Borna Barisic

Dan Deacon

16 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

If Bassey had stayed Borna wouldn’t be able to nail down a starting slot. 

When Yilmaz is fit Borna wouldn’t be able to nail down a starting slot.  

Borna has been really lucky at our club. He should have been long gone 

Bassey is better at CB in my opinion and while is definitely a better defender he can't lace Borna’s boots when it comes to creating chances.

Yilmaz is pish mate. The only reason people rate him is because we spent decent money on him and he isn't Borna. 

6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I'd rather we improved on our weaker players, the ones who don't really contribute. The 3 players you mentioned all have weaknesses but they're far from our weaker players. That's the problem. 

I’d say a guy people continually target because he’s weak as piss as a defender  is definitely a ‘weaker player’ 

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Bassey is better at CB in my opinion and while is definitely a better defender he can't lace Borna’s boots when it comes to creating chances.

Yilmaz is pish mate. The only reason people rate him is because we spent decent money on him and he isn't Borna. 

Bassey was 1000x better than Barisic at left back and it wasn’t even close. Barisic has a good cross and that’s it, I’m afraid that’s just not enough here 

Even at that I’d expect any pro footballer swinging the amount of crosses he and Tavernier do into our box would get good assist numbers 

Both Barisic and Yilmaz are utter shite. Sell Barisic now. Sell Yilmaz back to Turkey in January once a replacement has been identified - unless Beale identified said replacement. Keep Sterling and Devine as backup.

One less player well past his best for the new management team to worry about when Beale is inevitably fired in the next few months.

You cannot rely or depend on Barisic during high pressure situations. He can't defend for shit, backs off wingers like they've brandished a shotgun at him.

A renowned shitebag in OF games who mysteriously always gets injured before or during big games, missed Sunday but will be playing for Croatia in the next few days. Should have fucking been sold years ago.

46 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

You honestly don't believe that do you? Yilmaz is awful.

37 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Bah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 

He’s better than Borna in the cameo appearances so far

If either left it wouldn’t genuinely make fuck all difference. Neither is close to the standard required. I’d rather punt them both (I’m sure we had the chance to sell Yilmaz in January) and spend time and effort on one of our own young players to see if he could make it. Worst case scenario - someone who costs virtually nothing failing would be an improvement on spending money for folk to fail.

2 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Decided he shat it as soon as Beale said he was fit then he mysteriously failed a fitness test after 

Also walked off looking fine against PSV, was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on the night but a bit coincidental timing right before we play a team that terrorises him on the regular 

Think he shat it when we were still in with a shout against PSV…

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Think he shat it when we were still in with a shout against PSV…

Pulled up just before the Europa final went to penalties, literally last few minutes. Too many coincidences from a player who we know folds under pressure.

No great loss. Can't defend due to piss poor positional sense and a lack of pace and physicality. Biggest problem is he has the heart of a mouse. Beales' decision to stick with that crap defence will see him gone but he could do us a favour and start the process to ship the lot out begining with Borna the bottle job. Definitely passed his sell by date.