Should we challenge the no football on tv in the uk at 3pm on a Saturday

j1mgg

I wasn't able to make the game yesterday as I was on call which basically means I can't really travel far from my house.

Although someone used my ticket and I was able to watch the game on a shitty stream I was kind of thinking I would of rather paid £5 for a better quality stream and to know the money would be going to the club. We basically already have it set as we stream to fans abroad and I Do t really agree with this fans would stop going pish.

We have fans that go to games week in week out, same with the guys at away games

We have fans that may go now and again when they have money or spare time

We have fans that just don't go

So I can't see it making a difference to attendances, but would help the people that can't go for one reason or another and would generate extra money, I wouldn't even be that bothered if after overheads had been done if the money was split with the visiting team.

This would also let clubs generate much more needed cash.

I

I wasn't able to make the game yesterday as I was on call which basically means I can't really travel far from my house.

Although someone used my ticket and I was able to watch the game on a shitty stream I was kind of thinking I would of rather paid £5 for a better quality stream and to know the money would be going to the club. We basically already have it set as we stream to fans abroad and I Do t really agree with this fans would stop going pish.

We have fans that go to games week in week out, same with the guys at away games

We have fans that may go now and again when they have money or spare time

We have fans that just don't go

So I can't see it making a difference to attendances, but would help the people that can't go for one reason or another and would generate extra money, I wouldn't even be that bothered if after overheads had been done if the money was split with the visiting team.

This would also let clubs generate much more needed cash.

I agree with what you say and as I live in England the matches covered by RTV don't get shown down here either.So what we should ask the Club is why not try it for a period of time and if it affects attendances drop it. as far as I know Man U, Liverpool show their games live and dont seem to have any problems. Personally I would rather be at Ibrox soaking up the atmosphere than watching it on telly and thats one reason that myself, my wife and brother will be up for the east stirling game. I am hoping for a simular performance to yesterday. watp :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325:

Because I know everything, ask my ex wife.

I honestly don't think it would.

People that go don't just go to see the football, but for the whole thing of sitting in the crowd getting the atmosphere, and it would be even better if it was only the club that was allowed to sell the media on a Saturday 3pm meaning sky and such still wouldn't be able to show the games at this time.

Why should 30 miles change the fact the you can watch a EPL game on a Saturday at 3pm. If you get sky in the republic of Ireland you can watch a 3pm EPL game, but if you stay in the north you can't. If you have hooky sky the good chance is you can on setanta 2

Could they not offer live streams to season ticket holders or those who buy tickets but can't go.

I could see attendance figures dropping if it was offered to everyone but the club would still make money, attendances seem to mean FA these days (the scum make them up anyway)

I can't geat to games but I'd gladly pay the club my subscription.

found this:-

UEFA sells the broadcast rights in a three season basis and various packages are available for bidders, with UEFA weighing balance between free and pay television under the UEFA and European Union (EU) agreement. While balancing between free and pay television, if the rights do not sell within "sales windows", the rights may be sold on an individual basis to pay-per-view television broadcasters.[1]

Maybe this is why the SFA want our TV rights