Borna Barisic

Dan Deacon

2 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Bassey was 1000x better than Barisic at left back and it wasn’t even close. Barisic has a good cross and that’s it, I’m afraid that’s just not enough here 

Even at that I’d expect any pro footballer swinging the amount of crosses he and Tavernier do into our box would get good assist numbers 

1000 times you say? That's a helluva number. Shame the actual numbers don't back that up.

I would love to have Bassey back in the team but he wouldn't be playing in front of Borna. He would be at CB where he belongs. 

I’d say a guy people continually target because he’s weak as piss as a defender  is definitely a ‘weaker player’ 

Definitely not weaker than the umpteen players we've had over the years who have been incapable of nailing down a regular starting spot. That's just common sense. 

I’d say a guy people continually target because he’s weak as piss as a defender  is definitely a ‘weaker player’ 

I don’t disagree with that but the same can be said for Tav. Both of our starting full backs are diabolical defenders.

23 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

1000 times you say? That's a helluva number. Shame the actual numbers don't back that up.

I would love to have Bassey back in the team but he wouldn't be playing in front of Borna. He would be at CB where he belongs. 

He was playing ahead of Borna at LB until we had a CB crisis and with good reason 

Bassey might not have got the outright assist numbers Barisic gets over a season but he more than made up for it in every other department. I’d also say the energy/dynamism Bassey had that Barisic sorely lacks probably leads to more chances and goals being created by the team than a guy who can basically only play passes or crosses if he’s standing still 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Davies will be here his full contract I think.

I would very much doubt we will be able to offload him.

I half agree with this, I can't see us being able to sell him and don't think anyone who'd want him could afford his wages so I can see him being shipped off to Championship clubs on loan with us picking up a fair chunk of his wage.

1 hour ago, GA1972 said:

He was playing ahead of Borna at LB until we had a CB crisis and with good reason 

Bassey might not have got the outright assist numbers Barisic gets over a season but he more than made up for it in every other department. I’d also say the energy/dynamism Bassey had that Barisic sorely lacks probably leads to more chances and goals being created by the team than a guy who can basically only play passes or crosses if he’s standing still 

That's simply not true. While both had games at LB Borna was the preferred LB more often that Bassey including 15 European starts at LB in the 21/22 season to Bassey's 4.

1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

So our medical team don’t do anything then? Just leave it up the player to self diagnose?

If barisic says he's sore and cant run, what do you think the medical team do? They can only go on a players word and that shitebag shat out of the OF game 

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If barisic says he's sore and cant run, what do you think the medical team do? They can only go on a players word and that shitebag shat out of the OF game 

Will you give this a rest? It is an outlandish suggestion that you keep repeating and you have zero proof to back it up.

44 minutes ago, left winger said:

We missed him shiting himself against them? 

You not see how many crosses Ridvan put in when he came on. Rotten all be it. The 2 right footed players on the left doesn’t work.

Barisic has been important for us this season.

He’s probably got more assists against them than anyone else in the team.

4 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

You not see how many crosses Ridvan put in when he came on. Rotten all be it. The 2 right footed players on the left doesn’t work.

Barisic has been important for us this season.

He’s probably got more assists against them than anyone else in the team.

If you think he's had more assists against them than anyone else back it up with evidence . And if you're right, fair play to him, and he may have been an asset on Sunday. I wouldn't argue otherwise.

However, we've all seen the evidence of him shiting it against them. And I can't see any realistic argument against that.

18 minutes ago, left winger said:

If you think he's had more assists against them than anyone else back it up with evidence . And if you're right, fair play to him, and he may have been an asset on Sunday. I wouldn't argue otherwise.

However, we've all seen the evidence of him shiting it against them. And I can't see any realistic argument against that.

Think it’s a 50/50 first in to battle or absolutely shits the bed.

I checked the stats against the scum using recent players. Need to check them individually so the only ones I felt were worth considering for number of assists were Tav, Borna, Morelos, Kent, Arfield and I chucked in Roofe as well. Tav has the most assists with 6 with Borna on 5 assists, more than any of the other players I checked. Worth noting that Tav has played roughly double the amount of OF games than Borna though. 

Anyone else worth looking at that I'm missing?

Edit - Steven Davis has 8, all coming in his first spell when we actually had a half decent team.