Who will do a better job with current resources?

Albertz85

I'm as annoyed as anyone else at recent results but are the names touted on here really going to do better than McCoist?

Paulo Sergio? Give us a break. Have seen people like billy Davies and even Roberto Martinez mentioned on this site (what planet are you on?) and Stuart McCall who is roughly the same managerial experience as ally.

Think he deserves till Xmas at the very least. Itself stayed when others walked. There are stormy times still ahead but personally, I dnt think we will do any better, with the limited resources we have (i.e clowns like Kevin Kyle).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mind it's SFL3 and not the Champion's League,we have the players there and if they're injured the boys should be brought in.

We have better resources than everyone else in the division and QOS so not going to entertain that talk.

Not calling for Ally's head either but immediate improvement is needed.

Mind it's SFL3 and not the Champion's League,we have the players there and if they're injured the boys should be brought in.

We have better resources than everyone else in the division and QOS so not going to entertain that talk.

Not calling for Ally's head either but immediate improvement is needed.

Agreed mate, as you hav said there though, just don't see how an immediate replacement is the answer.

Stuart McCall has Motherwell playing a very good passing game. Good width in that Motherwell team giving plenty of service to the strikers. I think Rangers have the players to play a similar system of play and I'm sure McCall would take the Rangers job if offered it.

As an added bonus - What a massive fuck you it would be to the SPL to get the manager of the team sitting top of their league and bring him to the 3rd Division.

For one reason or another we seem incapable of playing a passing game, keeping the ball, and fashioning out chances for ourselves. We're playing long ball stuff which isn't so much a tactic as it is hit and hope. The keeper is just banging it up the park, handing possession back to the opposition, and inviting pressure back on ourselves. The warning signs were there when we signed Kyle.

Even last season when we had Jelavic, who is probably the best striker to have played in Scotland since Larsson, we hit long balls at him. Jelavic asked for delivery from the wings because he was so good in the air but he never got it. Jelavic was isolated up top and was basically asked to win the ball, make and create his own chances, and score goals. Which fair play to him he did. But we don't have players of that quality anymore and big long punts won't work with Kyle because he can't do the things Jelavic can.

It's just not happening under McCoist, it never has. If we were a work in progress then I could forgive him but I don't think we are. I think our players are the victim of bad coaching and shit tactics. I think we need to change the manager and coaching staff completely and start again. Try to develop a slick attacking passing game (we have three years to do it) that will see us take teams apart as we rise up the divisions. At the end of the day the fans want to see good football. There's always a place for McCoist at the club, just not as manager.

As for Gough - heard him speak for 40mins at Ibrox during the legends tour a few weeks back. He really knows his stuff and when asked if he'd like to come back to Rangers as a coach he said "I'd love to".

Ally McCoist, he can literally do a better job than he's doing right now.

He's his own worst enemy at the minute, making the same, daft mistakes over and over again and trying to be Walter instead of taking a chance and being his own man.

Until he starts showing signs that he's at least learning while on the job the doubts about his managerial ability wont go away, no matter how good our home form is.

Fuck these threads. They are nothing but a pain in the arse.

McCoist stays, end of. For people saying things like "It's just not happening under McCoist, it never has" Get a fucking grip. There has been no stability at the club in the last year until now.

The man deserves a chance and he stuck by us.

It's September for Christ sake! Why all the panic?

Fuck these threads. They are nothing but a pain in the arse.

McCoist stays, end of. For people saying things like "It's just not happening under McCoist, it never has" Get a fucking grip. There has been no stability at the club in the last year until now.

The man deserves a chance and he stuck by us.

It's September for Christ sake! Why all the panic?

Because as far as i'm concerned there has been little or no sign of improvement on the pitch.

As i've said countless times on here and to friends, I love Ally and appreciate him standing by us but surely we have a right to judge him just as a manager - something he's been doing for over a season.

Because as far as i'm concerned there has been little or no sign of improvement on the pitch.

As i've said countless times on here and to friends, I love Ally and appreciate him standing by us but surely we have a right to judge him just as a manager - something he's been doing for over a season.

For me, something he hasn't had a fair chance to do for over a season. Started fairly well, then came administration. People need to get behind the team and stop being so quick to judge and try and get people sacked. Its pitiful.

We've played 10 competitive games this season, won 6, drawn 3, and lost 1. We're playing against some of the worst teams in the country with a group of SPL quality players. We should be doing better. Results aside, we should be playing better football. Motherwell could come to Ibrox next week and play us off the park. We're a very average team at the moment let's not kid ourselves.

