Gazza in intensive care

double denim

He will be on doses of Librium strong enough to knock an elephant out. The withdrawals in the first few days will be hellish and the medication is often upped to deal with that. Different people need different doses basically.

Here is a man who knows what he is talking about. Hopefully the story is sensationalist garbage.

It goes without saying that my thoughts are with Gazza.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article says he was too ill to go to rehab and went straight to hospital. It also says he is out of immediate danger and his condition has stabilised. I'm sure/I hope he will get through this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276324/Lets-hope-hang-Lineker-says-Gascoigne-struggling-revealed-rushed-intensive-care-shortly-arriving-America.html#axzz2JlodRHKg

It is so worrying but the media don't help people who care

".. Off to rehab will be fine"

"... Close to death, organs failing.."

It's a very big jump that I hope isn't true as having spoke to a doctor friend there is not much in the way of coming back if he truly is failing despite all the best help.

Big Love to Gazza and his family :(

Just caught this on my lurking before bed, really really hope this is gutter press sensationalsim like usual, cant understand why they wouldnt give Paul Valium for alcohol withdrawels which should aleviate most of the symptoms. Hope to God you pull through Paul and fight this the way you fought on the pitch :(

He Was addicted to Painkillers also so they couldn't give him any drugs of that sort.

If you put any severe alcoholic into a situation in which he has no alcohol in his system this is what will happen. I don't believe this story.

Me either. This is a top-notch rehab place he's in and I'm sure they know that weaning him off it is the way, as opposed to just totally stopping his drinking.

Unfortunately he has to want to live :(

Unfortunately, this. An alcoholic is never cured, and Paul sadly, has come a long way down a very dark road, and has quite a few demons to deal with.

Met (or rather briefly crossed paths) in the lounge at Heathrow years ago, early in the morning , at the end of his career and on his own surprisingly,but even then I saw first hand that he had the demons and the addiction to drink. ( a thing us Glaswegians are sadly too familiar with)

Hopefully he can be helped in dealing with this, and recover in time.

It's tragic but just shows the power of alcohol.

Gazza has had more help more times than anybody i can think of but is still clearly hell bent on death.

He's already been to best rehabs money can buy and has seen friends foot the bills time and again.

Hard to see where he goes from here.

I'm hoping for a miracle.

Still one of my great memories being over at Ibrox the day he signed.

Gazza lived on adulation and the buzz football gave him, once that was gone from his life he was always going to struggle, his life now is a never ending succession of dramas, none of them good.

He's never been able to replace that but his problems stemmed even further back than the glittering career and adulation. It was evident in interviews even while he was a star.

I can't see him ever really recovering sadly. Even if he survives rehab his mental state seems to be in complete ruins.

Pray I'm wrong.

It really is tragic whats happened to Gazza over the years....He was such a talented player and having met him on a few occasions can say he is a genuinely good guy as well. Unfortunately he has never had the people he needed around him to look out for him or guide him since he stopped playing football and and things have just got steadily worse. I really hope he pulls through this and gets his life back on track...would love to see him back at Ibrox one day.