Keevins slating our youth policy

fat malky

In todays Rhebel Keevins and some others are having ago at Rangers youth Policy over the Years This is true if you discount MacGregor, Hutton (alan),Wilson ,Adam,Burke,McCormack,and many,many others .Also to the lack of overseas players again not counting Arteta,Gattuso,Boumsong,.Its about time JT had a we word in his ear about this they Keep doing it year after year and most people are starting to believe it .i have not included this years even Shug cannot miss them can he ?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is definitely a muppet. but he is also correct in this instance. our youth policy is awful.

A lot of what was considered our promising Youth left during the turmoil, I don't think we are as bad as some state i was at he last cup final we won against the filth and we more than matched them and had some very decent players.

A lot of what was considered our promising Youth left during the turmoil, I don't think we are as bad as some state i was at he last cup final we won against the filth and we more than matched them and had some very decent players.

somebody mentioned the 2007 line-up we had for the youth cup final, and it looked pretty impressive. problem was though, we never had a system in place to bring people through. i always wonder if Fleck was told to change the way he played, because he was a different player when you compare first team to youth games.

Keevin's is a 1st rate prick there is no doubt BUT he is right in as much that our youth policy is very outdated and is not as productive as it could be for a club our size.

how do you define productive, the Dutch reckon getting one player a year/season into the first team pool is a good return Loads of people think of the Beckham era at Man U as being the norm .

It's everybody's problem in this country..

Frankly we do not provide anywhere near the level nor numbers of footballers we once did.

Mainly, IMHO, down to kids no longer playing 'street football'

Celtic's youth system is miles ahead of ours look at the latest Scotland Youth Squads

U-21's--

Rangers - 0 Players

Celtic - 4 Players

U-19's--

Rangers - 1 Player

Celtic - 6 Players

U-17's--

Rangers - 4 Players

Celtic - 7 Players

U-16's--

Rangers - 2 Players

Celtic - 9 Players

It's a joke that we are that far behind and it's not just the scum that are ahead of us we are miles behind the likes of Hibs, Kilmarnock aswell.

somebody mentioned the 2007 line-up we had for the youth cup final, and it looked pretty impressive. problem was though, we never had a system in place to bring people through. i always wonder if Fleck was told to change the way he played, because he was a different player when you compare first team to youth games.

I believe you are spot on re Fleck being played in a position alien to his skills and what he played up to the first team.

No criticism of Rangers shall be allowed to sneak into the warped minds of our children. Take that Keevins

I'll tell you, I can see some of us floating about beheading those who insult Rangers, in the not-too-distant future.

No criticism of Rangers shall be allowed to sneak into the warped minds of our children. Take that Keevins

I'll tell you, I can see some of us floating about beheading those who insult Rangers, in the not-too-distant future.

Great News.

Did we not free Tony Watt before he went to Airdrie as well? *shakes head if so*

really?

I have also heard that a few years ago we had the chance to sign Romelu Lukaku just before he broke into the Anderlecht first team and he had a trial at Rangers and everything but he was deemed not good enough for our youth teams :anguish: Of course that's not confirmed but I definetley remember hearing about it a few years ago.

how do you define productive, the Dutch reckon getting one player a year/season into the first team pool is a good return Loads of people think of the Beckham era at Man U as being the norm .

It doesn't matter how many break through each season. It's about the quality of those who do.