The question is.....why does Alastair need defending.

ray

The question is, why when 75% of the threads on this place are promoting 'changes' in one way or another, and criticising the manager, do those who join in the criticism feel like they are the victims?

No, the question is why does Alastair need defending.

You never actually state why he deserves more time or say what has impressed you about his 16 months in charge. You just blindly defend him, without even considering the countless relevant points many people make.

The thing is, people like the guy you quoted are probably like myself. We followed our team through thick & thin in the lean years during the early 80's when it was attendances of 12-15,000. We don't blindly follow, we support our team. I don't want to get into an argument mate, cause after all, we all want the same for our team. I know, its getting really hard to defend Ally, & no-one else would get the time he's had, but who would really come & take over? Personally, I would ask Ally to swallow his pride & get Walter back in to help him.

I think talk of sacking Ally is far too premature. Admittedly I haven't been up this season to see Rangers, but his position is exceptionally difficult no matter how you look at it. This team started the season as strangers to each other and further changes have been made since then. That will change over the next couple of months and while I think we'll struggle in away games I have no doubt we'll win the league and be promoted.

Since he came in, Ally's been faced with a series of massive obstacles, and I want him to be given time to get it right, and depending on circumstances, failure to get promoted wouldn't necessarily be reason enough to sack him. For me, Green is the problem I understand many disagree, but I have yet to feel good about this guy and nothing he's done has made me think I'm being harsh. He's tuned in to fan sentiment, and regurgitated what he thinks we want to hear. I don't buy it and I want to know what he has planned.

No, the question is why does Alastair need defending.

I kinda get you.. 99% of bears follow his every statement.. And he did.. Without doubt.. (after the SWS consortium fiasco).. Come out in support of Greene.. To save the club.. Was first to say he'd buy a season ticket.. in a "heartbeat".. He needs defending because he can manage the club.. not the team.. Mega neg reps coming up!!

He needs defending because some people are hello bent on seeing him sacked. He needs defending because people have a belief that we should be walking every single match with no consideration made for poor form. He needs defended because some bears want to join timmy in the car park

He needs defending because some people are hello bent on seeing him sacked. He needs defending because people have a belief that we should be walking every single match with no consideration made for poor form. He needs defended because some bears want to join timmy in the car park

If that was only this season i'd agree.. But hey we should maybe give him till January.. There has been so much crap in his managerial career.. Ok.. No more dramatics.. Sit back.. chill.. And support the bears 100%.. I can do that.. (tu)

I think the reason Ally needs defended is that he is a legend and loved by probably every Rangers fan, and is being turned on by a % of fans now. I think he should be given more time, but that is down to loyalty to the guy for his stance for our club.

I can see why a lot of fans are starting to grumble, because the football has not been great to watch. I would like to see a more expansive game from us, more free flowing football, then I think the fans would give him more time if they could see we were at least trying to a play more modern game, then we would accept it would take a bit of time.

I also think the coaching looks to be far from adequate, I just cant figure out what they are doing, considering the facilities we have. They just stand on the touchline looking clueless, I dont think they are a great help to Ally, well thats the way it looks anyway.

As I say I love Ally and would like to give him more time, but I am starting to fear for his position with all the rumblings Im starting to hear.

But if anything does happen with Ally then it must be done correctly, and handled with the greatest care and dignity possible, and he must not be allowed to leave the club completely, there must be a place for him at the club, thats the least he deserves, because he is now my (and probably a few other Bears) favourite Ranger of all time. :superally: :praise: :praise: :praise:

You never actually state why he deserves more time or say what has impressed you about his 16 months in charge. You just blindly defend him, without even considering the countless relevant points many people make.

Sixteen months?? is not a long time to sort out a complete 'cluster-fuck'.

When we signed McCoist as a player there were many in the support who wanted him gone after around the same time period. Thankfully no one listened to them and the rest is history.

I don't believe there is a 'right' or 'wrong' amount of time to give him to turn things around but neither the fans nor CG have infinite patience.

My own view would be give Ally till Christmas to improve the playing style, attitude and results. Not saying we need to be winning every game by a large margin. But we need to be playing better football and see a marked improvement in away results.

These are achievable objectives.

Ally - 'you got a minute to winit'.

The debt we owe him for the last 7 months is immeasurable, he literally held the club together in it's absolute darkest days, he worked for nothing, he took the strain on our behalf, and his contribution will be spoken of 100 years from now. The least we owe him is a bit of patience to turn this around.

I really don't know why people want to ignore the very real and very real problems we face and, indeed, are still facing and just focus on Ally. It's completely unfair on the man.

'Why does Ally need defending' What a breathtakingly stupid question. Why does it even need explained?

