Should John Greig now be asked to return to the Fold?

The Mongoose

A magnificent Rangers captain and a loyal true-blue,he should be treated with respect and looked after well every time he comes to Ibrox.

It is time now however for new blood to take our great club forward in these difficult and challenging times and I am sure that John would be the first to appreciate this.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On another forum, it's being said the man is not too well, now I for one will NOT turn on a man that has spent his whole life a Ranger. He is/was a great ambassador for the club and has done nothing wrong, while others cannot say the same? The mans a pensioner have some respect!

Can we have official conformation of this or is it just rumour?

Simple question.

The reason so many Bears tell stories about Greig's unpleasant behaviour is he lacks the intelligence to realise he should show humility. Here's an example:

I grew up in Troon in the 60s. The Marine Hotel was used regularly by Celtic plus by foreign teams when they played in away times in the Euro competitions. I always hoped Rangers would visit and finally, in early 1970, they did. Down I went with my autograph book and pen and waited eagerly outside. Eventually, the players emerged. I saw Greig, made a beeline for him and thrust book and pen into his hands. He started to write but the pen was scratchy in the cold air and it wouldn't write properly. What was the reaction of my hero, the man I looked up to more than anyone else? He tutted in annoyance, shoved pen and unsigned book back at me, said, "Son, can you not even get a pen that works?" and stalked off. I was not yet nine years old and he made me feel utterly ashamed of myself. It was some years before I realised what a complete cunt he'd been.

Greatest ever Ranger? If so, who the fuck is the worst?

CG seems to be adding to the board with guys who have some expertise or skill that can help move the club forward. Anyone on the payroll at Ibrox now needs to be playing an effective role and contributing to the clubs rejuvenation.

Sandy Jardine seems to be doing a good job as legend/ ambassador, Walter's there for the football know how/ contacts. What would John Greig contribute?

That said he is always going to be a part of Rangers history and should be welcomed back any time but not in an official 'working' capacity.