Gazza in intensive care

double denim

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: http://www1.skysport.../11095/8490504/

Things looking a bit brighter for him now!! Maybe update the tag on the thread title???

Come on Gazza.....you can do this mate!!!!!!!!!!! :praise:

Paul Gascoigne's therapist has confirmed that the former England footballer has been admitted to hospital in the United States.

However, John McKeown says there are no fears for the life of the 45-year-old, who is being treated for alcohol addiction.

Capped 57 times by England in his playing days, Gascoigne flew out to the United States last week and was admitted to the Cottonwood rehabilitation centre in Arizona so he could be treated for his addiction.

But reports emerged this weekend stating that the former Newcastle, Spurs, Lazio and Rangers man's health had deteriorated and that he had been taken to intensive care.

The clinic could not comment due to patient confidentiality but McKeown, a therapist who has been working with Gascoigne for over 10 years, has now released a statement. He said: "Following reports today, I feel it's appropriate to bring people up to date on Paul Gascoigne's condition. "Paul has experienced severe complications with his detoxification. This is not unusual for someone who has been drinking as heavily as he has.

"Paul was transferred from the US Clinic Cottonwood to a local hospital to be monitored, so as to be completely satisfied that there are no other complications to his health.

"He is still receiving that care but the hospital has reassured me that he is up and about and walking around. There are no fears for his life. We will aim to keep everyone updated."

Not looking good.

I have seen him a dozen of times in the state he was during that charity gig and he has had some phenomenal help in the past just like he is getting now, it really is now or never for Paul but he said himself he can never rule out having another drink and that is scary.

He's only still a young man at 45, so much to give out still. I hope he makes it this time but deep down I'm fearing the worst for the guy.

The Fact is they could give him at the very most 10mg Valium but Paul used to take 70mg of Valium a day nearly for years as stated on Interviews, But you are right about the withdrawles of alcohol just hope he can find the energy to give it one last defeat then once hes fit enough they invite him to Ibrox and show him what support he has behind him and he can Defeat it

Id not heard bout his vallie addiction before, well lets just hope that whatever is going on right now that Paul will be safe in the end its amazing that somebody who delighted so many people in his football carear can end up so alone in life :(

Sounds a bit more promising troops

Therapist: Gascoigne in hospital but his life is not believed to be in danger

Last Updated: February 10, 2013 4:08pm

• Share:PaulGascoigne_2898784.jpg

Paul Gascoigne is being monitored in an Arizona hospital

Paul Gascoigne's therapist has confirmed that the former England footballer has been admitted to hospital in the United States.

However, John McKeown says there are no fears for the life of the 45-year-old, who is being treated for alcohol addiction.

Capped 57 times by England in his playing days, Gascoigne flew out to the United States last week and was admitted to the Cottonwood rehabilitation centre in Arizona so he could be treated for his addiction.

But reports emerged this weekend stating that the former Newcastle,spacer.gif Spurs, Laziospacer.gif and Rangers man's health had deteriorated and that he had been taken to intensive care.

The clinic could not comment due to patient confidentiality but McKeown, a therapist who has been working with Gascoigne for over 10 years, has now released a statement.

He said: "Following reports today, I feel it's appropriate to bring people up to date on Paul Gascoigne'sspacer.gifcondition.

"Paul has experienced severe complications with his detoxification. This is not unusual for someone who has been drinking as heavily as he has.

"Paul was transferred from the US Clinic Cottonwood to a local hospital to be monitored, so as to be completely satisfied that there are no other complications to his health.

"He is still receiving that care but the hospital has reassured me that he is up and about and walking around. There are no fears for his life. We will aim to keep everyone updated.

(Sorry guys ,looks like this was already posted a few posts previously )

( just had another wee look at the pic , is that the devils advocate lawyer ,to Gazzas left in the pic )