Crowds at Ibrox - Defiance?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a thought will any club ever again get even close to a million spectators to watch them in the 4th tier of football ... what we have been part of this season will be totally unique in the history of the game :happy:

On that point, here's some numbers...

Total Ibrox attendance to date: 756,016

1,000,000 - 756,016 = 243,984

We have 6 home league fixtures remaining, so to reach 1 million, we need an average attendance for these games of 40,664

Fait accompli if you ask me.

We have 6 home league fixtures remaining, so to reach 1 million, we need an average attendance for these games of 40,664

This should be a pinned article so no complacency (not that it will) creeps in!!!

They were saying we'd be lucky to get 10000 season tickets sold (remember ONLY 250 SOLD before they were even on sale?) They're sick as fuck. simples

Remember Chick Dung triumphantly claiming we'd only sold 500......before they had even went on sale.

Tbh, every time these pricks talk about us its sounds like people who desperately trying to convince themselves its the truth.

Remember Chick Dung triumphantly claiming we'd only sold 500......before they had even went on sale.

Tbh, every time these pricks talk about us its sounds like people who desperately trying to convince themselves its the truth.

There is no doubt they were all lining up to dance on our grave ... you can almost hear the big petted lips on the radio :lol:

There is no doubt they were all lining up to dance on our grave ... you can almost hear the big petted lips on the radio :lol:

I personally think a lot of people made some very bold claims with regards to how our situation would pan out and they were desperate for it to happen so they could do a wee (Irish) jig out of self satisfaction.

I would love to see our final home fixture against Berwick Rangers on May 4 being a total sellout. Maybe Charles Green could do a "SPL trick" and pay for the Berwick fans buses so the away end could be almost full...either that or ban the Berwick fans and let our fans fill the corner :lol:

Here's a thought will any club ever again get even close to a million spectators to watch them in the 4th tier of football ... what we have been part of this season will be totally unique in the history of the game :happy:

facts are facts mate,no matter how much they try and distort it,FACT.............................

I would love to see our final home fixture against Berwick Rangers on May 4 being a total sellout. Maybe Charles Green could do a "SPL trick" and pay for the Berwick fans buses so the away end could be almost full...either that or ban the Berwick fans and let our fans fill the corner :lol:

But if they ban the away fans, where is Ross Blyth gonna sit??

:mutley:

Like the quarter of a million in Manchester the 1 million who watched us in Division 3 will NEVER be mentioned by the septic loving scumbags of the Scottish mhedia ... we can't have their favourites being put in the shade like that now can we

Offical attendance at todays game at Ibrox ....21,036

BBC

Offical attendance at todays game at Ibrox ....21,036

BBC

Do you have a source for that???? Or just shite???

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21394391 has the crowd at 46,104.

As for the OP -- I read as far as Keevins.

We support the club for one reason 'WE ARE THE PEOPLE'.

I heard Hugh Keevins and Gordon Dalziel claim that the remarkable crowds at Ibrox were down to defiance and they will die down eventually. Does anyone bye this? I'm unsure as to what it is we are supposed to be defying.

Ibrox has been consistently full for League games for 25 years. They will not drop off - defiance, my arse. We are just doing what we've always done.

Well we seem to have been pretty defiant over many years,because since season 1986-87 - 1992-93 when our average attendances were 36,783...38,899...39,124...38,431...36,091...37,705...40,248 we have not had an average attendance lower than in 1993-94 when it was 43,408.

Since that year we have had a maximum attendance in our ground of 50,000+ in 13 of those seasons, but don't let facts get in the way of a good dig at the Rangers fans ya snotty nose skelly eyed cunt, Keevins.

He talks as if he has got a fucking banana stuck up his nose. :peanut:

The crowds are there because they want to support Rangers and because what's happening is interesting.

On the train to the game yesterday were 4 English lads (probably from Faslane). They were going to see 'the local derby' (that was their words). They knew who Rangers were but not much else, just going to see the phenomenon happening at Ibrox!

My ST in the front of the main stand was £500 so if prices rise I will just buy a cheaper one.

I haven't read the thread, but has anybody mentioned that the highest SPL attendance today (Aberdeen) was a defiant 7,240.

And that today's 4 SPL games drew a whopping total of 24,503 - which is just over half of what we drew today.

Don't you just envy them - all that legroom :D

Luxury, being able to watch fitba while lying across 4 seats. How much are they charging for that?

The crowds will only die down if the football got worse the fans attending the games are genuine rangers fans rallying round the club in our hour of need....the glory hunters dropped off last season look around you and see all the new faces.

Do you have a source for that???? Or just shite???

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21394391 has the crowd at 46,104.

As for the OP -- I read as far as Keevins.

We support the club for one reason 'WE ARE THE PEOPLE'.

You misunderstood two posts in one there. I was disregarding what Keevins said in the OP.