

Shambles of a training system, total mistake that Adams wasallowed to leave, he may have been useful to the present manager who is slowly sinking

Agreed - and that time is a lot more that a few matches.

(BTW did you just step out of the shower - a thought you had died (Dallas 70's) An not sure welcome back is the right tone - so Hiyaa !!:sherlock:

Fuxsake, I must've been missed right enough. Three days (tops) I've been gone and the 'welcome back' signs are up everywhere. :sherlock:

I was 'resting' whilst things cooled down - and - whilst 'things' sorted themseleves out.

If it's any comfort, I met Bobby Ewing during my miniscule sabbatical....he was wandering around Lanarkshire (on the grass verge of the M74 as it happens) wearing hee-haw but a towel and holding a smoking gun.

He claimed he'd just "nodded off". :sherlock:

Cant wait to read the disloyalty reaction if we actually lose a game this year! No pressure Ally!

For a support that write pages about traitors and why we need people who will stay with the cause some fans reactions this early in the season smacks of base hypocrisy

The reaction that counts is the one from the man who saved the club, how much rope he allows will depend on £££ signs nothing more nothing less, when it comes to being ruthless he needs no teachers.

Fuxsake, I must've been missed right enough. Three days (tops) I've been gone and the 'welcome back' signs are up everywhere. :sherlock:

I was 'resting' whilst things cooled down - and - whilst 'things' sorted themseleves out.

If it's any comfort, I met Bobby Ewing during my miniscule sabbatical....he was wandering around Lanarkshire (on the grass verge of the M74 as it happens) wearing hee-haw but a towel and holding a smoking gun.

He claimed he'd just "nodded off". :sherlock:

We missed you cause we love you (in a man love - no gayness sort of way!) :sherlock:

Are you saying that McCoist and Durrant are pissing about here?

Not taking the job seriously?

Not trying their best?

Fucking off as early as they can?

Explain the bold...!!!!!!!

You seem to think you know something, or is it just your outside opinion ?

did the Australian Matt McKay criticise Rangers training under Ally? or was that just a made up rumour.

What time do the players report for training each day and when do they leave?

Practice makes perfect, or is this to simple a solution?

I definitely think this is something that should be addressed as our training in a tactical, technical and physical sense seems to me like it needs more work.

The thing about your statement is though that practice only makes "perfect" if you are doing the right things...If as some have suggested we are not doing the right things in training then it really makes no difference how much we train.

I agree fully with others that we need some fresh ideas in our approach to training and games and I would like to see a new 1st team coach come in and work with Ally. There also has to be a complete overhaul in our youth development because from what I've heard we are stuck in the dark ages with our methods for training and development. I was so hopeful that these things would be addressed but unless someone can tell me different it seems like we are still going with the same tired approach.

Whatever opinions are posted on this site you can bet that Charles Green will also have a strong view on this. So maybe having done all we can to keep players and get new ones for the transfer window some attention might turn to getting the best out of them and the coaching team or to add some new experienced fresh thinkers to the coaching team. I certainly hope so.

Seems to me we are paying too much respect to teams away from home, almost as though we are grateful for the game.

I'd like to see coaching produce more direct play - bee line to goal attitudes; much higher levels of ruthlessness in creating and taking scoring opportunities and in regaining the ball; and stronger visible leadership in defence to get it sorted. If the current coaching system can't produce some of that in quick order then maybe Charles does need some folk who can deliver. And in management terms - there is a job to be done to win the league so lets get much more serious about this with the evidence being away wins and do it in style. Start to send out more of the home game message that we are on the march and teams that we meet will meet a Rangers team growing in power.

Since it is well known that Ally and Durranty don't like to hang about at training or what passes for training (never thought I would get passes on the same page as training :lol: ) it will take a seismic shift to alter things at The Rangers.

Are you saying they are both negligent at their jobs?

Much more serious accusation than saying they can't do their jobs which some have alluded to.

What do you back this statement up with?

Players are full time in name only. Most DO leave around middday, after a 1000 start.

And it's fair to say that after a jog and a wee kick about, there's little by way of tactical work, set pieces etc.

Mostly just the younger boys working on.

If we're winning every game, fine, but we're not so until we are it should be double sessions ( as in full time ).

And the lack of pre-season hasn't helped either.

Ally's got the talent there, he just needs to train them longer and more tactically until results and performances aare where they should be.

Sorry for the double post. Meant t say Dario Gradi has great record & respect for youth development at Crewe and kept that club going for years. He's been offered jobs at bigger clubs and always refused so he won't come here despite our size and facilities.

Super still the man to take us forward. But youth policy needs a revamp. Don't know anything about Sinclair other than him and Super go way back

I'm fully aware of Gardi's commitment to Crewe. I was simply using him as an exampel of a youth team coach who has had fantastic results despite only having a fraction of the resources that we do.

