James Mclean

No idea what all the fuss is about. Why would anyone want a proclaimed republican to wear a poppy?

Let's devalue the symbol by forcing fenian wankers to wear it.

Justifying his choice not to do so.

If you hadn't used this board for years you would be banned now. Apparently.

He doesn't have to wear it if he doesn't want to. For not doing so when he's based in England is the act of a dick, but that's just my take on it.

This is my take on it too. I support his right to his political positions, however repellent, and have no desire to see the poppy become mandatory (and therefore meaningless) but he's a shitebag for earning wage from the British people when he seems to hate them so much.

Were you not the one who was looking for parity with regard to toeing the party line?

No. Though I do think we should have a minimum level of respect on 11/11 for remembrance silences. You don't, seemingly.

Justifying his choice not to do so.

If you hadn't used this board for years you would be banned now. Apparently.

It would nice if McClean wasn't a bitter arsehole, but apparently he is, and such people should be allowed to out themselves as such, rather than encouraged to make an insincere pretence of respect towards people they really despise.

No. Though I do think we should have a minimum level of respect on 11/11 for remembrance silences. You don't, seemingly.

So, you think that nobody should be made to wear a Remembrance Poppy, but they should be made to stand in silence for a minute or two?

Inconsistent as ever.

I wouldn't expect nor want him to drop his pound in the tin to buy his own poppy but his employer put a poppy on their shirts to show respect and he couldn't even show enough common decency to wear it silently .

Disrespectful plain and simple

This pretty much sums it up for me.

It would nice if McClean wasn't a bitter arsehole, but apparently he is, and such people should be allowed to out themselves as such, rather than encouraged to make an insincere pretence of respect towards people they really despise.

It was a snide comment on my part, but aimed elsewhere. Apologies.

So, you think that nobody should be made to wear a Remembrance Poppy, but they should be made to stand in silence for a minute or two?

Inconsistent as ever.

I think nobody should be forced to wear a poppy, but if you're going to attend something where you know there's a silence, either don't go or respect it, yes. What's so challenging about that? And you said I was being deliberately obtuse.

I was wrong about that, you really don't understand the meaning behind the Poppy.

:lol: And again you devolve into insults about intelligence. Let's leave it for the other thread though, no sense cluttering up two with our bickering.

The mackems don't seem to be to impressed by the little fuckturd, there's nearly a 100 page thread about him 99.9 % of its posters all slating him for not only his decision not to wear a poppy in yesterday's game, but for generally being a little prick

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=741616

The mackems don't seem to be to impressed but the little fuckturd, there's nearly a 100 page thread about him 99.9 % of its posters all slating him for not only his decision not to wear a poppy in yesterday's game, but for generally being a little prick

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=741616

"The British army murdered 14 innocent people in James McClean's home city. I think that gives him enough of a reason to not to wear a poppy. People need to stop complaining it's his choice"

"We should never have bought you mate" :lol:

Regardless of his political position (do footballers even have these?) there will be loads of old boys around the club, so what harm in showing a bit of solidarity with them and wearing the poppy?

He sounds like a selfish bigot to me and FIFA need to get a grip on NI players playing for another country.

I love France, but doubt they would let me play for them.

Ps: love hairy armpits on a bird, so that's my political reason.

Regardless of his political position (do footballers even have these?) there will be loads of old boys around the club, so what harm in showing a bit of solidarity with them and wearing the poppy?

He sounds like a selfish bigot to me and FIFA need to get a grip on NI players playing for another country.

I love France, but doubt they would let me play for them.

Ps: love hairy armpits on a bird, so that's my political reason.

:lol:

What's the most ironic part of Mcleans little protest?

For me, it has to be his willingness to fund the British Army and live under their protection, and to live under the rule of our politicians/royal family, that command our forces. To reap the benefits of plying his trade in this country, for his own personal gain and take advantage of the opportunities presented to him by our people.

Nobody is forcing McLean to wear a poppy, it's his right not to... oh, those atrocities eh? Well, nobody is forcing him to live under british rule, nobody is forcing him to pay tax and contribute financially to our armed forces. Hypocrisy at it's finest.