New Elgin Date Set

LeeWallaceRFC

RANGERS’ trip to Elgin has been rearranged for Saturday, December 22 at 12.30pm – with the match against Annan moving forward 24 hours too as a result.

The original meeting with City was postponed on Friday evening after the Borough Briggs side sold more than 1,100 tickets too many for the game.

They were consequently fined £25,000 by the SFL last night, with £5,000 of that going to a charity of Gers’ choice.

Now a new date for the match has been set and with both sides free on the weekend before Christmas they will meet then.

As yet, no announcement has been made regarding whether or not that means the game will be on television.

ESPN had planned to show the game three days ago and given the rearranged fixture won’t start at 3pm, it is anticipated some news on that front will be

forthcoming.

The home match against Annan now moves forward to Tuesday, December 18 from the Wednesday, with the kick-off time of that match remaining 7.45pm.

http://www.rangers.c...elgin-date-set?

ach it'll no be on the telly - bummer - costly for Elgin as well.

Do you know personally it won't or did you ignore:

As yet, no announcement has been made regarding whether or not that means the game will be on television.

ESPN had planned to show the game three days ago and given the rearranged fixture won’t start at 3pm, it is anticipated some news on that front will be

forthcoming.

?

Bit of a bastard the game is moved forward to the Tuesday v Annan.

I'll be sitting in Holland then so getting a link to the game might be difficult, at least it's being played on a Saturday, so you'd imagine the chances are good that it will be TVised, but I don't know ESPN;s commitments for that weekend.

3 points for Rangers will suit me, whether I get to see it, or not.

Fuck sake, going to struggle to get to that midweek game now... Took the fucking day off on the Wednesday for it too

And here's the thing (with no offence intended).

Do you think that the SFL or either club actually considered the supporters with last-minute decisions such as this?

Do they fuck. They couldn't give a shit about your (or any of us) arrangements.

They live on a different planet than the rest of us.

As always it's the hard-pressed supporters (who fund the fucking game) who get shafted.

And here's the thing (with no offence intended).

Do you think that the SFL or either club actually considered the supporters with last-minute decisions such as this?

Do they fuck. They couldn't give a shit about your (or any of us) arrangements.

They live on a different planet than the rest of us.

As always it's the hard-pressed supporters (who fund the fucking game) who get shafted.

Of course they didnt... of course its unfortunate for me, the vast majority may still be able to go but I havent missed a league game in 6 or so years. I work Tuesday nights, might be able to start at 1am depending on how it busy it is

Just pencil in a sick-day for the Tuesday.

New nightshift Manager is a bluenose and my team leader is a bluenose, whilst they may have understanding, to an extent, they would hammer me for it because they would know why I was off :lol:

Fuck sake, going to struggle to get to that midweek game now... Took the fucking day off on the Wednesday for it too

Yeh, really pissed off about this as well. Took a days holiday for the Wednesday because of the rearrangement of this game. Now, I find out that they've changed the date again. Well to hell with that. Powers that be should NOT have arranged the Elgin game for the Saturday if it was going to affect another tie!! Really pissed off about this Rangers!!

Does this not make our fixture list a bit hectic over the xmas period?

I'm looking forward to the jaunt down the A9 on Boxing Day, then 3 days later, and then the 2nd January at Annan for a mid-dayish kickoff is just the cherry on the cake.

Just a pity this Elgin game is so close, makes it too easy to get to.

No fun in that.

Papers saying it won't be on TV but might be on RTV like East Stirling game

As if you care.....you'll be fucking swanning about Dubai in the scorching fucking heat wi' the sweat pishin' off yer' specs....while the rest of us mere mortals are stuck here in Shiverville as these cold Arctic winds batter fuck out of our wigs....and stuff. :ohmy:

Aye...away ye' go, ya' fuckin' sun worshipper!! :pipe: