Keevins slating our youth policy

fat malky

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really?

I have also heard that a few years ago we had the chance to sign Romelu Lukaku just before he broke into the Anderlecht first team and he had a trial at Rangers and everything but he was deemed not good enough for our youth teams :anguish: Of course that's not confirmed but I definetley remember hearing about it a few years ago.

Lukaku was one of the most sought after prospects in european football since he was 15! Im sure he holds the record for anderlecht top youth goal scorer of all time, he signed a pro contact in when he was 16 and made his debut about 2 days later, at no point was he ever going on trial anywhere.

We have a dictator in sinclair who solely picks the teams for matches at every age level without seeing them train . He has a vice-like grip on all the other coaches who are continually undermined in their jobs by him . The kids cannot express themselves . I watched a Rangers v. Sellick match u12 and the gap was huge between the teams , not pleasant viewing . Sinclair got rid of a few quality 14 & 15 yr olds and some are excelling over the otherside of the city . This comes from a friend who' s son was there for 2 yrs and was gutted his lad didnt want to go anymore because of 1 man .

The youth system at Auchenhowie is a shambles. Yes, they have kids they have brought through but they are more inclined to buy in an already tested product. By 14 90% of the kids will probably have been bumped and they replace them by approaching kids who seem to be progressing well at other clubs. They then claim that they have successfully developed these boys. Fucking joke.I am led to believe that the system at the piggery is more geared to total development ie fitness, diet, ball skills ( ooh err ) and competitive matches. I have already stated that a relative of mine was at Rangers for seven years. What he told me about what goes on there defies belief but that will wait for another day. The coaching is outdated, archaic and unfit for purpose and is run by a gang of self serving charlatans. How the fuck are we meant to progress on a much reduced budget when this place couldn't develop a hard on !! And yes the name mentioned earlier is the main problem at Auchenhowie.

Lukaku was one of the most sought after prospects in european football since he was 15! Im sure he holds the record for anderlecht top youth goal scorer of all time, he signed a pro contact in when he was 16 and made his debut about 2 days later, at no point was he ever going on trial anywhere.

Well it might have been allot of shit

Just did a search on here and it came up with this thread

http://forum.rangers...lu lukaku&st=0

So it probably is bullshit actually but at least I know I didn't imagine reading about it lol.

how do you define productive, the Dutch reckon getting one player a year/season into the first team pool is a good return Loads of people think of the Beckham era at Man U as being the norm .

The thing is the majority of the players listed above (you could add shinnie as well) have improved after being released by us...now yes, players should improve as they get older but the thing that concerns me is that they all seem fitter, more mobile and technically better at their new clubs...that to me raises question marks over the standard of our coaching.

I have also heard from two lads in with rangers in the last few years at youth level who weren't exactly complimentary of the coaches or the approach.

Well it might have been allot of shit

Just did a search on here and it came up with this thread

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=189200&hl=%20romelu%20%20lukaku&st=0

So it probably is bullshit actually but at least I know I didn't imagine reading about it lol.

Mate i can assure you, it was alot of shite. Inter tried to sign him after 3 months pro. A boy in my works, no doubt reading this and gettin a big heid, has a frightening knowledge of world football. Nearly 3 years ago, he gave me a bit of paper and said "keep that, that boys going to be an absolute star", he was raving about him for months. Turned out be Lukaku. Fast forward about 2 years and hes signin for chelsea, and the list of clubs he knocked back is frightening. Needless to say, my mate was chuffed, but he was never in doubt, he really is like an encyclopedia on world football, and Lukakus been a top prospect since he was 14 or 15.

Edit: understand it was one of those ones, where yer glad you didnt just imagine it!!

I wonder how so many people in a position of power at Rangers failed to address this problem of the horrendous policy, which we all know we have. Every manager in the last ten years who has refused, or failed to confront the flawed system in place has done us a major disservice. I don't care how decorated their first team was.

I wonder how so many people in a position of power at Rangers failed to address this problem of the horrendous policy, which we all know we have. Every manager in the last ten years who has refused, or failed to confront the flawed system in place has done us a major disservice. I don't care how decorated their first team was.

Its the age old problem of " the old pals network" which other clubs have discarded long ago. Root & branch clear out is needed.

Keevins can away and shite. Who even listens to what he has to say? If he knew what he was talking about he wouldn't be working for a third rate radio station

He's got a whole thread on here so obviously someone's listening!

Mate i can assure you, it was alot of shite. Inter tried to sign him after 3 months pro. A boy in my works, no doubt reading this and gettin a big heid, has a frightening knowledge of world football. Nearly 3 years ago, he gave me a bit of paper and said "keep that, that boys going to be an absolute star", he was raving about him for months. Turned out be Lukaku. Fast forward about 2 years and hes signin for chelsea, and the list of clubs he knocked back is frightening. Needless to say, my mate was chuffed, but he was never in doubt, he really is like an encyclopedia on world football, and Lukakus been a top prospect since he was 14 or 15.

Edit: understand it was one of those ones, where yer glad you didnt just imagine it!!

ask him whose gonna be the next superstar

The thing is the majority of the players listed above (you could add shinnie as well) have improved after being released by us...now yes, players should improve as they get older but the thing that concerns me is that they all seem fitter, more mobile and technically better at their new clubs...that to me raises question marks over the standard of our coaching.

I have also heard from two lads in with rangers in the last few years at youth level who weren't exactly complimentary of the coaches or the approach.

There are many more at clubs the length and breadth of the country who have left and prospered All the named have left Rangers and had various degrees of success else where ,and as you say the look more mobile,fitter and aware of how the game of football should be played. But if we can pick them out why can`t we take them to our first team and be successful. There must be ex-players out there who can train ,motivate etc Laudrup ,Mols and many more as well as young graduates from sport science .Just A Thought.

ask him whose gonna be the next superstar

Really? He'll give me a list btw, im not shittin yi. I made the mistake the other day of sayin i was startin to get into brazilian football, truth be told my FUT13 is brazilian so ive went through just about every player. Fuck me, he preceded to list brazilian youth players for the nest five minutes, i think i had heard of one of them, then moved onto Argentina and Columbia ffs. I know anyone can go away and read about it, but its the shear volume of the guys knowledge. He doesnt go away and come back five minutes later with all this shite hes read, he just stands and ryhmes it all off.

Hes a bear btw, not sure if he posts on here though

Really? He'll give me a list btw, im not shittin yi. I made the mistake the other day of sayin i was startin to get into brazilian football, truth be told my FUT13 is brazilian so ive went through just about every player. Fuck me, he preceded to list brazilian youth players for the nest five minutes, i think i had heard of one of them, then moved onto Argentina and Columbia ffs. I know anyone can go away and read about it, but its the shear volume of the guys knowledge. He doesnt go away and come back five minutes later with all this shite hes read, he just stands and ryhmes it all off.

Hes a bear btw, not sure if he posts on here though

Can you no get him to talk to the guy in charge of Murray Park and then our scouts can have a look and say they are all to wee or some such nonsence This is what we should be doing scouting South America ,Does he have as much Knowledge Of other countries ?

It's everybody's problem in this country..

Frankly we do not provide anywhere near the level nor numbers of footballers we once did.

Mainly, IMHO, down to kids no longer playing 'street football'

I have to agree with this,I grew up playin on the road,if the ball went on the pavement it was a throw in.close control of a ball and short passing come naturally playing in such a tight space,you can't instill that making kids play in open spaces,it's not a thing you can teach.

The first time I really noticed was during a kickabout in Glasgow,good few boys from down my way got asked to play a game against some guys in the park,we destroyed them because all they could do was kick and rush,absolutely no first touch to kill the ball.They'd grown up playing in the park and the open spaces,every one of us had played in the street,not one bit of coaching among us but the natural style we'd learned ourselves was enough.

if you look at countries like Brazil it's kids in the streets,other countries in Europe they play on small five or seven pitches,here we have eight year olds on full size pitches and it just doesn't work.

I have been saying this for a while, despite a few players playing in the third division this season. Our standard of player has fell behind Celtic, Hearts and now Aberdeen. I've not just said, I have presented evidence in how we have failed.

The players we have paid fee for and released without getting a youth contract,which is around a DOZEN under the current regime.

The players that been released and then progressed to Scotland youth squads with their new clubs, current count is around TEN.

An the latest is the lack of competitive game time for out 17-19 year olds, who don't know from week to week where their next (bounce) game is !! Ironically we do have a decent batch of 16 & 17 year olds but a lack of competitive football must be hindering their development.

This is causing great frustration and some have asked to be released, just heard that one such request has been granted. I'll watch with interest where he goes now and how he progresses.

I have been saying this for a while, despite a few players playing in the third division this season. Our standard of player has fell behind Celtic, Hearts and now Aberdeen. I've not just said, I have presented evidence in how we have failed.

The players we have paid fee for and released without getting a youth contract,which is around a DOZEN under the current regime.

The players that been released and then progressed to Scotland youth squads with their new clubs, current count is around TEN.

An the latest is the lack of competitive game time for out 17-19 year olds, who don't know from week to week where their next (bounce) game is !! Ironically we do have a decent batch of 16 & 17 year olds but a lack of competitive football must be hindering their development.

This is causing great frustration and some have asked to be released, just heard that one such request has been granted. I'll watch with interest where he goes now and how he progresses.

Do you think the likes of Tom Walsh, Luca Gasparotto, Charlie Telfer, Andy Murdoch, Darren Ramsay could do a job in the first team yet? if so which players and which ones could potentially make it in the future.

Can you no get him to talk to the guy in charge of Murray Park and then our scouts can have a look and say they are all to wee or some such nonsence This is what we should be doing scouting South America ,Does he have as much Knowledge Of other countries ?

I text him RE sportinglesbians query, knowing that i'll see him tonight in work. Thought id give him a chance to think about it. Jumped in the shower n came bak out to a text:

"Outwith all the obvious ones on the scence the now.

Bernard (Atletico MG)

Ademilson (Sao Paulo)

Victor Andrade, Barbosa (Santos)

Wellington Nem, Macos junior (Flumeniese)

Adryan (Flamengo)

Ocampos (Monaco)

Iturbe, Caballero (Porto)

Cirigliano (River Plate)

Marquinhos (Roma)

Insigne (Napoli)

Immobile (Genoa)

Alen Halilovic (Zagreb)

Kovacic (Inter)

Giovanni (Corinthians)

Maupay (Nice)

Goretzka (Bochum)

Wolski ( Fiorentina)

Mate i could be here aw night lol"

The boys a freak

Do you think the likes of Tom Walsh, Luca Gasparotto, Charlie Telfer, Andy Murdoch, Darren Ramsay could do a job in the first team yet? if so which players and which ones could potentially make it in the future.

A wee bit too soon for them all in my opinion, especially in a team that has struggled in the last two months, but I do think they all have a chance and should play 1st team in the next two years. At least Tom Walsh has some competitive football to look forward to being U17. The others may get a game in the ONE reserve game that is left, other than that its friendlies for them.

I believe Charlie's contract is up at the end of this season.

On Lukaku, I certainly didn't see him at Rangers, but I know who claims to have brought him to MP at a young age and I have no reason to doubt him.

I text him RE sportinglesbians query, knowing that i'll see him tonight in work. Thought id give him a chance to think about it. Jumped in the shower n came bak out to a text:

Bernard (Atletico MG)

Ademilson (Sao Paulo)

Adryan (Flamengo)

Ocampos (Monaco)

Cirigliano (River Plate)

Marquinhos (Roma)

Insigne (Napoli)

Immobile (Genoa)

Alen Halilovic (Zagreb)

Kovacic (Inter)

Giovanni (Corinthians)

Maupay (Nice)

Goretzka (Bochum)

Wolski ( Fiorentina)

The boys a freak

Do you think we would have a chance with them or are they all set for other clubs ?

Bernard (Atletico MG)

Ademilson (Sao Paulo)

Adryan (Flamengo)

Ocampos (Monaco)

Cirigliano (River Plate)

Marquinhos (Roma)

Insigne (Napoli)

Immobile (Genoa)

Alen Halilovic (Zagreb)

Kovacic (Inter)

Giovanni (Corinthians)

Maupay (Nice)

Goretzka (Bochum)

Wolski ( Fiorentina)

The boys a freak

This guy's a natural to play central defence for us, get him signed.

A wee bit too soon for them all in my opinion, especially in a team that has struggled in the last two months, but I do think they all have a chance and should play 1st team in the next two years. At least Tom Walsh has some competitive football to look forward to being U17. The others may get a game in the ONE reserve game that is left, other than that its friendlies for them.

I believe Charlie's contract is up at the end of this season.

On Lukaku, I certainly didn't see him at Rangers, but I know who claims to have brought him to MP at a young age and I have no reason to doubt him.

Any idea why the reserve league stops at the half way point of the season it seems ridiculous I don't know why we didn't try to send out more of our youngsters on loan if that was the case or why isn't there at least an U-19's league.

Regarding Charlie they still want Telfer to stay and are going to extend his contract.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-starlet-charlie-telfer-on-verge-1546334