Ally McCoist, he can literally do a better job than he's doing right now.

He's his own worst enemy at the minute, making the same, daft mistakes over and over again and trying to be Walter instead of taking a chance and being his own man.

Until he starts showing signs that he's at least learning while on the job the doubts about his managerial ability wont go away, no matter how good our home form is.

Tuesday casts some doubt on the home form even being a saving grace now, we'll need to see how Montrose goes.

We've played 10 competitive games this season, won 6, drawn 3, and lost 1. We're playing against some of the worst teams in the country with a group of SPL quality players. We should be doing better. Results aside, we should be playing better football. Motherwell could come to Ibrox next week and play us off the park. We're a very average team at the moment let's not kid ourselves.

It's a whole new team mate. You don't just get a whole team of players and hope for the best. They need to figure out each others game.

It's a whole new team mate. You don't just get a whole team of players and hope for the best. They need to figure out each others game.

Just don't buy into that. New players, yes it takes time to gel, but there are little or no signs of a change in style, we should be looking at the very least, the better, more composed, better technical side in all the games we've had up to now.

Just don't buy into that. New players, yes it takes time to gel, but there are little or no signs of a change in style, we should be looking at the very least, the better, more composed, better technical side in all the games we've had up to now.

Well I guess we are just going to have to wait and see. As much as some fans seem to want it, Ally is going nowhere. And rightly so.

Motherwell lost 9 first-team players in the summer and had to bring through youth players. They can't afford to sign the type of player we can. McCall even said their transfer activity had to be shelved.

Look at how well they're doing, top of the SPL. Know why, because they play good attacking football.

For me, something he hasn't had a fair chance to do for over a season. Started fairly well, then came administration. People need to get behind the team and stop being so quick to judge and try and get people sacked. Its pitiful.

This gets me everytime.

People are behind the team,some fans like you have just decided that criticism isn't warranted.

Well I guess we are just going to have to wait and see. As much as some fans seem to want it, Ally is going nowhere. And rightly so.

I don't want Ally to go and want him to carry us forward, however the results we're getting and the way we're playing is down to him.

This gets me everytime.

People are behind the team,some fans like you have just decided that criticism isn't warranted.

So you only BOLD the bits you want? I'm behind the team, I'm certainly not someone who boos them when things aren't working out.

Tell me why criticism is warranted? What other manager ever has had to go through the shit McCoist has?

Stuart McCall has Motherwell playing a very good passing game. Good width in that Motherwell team giving plenty of service to the strikers. I think Rangers have the players to play a similar system of play and I'm sure McCall would take the Rangers job if offered it.

As an added bonus - What a massive fuck you it would be to the SPL to get the manager of the team sitting top of their league and bring him to the 3rd Division.

For one reason or another we seem incapable of playing a passing game, keeping the ball, and fashioning out chances for ourselves. We're playing long ball stuff which isn't so much a tactic as it is hit and hope. The keeper is just banging it up the park, handing possession back to the opposition, and inviting pressure back on ourselves. The warning signs were there when we signed Kyle.

Even last season when we had Jelavic, who is probably the best striker to have played in Scotland since Larsson, we hit long balls at him. Jelavic asked for delivery from the wings because he was so good in the air but he never got it. Jelavic was isolated up top and was basically asked to win the ball, make and create his own chances, and score goals. Which fair play to him he did. But we don't have players of that quality anymore and big long punts won't work with Kyle because he can't do the things Jelavic can.

It's just not happening under McCoist, it never has. If we were a work in progress then I could forgive him but I don't think we are. I think our players are the victim of bad coaching and shit tactics. I think we need to change the manager and coaching staff completely and start again. Try to develop a slick attacking passing game (we have three years to do it) that will see us take teams apart as we rise up the divisions. At the end of the day the fans want to see good football. There's always a place for McCoist at the club, just not as manager.

As for Gough - heard him speak for 40mins at Ibrox during the legends tour a few weeks back. He really knows his stuff and when asked if he'd like to come back to Rangers as a coach he said "I'd love to".

Do not want Gough anywhere the rangers job. As a coach/manager he has achieved absolutely zilch. Why would we want an old rookie?

Instead of people listing names that are unattainable or undesirable, we should let people apply. Pick out the best candidates and interview them, and then hire the correct man. The calibre of manager we can attract will still be reasonably high.