That Time of the Year

Gaz92

my focus would be on the coaching system we have had in place for many a year now. it simply isnt good enough. now i am sure as it was when i was young that we have some really talented young boys but seem to not be able to fully develop their talents to become a first clas footballer, on a consistent basis. now how do we get round this. investment in coaching. looking at teams like barca and see how they develop players at a crucial age. why do we fall short? i think the boy mcleod has defo got something. mckay needs to work on his crossing and general awareness. its fine everyone saying aye he is stil young etc. what we also need to remember is that he has been coached at ibrox for a couple of years now. am not saying that the coaching staff are unable to develop them fully but we need to be churning player out. year after year. and its defo not been pretty this season in fact to be honest at times it has been brutal. its simple things like usual. the five yard pass that goes astray etc

we should be in the market for under 18's....they can be signed and registered right away........and they are the future

True, but we should be producing them ourselves. I don't have an issue with our back room staff seeking out some great young talent from other areas, but the real key to creating an effective young team is to start making the stars ourselves. We've shown we can do it, and we still are, but it's time to use this period to start taking the production up a notch.