*** Sponsors: Let’s get something for Sandy! ***

govanblue

In the RM Sponsors fund thread, one idea which gained overwhelming support was to get some kind of gift for Sandy Jardine, to let him know how much we think of him, and are thinking of him during this difficult time for him.

It’s too late to get him anything in time for Christmas, but we should probably look towards getting something to him as early as possible in the New Year.

Now I’m rubbish at choosing gifts – just ask my family, so I’m not brimming with ideas, but hopefully you are.

Some possible suggestions are:

• A big card
  • A tankard or plaque with an engraved message

(I told you I’m rubbish at this!)

One idea I did think of though, which I thought I’d share is:

Someone on RM with a flair for design and photoshopping could create some kind of montage featuring some iconic images from Sandy’s illustrious Rangers career from 1967 till today, maybe against a backdrop of Ibrox. Then we could get it printed and framed.

Things which are not on the list of options are:

• Alcohol – for obvious reasons.
  • Flowers – Apparently men don’t appreciate flowers.

Anyway, over to you…

How about making a donation, in his name, to a charity of his choosing (we could ask through Jim Hannah) or to the Charity Foundation rather than a card or gift at this time? When he is back on his feet maybe a separate collection to get a painting commissioned to mark his service to Rangers. I'd happily contribute separately to this.

It may be worth remembering its his 64th birthday on 31st December for any gesture.