I think the team Ally set out yesterday was the right one with the players that are available I posted as such in the match thread with only faure an perry swapping positions, right that is up until it came to the substitutes bench.

Lets face it the visit of rangers to these teams with all respect is akin to a cup tie and we are all aware that on these smaller pitches with the motivation of the teams involved has always proved problematic to even the best of teams.

These teams are going to use the tried and tested tactics of packing the centre of the midfield and making themselves difficult to beat hoping to snatch the odd goal and hopefully victory and from their point of view you can hardly blame them.

With templeton on one side and mckay on the other we had the width at the start to cause Annan problems. Unfortunately that plan was scuppered 10 minutes in when templeton was injured and was replaced by sandaza who is clearly struggling for form and certainly isn't going to provide any width.

For my money if there was a player that was going to be injured it was most likely to be one of three player namely templeton, shiels or mckay and there was no replacement such as young stella for example to take his place. This position was taken up by more experienced players who are yet to deliver as it were on the field of play.

What ever happened to the days of a player having to show good form in the reserves before he got a place in the first team. As I understand it stella had a reasonable game against Annan reserves and yet spaces on the bench are taken up with the likes of kyle and sandaza. So we end up with the situation of having McCulloch up front and kyle and sandaza as replacements for him with no wide mifielder which in games against these smaller teams players which can make use of the less congested areas which are usually on the wings are at a premium.

Maybe Ally needs to sacrifice one of the defensive midfielders or switch to 3,5,2 in order to get support closer to jig if we are going to keep persisting with punting long balls up the pitch I don't know but certainly something needs to be done because you can't expect fans to keep paying out for yet another poor performance away from home.

Matt McKay hit the nail on the head just after he left. He said that all we did is play practice games then went back home. I remember him also saying it was surprising there was NO technical skills development at all and that set piece training was just once a week.

These guys are on high wages and should be working morning and afternoon sessions.

Matt McKay hit the nail on the head just after he left. He said that all we did is play practice games then went back home. I remember him also saying it was surprising there was NO technical skills development at all and that set piece training was just once a week.

These guys are on high wages and should be working morning and afternoon sessions.

Freeloaders is a more apt description.

I have just watched Sir Chris Hoy take a bow in Edinburgh this afternoon, possibly the greatest sportsman that Scotland has ever produced.

The main reason for his success was dedication to training to the extent he was physically sick following some of his training sessions.

Maybe our guys should be taking a leaf out of his book.

Players are full time in name only. Most DO leave around middday, after a 1000 start.

And it's fair to say that after a jog and a wee kick about, there's little by way of tactical work, set pieces etc.

Mostly just the younger boys working on.

If we're winning every game, fine, but we're not so until we are it should be double sessions ( as in full time ).

And the lack of pre-season hasn't helped either.

Ally's got the talent there, he just needs to train them longer and more tactically until results and performances aare where they should be.

The hours the players train isnt new. This has been going on for years. PLG complained about it.

Guess who, his team must be pish they train twice a day and sometimes three.

Do you think your style and demeanour on the touchline influences your players?

I think the most important thing in our job is what you do before the match, not during it. The way we work during the week, the way we prepare for the matches, the way the players go onto the pitch. When the players are on the pitch the communication with the players is not much. Many times it is a fake communication because the managers are on the touchline screaming and gesticulating and jumping around and because of the noise and the pressure the players don’t understand what their manager is saying. The most important thing is what you do during the week and before the match. Of course during the match you have half-time to try to make an influence and you have changes and decisions to make but the way you dress, the way you behave, the way you walk, the way you are seated in the dug-out – I don’t think it’s important.

We are missing a fantastic opportunity here to develop a different brand of football that has sadly been lacking since the Advocaat days. Yes there's pressure to win every game when managing Rangers but we've a wage bill in the millions against part timers ffs and the football we're playing is woeful. Yes, we're unbeaten and sit one point behind the top but does anyone think we've played well in any game for a prolonged period?? I've been at the home games and we've been crap then too. The away games have been some of the worst performances EVER by a Rangers team. It's unacceptable even this early in the season.

As soon as Martinez went to Swansea, their style of football was changed for the better and within a couple of seasons he moved to the Premiership because of that style. The club then followed the tradition by having Rogers adopt the same style. If we developed that now, by the time we were back in the top tier, we'd have a club that was playing a brand of football we all wanted to see and was too good for the shite that's already in that league. It doesn't take decades to change - Wenger changed the "Arsenal 1-0" style within a season. Yes, better calibre of player but our calibre is miles better than the rest of our league.

That comes down to the manager's philosophy and the way the players are coached - which has been spoken about in various posts here. Ally deserves time for what he's been through as the figurehead of our club for the last year but it's becoming more and more apparent that what is there isn't good enough.

You could build the best factory in the world but the output will only be good in terms of quality and quantity when the staff is of a high standard and the raw materials are right.

Do our coaches develop players? Do we have players coming through who can evidence the work of the coaches?