Joe Calzaghe vs Carl Froch - Who Wins?

JTP

Reading an atricle by DeGale today he mentioned Calzaghe avoiding Froch at the end of his career.

Seeing as Joe is 40 now this would have to happened a few years back but in your opinion who wins?

I think Calzaghe hands down. I don't think he got the credit he deserved from some quarters and even though undefeated.

Calzaghe would of won easily. Although Calzaghe would not of knocked Froch out he would of hit Froch with too much. Calzaghe used to throw 100 punch a round and would of easily won on points and was to fast for him. Froch has always struggled with the better boxers in the division.

Froch was still british level when Calzaghe was looking to cash out with fights in Vegas, so it's udnerstandable the fight was never made.

Close fight imo, but i seen enough in the Calzaghe vs a prime Kessler to lead me to believe that Calzaghe is simply a level above Froch. Hopkins was Calzaghes Ward, but Calzaghe made him look silly, where asFroch couldnt figure out that particular puzzle and lost nearly every round.

Froch was still british level when Calzaghe was looking to cash out with fights in Vegas, so it's udnerstandable the fight was never made.

Close fight imo, but i seen enough in the Calzaghe vs a prime Kessler to lead me to believe that Calzaghe is simply a level above Froch. Hopkins was Calzaghes Ward, but Calzaghe made him look silly, where asFroch couldnt figure out that particular puzzle and lost nearly every round.

Hopkins was years passed it when he faced Calzaghe. He took Kessler apart though I have to give him that.

Froch is too scrappy for my liking, and he wasted far too much of his boxing career with a shite promoter while he was looking after his property business. If he'd gone to Hearn earlier the Calzaghe fight could have been made but Hennessey is the Del Trotter of fight makers.

Calzaghe would have won on points in my opinion after 12 rounds of his hundred mile an hour pitter-patter, Froch doesn't have the range of movement to deal with fast hands.

Hopkins was years passed it when he faced Calzaghe.

disagree, it's a rare thing but some fighters seem to get better with age. Marquez & Hopkins are evidence of that, BHop took apart a 34-0 Pavlik after hat fight, and a world title from Pascal. RJJ was done, Bhop was one of the best p4p fighters in the world at the time.

Yes but what age was Hopkins when Calzaghe eventually got on a plane?

disagree, it's a rare thing but some fighters seem to get better with age. Marquez & Hopkins are evidence of that, BHop took apart a 34-0 Pavlik after hat fight, and a world title from Pascal. RJJ was done, Bhop was one of the best p4p fighters in the world at the time.

Hopkins was well past it, he had lost all his speed. You can't be serious bringing Pavlik into it, he was shot to fuck against BHop. His life was in the gutter at that time and he wasn't training properly. He probably had a quarter bottle of mad dog before the fight. Pavlicks prime was a long long time ago. He's a stumbling drunken wreck who'll be sleeping under a bridge in a few years time.