"No man is gtreater than the great" but Ally deserves respect, not blind loyalty or silly deluded support, proper honest respect. He is a hero to us all, a club legend and a very nice man. He has done nothing to deserve abuse, his only crime is being thrust into a job he was not ready for, for that i cannot blame Ally. That was Murrays doing, indeed even Walter needs to take a share of the blame. The easy, cheap and sometimes obvious choice is not always the best.

The debt we owe him for the last 7 months is immeasurable, he literally held the club together in it's absolute darkest days, he worked for nothing, he took the strain on our behalf, and his contribution will be spoken of 100 years from now. The least we owe him is a bit of patience to turn this around.

I really don't know why people want to ignore the very real and very real problems we face and, indeed, are still facing and just focus on Ally. It's completely unfair on the man.

'Why does Ally need defending' What a breathtakingly stupid question. Why does it even need explained?

You just have.........................biggrin.gif

Why does Alistair need defending, I see a breathtakingly stupid poster decide to explain that it does not need explained, but then decides it is completely unfair to focus on Alistair, perhaps this extremely leg-end in his own lunchtime poster should have read the rider attached to the OP title. (tu)

Why does Alastair need defending, is it because he is so good or something else entirely ? that we may have missed...completely.? :cgreen:

He needs defending because there are idiots who start wave after wave of negative McCoist threads all the time - in fact how many have you started over the last two days.

If people are going to have a pop at our manager - it is valid to defend him in that those of us who believe in him can have a pop back at the detractors on his behalf!

He needs defending because there are idiots who start wave after wave of negative McCoist threads all the time - in fact how many have you started over the last two days.

If people are going to have a pop at our manager - it is valid to defend him in that those of us who believe in him can have a pop back at the detractors on his behalf!

we said mate,,,that guy ray is just a fucking idiot,,,

I haven't started any negative Alistair threads unless you know better, unless of course asking perfectly valid questions is seen by you as negative, some people would call that censorship of the worst kind. ostrichiq4.gif

I haven't started any negative Alistair threads unless you know better, unless of course asking perfectly valid questions is seen by you as negative, some people would call that censorship of the worst kind. ostrichiq4.gif

OK could you not have kept ALL of you questioning of Ally's ability to one of the many threads already in place ? including the ones you started ? and inculding this one?

OK could you not have kept ALL of you questioning of Ally's ability to one of the many threads already in place ? including the ones you started ? and inculding this one?

Dear me not like you to deflect when your statements are found to be no more than trolling, let me ask you again which negative Ally threads have I started, show one post where I have called for his head, I take it you will be gone a long time for ever hopefully, lying will never win you anything you always get found out as you well know. :craphead:

Dear me not like you to deflect when your statements are found to be no more than trolling, let me ask you again which negative Ally threads have I started, show one post where I have called for his head, I take it you will be gone a long time for ever hopefully, lying will never win you anything you always get found out as you well know. :craphead:

listen bawbag you might have or might not have started any threads but your a well known ally hater who brands anyone who defends against what you say a tarrier,so the bottom line is your a fucking idiot,by the looks of it your whole life revolves around RM,,i mean you average 14 posts a day since april and about 8 topics a week since april,,,,me thinks you need to get a burd mate and stop wanking over your topics,,,either that or your stalking someone on here,,either way your a idiot

listen bawbag you might have or might not have started any threads but your a well known ally hater who brands anyone who defends against what you say a tarrier,so the bottom line is your a fucking idiot,by the looks of it your whole life revolves around RM,,i mean you average 14 posts a day since april and about 8 topics a week since april,,,,me thinks you need to get a burd mate and stop wanking over your topics,,,either that or your stalking someone on here,,either way your a idiot

What are you doing polluting another thread, must be your tarrier need to feel wanted or the wish to be a Bear rather than a trolling gray and shite hoopy priest sucker and wide receiver, shouldn't you be worrying a table leg or some other wooden icon.

The strangest thing is you confuse me with some one who gives a fuck about your taig views, you obviously have no idea of the word ignore or buttons. Taig school explains it in a bead rattlers way. :wanker:

What are you doing polluting another thread, must be your tarrier need to feel wanted or the wish to be a Bear rather than a trolling gray and shite hoopy priest sucker and wide receiver, shouldn't you be worrying a table leg or some other wooden icon.

The strangest thing is you confuse me with some one who gives a fuck about your taig views, you obviously have no idea of the word ignore or buttons. Taig school explains it in a bead rattlers way. :wanker:

there you go again ,,,,disagree with you and you play the tarrier card,,,,,what a wanker,,,mate im more of a bluenose than youll ever be,,,