***Scottish Cup 5th round draw***

Thommo

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

half of Ibrox ticket sales is better for US, didnt mention them at all,

half of thier ground isnt as good. so how is it the same home or away again....?

sounds like u'd rather boycott ibrox with this mentality

the more home ties we play the better for US, fuck Utd, let them care about themselves.

too many on here think us not going will break Utd for some reason, IT WONT!

can draw you a pictures if you like?

cracking school that was if half of 50000 is the same as 20000!!

A picture would help actually cause you have completely lost me, it actually looks like you are arguing the same point as me.

I said it would be the same SPLIT home or away. In that all money from tickets will be split 50-50. As a percentage, yes half of 50000 is the same as half of 20000. 50%. At no point did i claim the actual figure was the same, in fact my whole argument is based on the fact that figure not the same.

The point of the boycott is to prevent those who tried to kill us lining their pockets with our fans. If we drew them at Ibrox, they would reap massive profits as we would not be boycotting and they would earn 50% of 50'000 ticket sales

In short, why is it ok to give them 50% of 50'000 tickets but not give them 50% of 12'000 tickets?

People saying they don't want Rangers drawn against an spl team because they think we'll lose? Yes, that sounds cowardly to me.

Fans being realstic of where we are and wanting the best draws instead of difficult ones so we can progress is cowardly...

ooooook....

Fans being realstic of where we are and wanting the best draws instead of difficult ones so we can progress is cowardly...

ooooook....

Fear makes your fight stronger, its not a reason to avoid the fight.

I said you're cowards, I also said you'd call yourselves realists. I was half right at least. ;)

A picture would help actually cause you have completely lost me, it actually looks like you are arguing the same point as me.

I said it would be the same SPLIT home or away. In that all money from tickets will be split 50-50. As a percentage, yes half of 50000 is the same as half of 20000. 50%. At no point did i claim the actual figure was the same, in fact my whole argument is based on the fact that figure not the same.

The point of the boycott is to prevent those who tried to kill us lining their pockets with our fans. If we drew them at Ibrox, they would reap massive profits as we would not be boycotting and they would earn 50% of 50'000 ticket sales

In short, why is it ok to give them 50% of 50'000 tickets but not give them 50% of 12'000 tickets?

dont fucking annoy me with ur simple maths idiot.... 50% pfft

tell you what have 50% of nothing and I'll take 50% of something.

50% of Ibrox full is better for us - its easy

its nearly 40% TBH but dont let the fact cloud your judgement of this.

You said there was no difference betwwen a home game or away game, when indeed sir there is

a massive difference, in fact its a factor of 2.5, over twice as good to play at home for USn than play away

dont fucking annoy me with ur simple maths idiot.... 50% pfft

tell you what have 50% of nothing and I'll take 50% of something.

50% of Ibrox full is better for us - its easy

its nearly 40% TBH but dont let the fact cloud your judgement of this.

You said there was no difference betwwen a home game or away game, when indeed sir there is

a massive difference, in fact its a factor of 2.5, over twice as good to play at home for USn than play away

Simmer down. Are you that uneducated that unable to have a sensible discussion without resorting to insults? Clearly one if those guys who think nobody is entitled to their own opinions.

The purpose of the boycott, the whole reason it was suggested in the first place, was to prevent the scum of the SPL lining their pockets with our fan base. The biggest money spinners for them is a Scottish Cup tie at Ibrox a opposed to their own stadium where they will make, using your maths, 2.5 times as much (it's actually nearly 3.5 times as much TBH but don't let that fact cloud your judgement on this)

The reasons of a boycott is to stop THEM benefitting. You cannot then, when given a counter argument change that stance and say its not about them.

I'm all for a boycott, but to me it seems half hearted to only boycott the away games (where they won't make that much more than normal) and not to boycott the real money spinner which would be a cup tie at Ibrox. THAT would sting, THAT would be a statement, THAT would prevent them making almost 5 times what they make on a normal weekend as their attendances are nowhere near full.

It seems to me your whole point is based on the fact that 6000 ticket sales is an insignificant amount of money to us whereas 25000 sales would sink us, both of which are not true.

League games, I can see the point in an away game boycott and would back it 100%. Scottish Cup games, unless we would boycott Ibrox aswell, is a half hearted attempt at carrying out our threat.

Yeah, because Dundee Utd have thousands of fans just waiting for us to boycott, so they can snap up all the tickets. :lol:

You doubt that thousands of them will remember that they are United fans with the prospect of watching Rangers instead of the usual dross?

Either that, or they'll not turn up and call it a boycott :)