Ticket for life?

feda16

I heard a story of an elderly gentleman in london who attends Chelsea every weekend. Now its not cheap to attend these games and he was asked how he could afford such occasions every other weekend. His answer was that in the 50's 60's or 70's (cant remember which decade) an incentive was offered to fans where they could buy a ticket for life. He paid £150 and been going for years. My question is would it work now? How much would be charged now and would you buy one?

The cost of a ticket for life now would be astronomical to the average fan. When the gentleman you mention bought his, football was not so driven by money compared to nowadays. I would hazard a guess you would be looking at £10000 or so if you were buying one as a 30 year old, with prices varying dependant on age.

I know a Ross County fan who bought a 20 year season ticket when they got accepted to the SFL from the Highland League. It cost him £350 iirc. Since they got promoted to SFL 1 they have been sending him what are basically begging letters asking him to pay for a season ticket at normal price. It suited them at the time to fund their rise up the leagues but now they are at the top they are losing revenue big time.

What would happen to it when you die, especially if you died not long after paying for it? Would it be void and resold? Could you bequeath it?

Throws up more problems than it would be worth imo.

Hmm - could imagine the management at Palermo coming up with a wee scheme there.