Mike Ashley

stuart54

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I'm friggin sorry mate if I don't spend my life sitting in front of a keyboard. Point is.....I'm 51 years old and I've been going to Ibrox since I was 8 years old. It's always been Ibrox to me and I would not take kindly to some Geordie fella coming in and trying to rename MY stadium!! Fcuk his money if he wants to do that, I will not PROSTITUTE my club for any amount of money.

I also take great exception to guys like you who accuse people of being taigs just because they have an alternative view to you. I might not have an equivalent number of posts as you, but I happen to have a life outside of my pc. So fuck you, mate. W.A.T.P.

now thats a fucking post...

Oh, I'm friggin sorry mate if I don't spend my life sitting in front of a keyboard. Point is.....I'm 51 years old and I've been going to Ibrox since I was 8 years old. It's always been Ibrox to me and I would not take kindly to some Geordie fella coming in and trying to rename MY stadium!! Fcuk his money if he wants to do that, I will not PROSTITUTE my club for any amount of money.

I also take great exception to guys like you who accuse people of being taigs just because they have an alternative view to you. I might not have an equivalent number of posts as you, but I happen to have a life outside of my pc. So fuck you, mate. W.A.T.P.

Agreed

How's it selling history? At the end of the 3 year (for example) deal, it reverts back to Ibrox.

Yeah, that'll be it it'll just go back to being Ibrox. doh

Businessmen will see we don't put up a fight nor care if we ditch our stadium name so will continue to take advantage of it.

Where does it stop? Will some fans be ok changing colours for money to compete in the CL?

Yeah, that'll be it it'll just go back to being Ibrox.

Businessmen will see we don't put up a fight nor care if we ditch our stadium name so will continue to take advantage of it.

Where does it stop? Will some fans be ok changing colours for money to compete in the CL?

Thats a bit of a leap. but dont let facts get in the way of a bit of drama.

Buy your logic we should ditch all sponsorship and exist on prize money and ticket sales, after all TV income isnt exactly traditional nor was pitch side advertising.

We dont need the money anymore, we should be fcuking loaded with cash right now. Then after the share issue the coffers should be bulging. Whats the plans for all this investment is the real question, why does he feel we need to sell stadium rights. We have a wage bill of 6 -7 million there cant be to many overheads left. Season ticket sales and match day revenue more than cover this in fact must double it over a season.

Thats a bit of a leap. but dont let facts get in the way of a bit of drama.

Buy your logic we should ditch all sponsorship and exist on prize money and ticket sales, after all TV income isnt exactly traditional nor was pitch side advertising.

Comparing changing our stadium name to pitch side advertising, glad to see you hold it in such high regard.

Its hardly a bit of a leap either, its the next step. Its what a lot of money grabbing clubs in England will do next to compete.

We shouldn't aim to compete with them with the league we are in, its unsustainable and its what got us in this mess.

To be honest something is starting to get a bit iffy with all the money chasing we are doing. We have no debts apparantly and season ticket sales were amazing and we are filling ibrox near every game. Wage bill is very low.

CG is chasing money from everywhere right now when we are at our lowest league status of all time. We are easily self sufficent right now without selling ourselves short IMO. We should be chasing the share issue and sponsors when we are back in the top flight and in europe this way maximising our full potential. This is the problem we are facing with the investors that CG brought to the table they want a fast buck and they want it now not in 3yrs time when were back in the top flight.

To be honest something is starting to get a bit iffy with all the money chasing we are doing. We have no debts apparantly and season ticket sales were amazing and we are filling ibrox near every game. Wage bill is very low.

CG is chasing money from everywhere right now when we are at our lowest league status of all time. We are easily self sufficent right now without selling ourselves short IMO. We should be chasing the share issue and sponsors when we are back in the top flight and in europe this way maximising our full potential. This is the problem we are facing with the investors that CG brought to the table they want a fast buck and they want it now not in 3yrs time when were back in the top flight.

Apparently we are going to post a loss on our year end accounts.

Still no answer from anyone on why we need the money now?

Maybe its just because the deal is on offer now. Ashley strikes me as quite a shrewd businessman, renaming Ibrox whilst in SFL3 will be far cheaper than renaming it when we get to the Scottish Football League Premier Division.

Still no answer from anyone on why we need the money now?

I'd rather we start building our war chest now for when we are back at the top. Anyone who thinks waiting til then to get investment is naive at best. We have to be proactive. Standing still is not acceptable.

Maybe its just because the deal is on offer now. Ashley strikes me as quite a shrewd businessman, renaming Ibrox whilst in SFL3 will be far cheaper than renaming it when we get to the Scottish Football League Premier Division.

True. I have a feeling though Green has offered it to Ashley.

Charles Green is running Rangers as a business. Part of that is generating as much income and investment as possible. To say Charles is chasing money and whats he up to etc isnt justified imo. We still have another 2 years out the "top flight" after this season I'm sure if we go ahead with this then the money will come in handy over the next few years.

And for the record I would rather keep Ibrox as it is.

Why are we negotiating deals like this without consulting the fans?

Last time I looked we had a “HEALTHY BANK ACCOUNT” and in the 3rd division where money isn’t that much of a concern.

No wonder CG has been quiet....If we needed a huge investment in the bottom tier then what are we going to sell off when we get into euro again...

PISH......

Why are we negotiating deals like this without consulting the fans?

Last time I looked we had a “HEALTHY BANK ACCOUNT” and in the 3rd division where money isn’t that much of a concern.

No wonder CG has been quiet....If we needed a huge investment in the bottom tier then what are we going to sell off when we get into euro again...

PISH......

There will be no Euro football whilst Green is here.