Third division clubs told to stop ripping off Rangers fans by SFL chief.

What do you mean? do you think we should have charged them more or less.

less surely, hosting a small contingent of away fans at ibrox cannot cost that much

we cannot moan being charged 20 quid by queens for the good seats at hampden when we charged them 17 bangers for the fucking broomloan corner

less surely, hosting a small contingent of away fans at ibrox cannot cost that much

we cannot moan being charged 20 quid by queens for the good seats at hampden when we charged them 17 bangers for the fucking broomloan corner

They should have been charged what we paid £16.

I genuinely don't mind paying the extra.

It is pure profiteering and exploitation, but rather the ticket money goes to these small clubs rather than the poison of the SPL.

Personally, I can't wait til the 29th when the Sky cameras are at a packed Hampden stadium full of the bears :D

I genuinely don't mind paying the extra.

It is pure profiteering and exploitation, but rather the ticket money goes to these small clubs rather than the poison of the SPL.

Personally, I can't wait til the 29th when the Sky cameras are at a packed Hampden stadium full of the bears :D

Just because these small clubs are in the SFL doesn't mean to say they don't hat us as much as the SPL.

Give them fuck all. I will only be going to Ibrox.

For those unwilling/unable to give them hits:

Third division clubs told to stop ripping off Rangers fans by SFL chief David Longmuir

26 Nov 2012 07:27

DAVID LONGMUIR was appalled to discover that Elgin had inflated their ticket price for the Rangers clash - a move which Queen's Park look set to follow next month.

SFL chief David Longmuir will warn Third Division clubs to stop ripping off Rangers fans after expressing his dismay at Elgin’s greed.

Longmuir slammed the Highlanders for putting profits before safety by selling at least 1200 more tickets than their capacity, forcing police to call off the game.

That will see them hammered with a heavy fine once the SFL investigation lands on Longmuir’s desk tomorrow. But he has also vowed to take other clubs to task for profiteering from the Rangers fans by hiking their prices whenever the Ibrox club come to town.

Elgin had raised their ticket prices by 50 per cent for yesterday’s ill-fated clash at Borough Briggs and now Queen’s Park are inflating the fees for their clash with Rangers next month.

The most expensive adult brief is usually £12 so Gers fans were angry to see tickets on sale at £15 and £20.

Longmuir said: “I’ll be taking steps to remind clubs of recommended minimum prices that we have always applied in Division Three. I will make that reminder as forceful as I can.

“I agree it’s profiteering. But we should not be profiteering at the expense of safety. That has to be the most important factor.

“I was dismayed when I heard about the situation at Elgin. I was fully briefed at all points about what was going on and we made a decision late on Friday to call the game off.

“That was 100 per cent about public safety. I’m confident SFL clubs in the Third Division are adequately prepared to cope with the crowd limits set.

“We put a lot of effort into preparation and planning. We put the same effort into this game as we would a cup final at Hampden.

“So I am more than comfortable about the league’s ability to cope with big crowds – provided clubs stick to what is allowable.

“On this occasion, that obviously wasn’t the case. This is a message to any club contemplating that kind of conduct that we won’t tolerate it.”

Longmuir refused to discuss the severity of the sanctions available but believes that whatever punishment is delivered, the fallout from this shambles has already made an example of Elgin.

He added: “I would hope any club contemplating that kind of thing should be completely dissuaded.

“That’s even before we deal with Elgin. We should not need to deal with them to make clubs realise that cannot happen.”

The decision by Queen’s Park to inflate their prices for the live Sky clash on December 29 has infuriated many Rangers fans.

But Spiders secretary Christine Wright yesterday hit back at claims they were ripping off Gers fans.

She said: “I’m aware some fans – home and away – are not happy but there are huge costs associated with this game. It’s a five-star FIFA stadium and there are all these regulations we have to adhere to. Policing is also at a level we don’t usually have at our games – and that’s just the beginning.

“There’s a cleaning bill in excess of £10,000, the cost of printing tickets and we must accommodate Sky TV and an increased number of media. We also usually have just one person selling match programmes.

“Despite the game being live on TV we don’t see that money, it goes to the SFL. You also have to take into account Rangers’ pricing strategy. When our fans went to Ibrox they paid £17 but we’re charging £15 and £20. What other event at Hampden would you get a South Stand seat for £20?

“There’s also a massive family section where a parent-and-child ticket is £16 so you’re paying just £1 to bring your child.

“People should also remember there isn’t a chairman sitting at the top who gets rich.

“We’re an amateur club and everything we get is invested back into Hampden and Lesser Hampden. So Scottish football benefits.”

But Andy Kerr, president of the Rangers Supporters Assembly, said: “I often hear the line that these clubs have increased costs.

“But they’re getting increased income with the larger numbers.

“Clubs need to be careful. We’ve energised the division and they shouldn’t take liberties. On the back of this Elgin fiasco clubs may start looking at their structure.

“There’s no need to be greedy. If a Scottish Cup tie comes around once in a blue moon then you can accept they’ve got to make the best of it but not when it’s bread and butter league games.”

Unfortunately gouging has been the norm for quite a few years, maybe it's time for the league governing body to place a cap on ticket prices to prevent it?

Can't complain about ticket prices this year, I can take myself and 2 of my kids for less than £30, compare that with nearly £60 last year.

Away grounds have only been to 3

Falkirk £15

Forres £15

Clyde £12

Don't think other away fans pay as much but still quite cheap.

For those unwilling/unable to give them hits:

Unfortunately gouging has been the norm for quite a few years, maybe it's time for the league governing body to place a cap on ticket prices to prevent it?

why, its called supply and demand, you know that the tickets are in high demand you have every right to try and get as much as possible for them

its business

why, its called supply and demand, you know that the tickets are in high demand you have every right to try and get as much as possible for them

its business

I believe there are certain pricing guidlines for the different divisions. I may be wrong.

We've charged every team roughly the same apart from cup games where the price has been slightly reduced.

QP have nearly doubled the price just for us.

Are you saying Hampden is a better than Ibrox? Good seats? Never sat in a good seat at Hampden. Shocking stadium.

They should be greatful we are taking so many to that dump, not greedy.

I wish I had the choice to be pissed at the prices! Not a season ticket holder so have no chance of a ticket. All teams are a business and can charge what they like - Christ, we've charged more for the bigger games ourselves.

If you don't want to pay, then let someone else get the ticket. Simples!

We've charged every team roughly the same apart from cup games where the price has been slightly reduced.

QP have nearly doubled the price just for us.

Are you saying Hampden is a better than Ibrox? Good seats? Never sat in a good seat at Hampden. Shocking stadium.

They should be greatful we are taking so many to that dump, not greedy.

south stand at hampden 20quid

broomloan corner 17 quid

we simply cannot complain, there are 15 quid tickets for bears available at hampden which is 2 quid cheaper than we charged queens fans

south stand at hampden 20quid

broomloan corner 17 quid

we simply cannot complain, there are 15 quid tickets for bears available at hampden which is 2 quid cheaper than we charged queens fans

Mr Beam, cannot agree more. Fuck, I probably won't be able to get a ticket, and I would gladly pay £20, nay, £25 for this game

Its all about the Benjamin's as a probably not so famous Rapper said.

its business

Yes, supply and demand is obviously a fundamental principle in trade however it doesn't give carte blanche to rip people off, there has to be a balance between profit and value. Taking a conservative estimate of 10k fans at hampden, that's between £150k and £200k income on tickets alone. take into consideration the sales of food and sundries and you can easily add another £25k+ to that. So you're looking at an average income of around £200k for that 1 match for QP. Match day costs and overheads wouldn't even be 25% of that. Taking all that into account, the demand is there, the supply is available....so where's the customer value?....other than getting to see the mighty Rangers of course :7325:

the demand is there, the supply is available....so where's the customer value?....other than getting to see the mighty Rangers of course :7325:

you said it yourself

we paid more to go to shiteholes like motherwell, or be pissed on by the rain at easter road, like it or not hampden is a better stadium than most SPL grounds, just cause we are in div 3 doesnt mean we shouldnt pay for the privelage to watch our team

thats my point, we really are shafting the smaller clubs in div 3, 17 quid to be papped in the broomloan corner in the 3rd division is fucking poor

Rangers must be ripping us off aswell then?

Don't see your point about being papped in the corner. A sit next to it in GF1 and like my seat and have sat in the Govan corner before and didn't mind there either.